Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 1208 times)

thecollector0o7

Need some advice
« on: October 21, 2012, 06:33:01 am »
So yesterday I bought Y's 3 for the SNES and its a pretty awesome game. Now the other day I say Y's 1 & 2 for the Nintendo DS and had no clue what the game was until now. I see that 17 other people have the DS game, is it any good? or should I just go get 1 & 2 for their respected consoles?

Thanks

- Thecollector0o7

soera

Re: Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:40:51 am »
Ys 3 is probably the least favorite game in the series. If you like it, you are going to enjoy the others. The Turbo Duo version is the one I grew up with and one of the games that remains on my permanent top 10 favorite. If you want to try it, its available on the virtual console on the Wii for like $8. It was the reason I got the VC stuff. The moment I started the game, all my memories came back. I was as giddy as a snake in a rat house.

foxhack

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »
Oh god, Ys III. That's the Zelda II of the series - literally, the rest of the games are top-down action adventure... sort of, while this one went the Zelda II route. I personally love it even if it's incredibly freakin' unfair. (I'm a bigger fan of the remake, Oath in Felghana.)

The first two Ys games are... good, but the way you attack enemies is pretty strange. You don't have an attack button, you just walk at enemies in a particular way. I don't remember if the DS games use the "use a button to slash an enemy" controls that later games used, but I doubt it.

Watch some Youtube videos to see if you'll enjoy the DS remake. :)

thecollector0o7

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 10:09:29 pm »
Oh god, Ys III. That's the Zelda II of the series - literally, the rest of the games are top-down action adventure... sort of, while this one went the Zelda II route. I personally love it even if it's incredibly freakin' unfair. (I'm a bigger fan of the remake, Oath in Felghana.)

The first two Ys games are... good, but the way you attack enemies is pretty strange. You don't have an attack button, you just walk at enemies in a particular way. I don't remember if the DS games use the "use a button to slash an enemy" controls that later games used, but I doubt it.

Watch some Youtube videos to see if you'll enjoy the DS remake. :)

Thanks both I went and picked it up the DS remake and its awesome. Being a fan of Zelda I felt right at home.

jcalder8

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 03:42:53 pm »
A DS remake? This certainly interests me, I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

thecollector0o7

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 07:52:20 pm »
It has both 1 and 2 and mine came bundled with a CD :P

scott

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 08:57:32 am »
I've always wanted to get into the Ys series... I may need to look into the DS remake as well.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread