Author Topic: What is the first RPG/JRPG you ever played?  (Read 4036 times)

shepard11

Re: What is the first RPG/JRPG you ever played?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2017, 03:02:00 pm »
I love pokemon and final fantasy but honestly think my first RPG was Breathe of Fire. And yet somehow I don't have them in my collection anymore I need to fix that.

kashell

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2017, 03:42:03 pm »
I love pokemon and final fantasy but honestly think my first RPG was Breathe of Fire. And yet somehow I don't have them in my collection anymore I need to fix that.

For sure! I love that series.

thewelshman

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2017, 03:48:16 pm »
Final Fantasy III (VI) on SNES. I was at a friend's house who had a SNES and had just bought FFVI. As soon as I gazed upon that amazing game, I was hooked. Sadly, I owned a Sega Genesis and had no money for a SNES. Luckily, my birthday was close, and I was able to have a birthday party. Combine all of that with side jobs, I was able to buy a SNES w/Zelda: A Link to the Past, and FFVI.

While saving money, I begged my mom to buy me Phantasy Star III for Sega that was in the bargain bin for $15. Not a great game, but got me by until I saved up the cash.

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2017, 04:11:48 pm »
My first was Phantasy Star IV, borrowed it from a friend and played the living shit out of it. I think I even faked being sick to stay home and play it. That game opened my world to RPGs and I've never looked back.

pzeke

« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2017, 11:01:31 pm »
I can't remember if I ever played an RPG on the NES, but I do remember playing Super Mario RPG on the SNES and loving it even though I had no clue what I was doing. The first RPG I played knowing full-well what an RPG was, though was Final Fantasy VII. After that RPGs have been a part of my diet.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2017, 11:45:55 pm »
1st RPG would have to go to Zelda II: The Adventures of Link or Breath of Fire

Flashback2012

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2017, 06:39:36 pm »
No clue. We're talking 30+ years ago and the ole memory ain't what it used to be.  :o

I want to say Phantasy Star because I remember playing it in elementary school and getting into a fight with the only other kid who owned a SMS over loaned games (little bastard spit in my face and claimed I said something about his mom when a teacher intervened...I guess my memory isn't so dodgy after all  :P). If it wasn't that then it was definitely The Legend of Zelda. One thing I DO remember is that I beat both games along with Zelda II. Nowadays I can't be arsed to even put 10 minutes into a game.  ;)

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2017, 04:47:19 am »
Final Fantasy was my 1st rpg