Author Topic: Gyromite Variations Question  (Read 2945 times)

scott

Gyromite Variations Question
« on: March 24, 2012, 06:50:36 pm »
Ok so we all know that Gyromite sometimes contains the Famicom adapter. So should we list it as it's own variation? The Gyromite w/ the adapter is a variation of the 5 screw cart, Supposedly the label is darker in color, the ends of the pins are slightly different and the cart weighs slightly more. Really, the only way to know for certain if you have it is to crack open the cart itself.

Thoughts?
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

hexen

Re: Gyromite Variations Question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2012, 06:56:18 pm »
Personally, I would say no (assuming the color isn't really much different.) Gyromite is no the only one with the converter and plenty of games have different insides (Different colored boards and the like) so opening the floodgates to that may not be a great idea. Already so many different ways the cartridge can vary.

On the topic, the only one of those Famicom converters I ever found was in my copy of Wrecking Crew. I ripped it out so Byron could use it as a converter for his Famicom games and I already had a converter, although I am wishing I still had one because it is quite unique
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

scott

Re: Gyromite Variations Question
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 07:11:46 pm »
Ya I see the point. I don't see how we could follow up on all those types of variations, and no one wants to crack open things just to check.

I got lucky and found one in my 2nd copy of Gyromite. Now I just need to get the original Kid Dracula for Famicom. :)
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread