Author Topic: Amazon Item Numbers  (Read 2728 times)

matt

Amazon Item Numbers
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:12:21 am »
Any item numbers starting with B00...such as B003Q55YCU are Amazon Item Numbers and not the actual item number.

PLEASE DON'T USE THESE

We will simply have to edit them out.

Thanks.

matt

Re: Amazon Item Numbers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:14:42 am »
I just updated 82 games that had these numbers.

scott

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 02:31:58 pm »
From an earlier post. This is important.

I'd just like to point out that we aren't using ASIN numbers, those are Amazon's reference numbers. The Item number field on our game pages is the factory number on the box/disc/cart of the game itself.

For example, Alice: Madness Returns for PS3 should have an item number of BLUS-30607 not the ASIN # B004CDBP9G, which is currently listed.

Or another example would be Metroid Prime for GameCube, which has the correct Nintendo part number of DOL-GMBE-USA listed on our game entry. Rather than the Amazon ASIN # of B00006IJJK.

Please don't list ASIN numbers in the item number field.

Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 03:31:38 pm »
On the subject of item numbers, do Microsoft products have them at all on the packaging? Xbox games have some strange number on the spine, but it doesn't seem to follow any logical pattern, and X360 games don't have anything on the spine.

Also, thanks to Sony and Nintendo for making the things easy to find.

matt

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 11:39:42 am »
I'm not sure how it works on Xbox either. Some discs have numbers on them and some don't. Very inconsistent. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 11:36:42 am »
as you have brought this up, I just looked at my 360 games and some of them have what I THINK are item numbers on the spine of the case, yet not all of them seem to have them printed. I just looked at Gears of War 3 that has d9d-00001 and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3 has 4e4-d0834, but Sonic Generations only has 68056 and Lost Planet 2 has nothing printed on it. The CDs and Books have no such info printed on them that look like item numbers.

matt

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 06:01:14 pm »
I noticed this as well. Numbering on 360 titles doesn't seem to be very consistent and I honestly don't know which one is the official item number or how to find it.