Author Topic: Do you know any games with really hard difficulty?  (Read 4720 times)

shatterstar69

Re: Do you know any games with really hard difficulty?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 04:54:35 am »
If you are talking this generation games, most to tend to be on the easy side I agree.
Although the Souls series (and Bloodborne) are supposed to be challenging but I have
Never tried them myself.

On PS2 the original DMC 3 was difficult but not impossible

Ninja Gaiden Black On OG Xbox was hard as well

I’m sure there were others that generation but it can
depend on the person and their strengths/weaknesses
in different genres
Time to make the donuts!

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 02:22:01 pm »
Polybius

telly

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 02:46:06 pm »
Medal of Honor Frontline on hard mode was the most difficult game I've ever finished. It made me want throw my PS2 controller across the room, especially Nijmegen Bridge.
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 03:39:39 pm »
Medal of Honor Frontline on hard mode was the most difficult game I've ever finished. It made me want throw my PS2 controller across the room, especially Nijmegen Bridge.

I gave up on Metal Of Honer Frontline on easy on the level where you start off on top of explosives and get sniped by bad guys off screen with rocket launchers, I hate how in that one level they keep firing the rockets from a summit and you can't kill them even though you can see them, the only way to kill them is to climb the hill but even if you manage to kill the rocket guys you still don't have enough health to finish that level or mission.

I much prefer First Person Shooters where you have allies but most of Metal Of Honor Frontline you forced to do everything by yourself for 99% or that game
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:41:48 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telly

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2019, 07:02:44 pm »

I gave up on Metal Of Honer Frontline on easy on the level where you start off on top of explosives and get sniped by bad guys off screen with rocket launchers, I hate how in that one level they keep firing the rockets from a summit and you can't kill them even though you can see them, the only way to kill them is to climb the hill but even if you manage to kill the rocket guys you still don't have enough health to finish that level or mission.

I much prefer First Person Shooters where you have allies but most of Metal Of Honor Frontline you forced to do everything by yourself for 99% or that game

Haha yeah, I think we've talked about this before since this topic has come up at another time :) Are you talking about the level after the mine carts?
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 09:40:11 am »

Haha yeah, I think we've talked about this before since this topic has come up at another time :) Are you talking about the level after the mine carts?

I think, but I haven't played that game in a vary long time, because that is how upset I was.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:44:00 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 01:18:27 pm »
Space Channel 5 was really hard for me but i just might be a noob so lol

kypherion

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 02:24:43 pm »
Mine Cart Carnage - Donkey Kong Country.

Fuck that stage.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

telly

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 03:32:32 pm »

Fuck that stage.

Ooo yeah that's a good choice
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

pzeke

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 08:45:13 pm »
Well, in that case, we can't forget about the Turbo/Wind Tunnel in Battletoads.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 11:12:08 pm »

Fuck that stage.

I used to skip it when i was a kid lol

Agozer

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2019, 07:58:52 am »
I haven't been able to get past that pufferfish boss in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Absolutely an amazing game but god damn.

Now that I think about it, every single one of the DKC games are ruthless. They ease you in, sure, but all of the sudden all bets are off and the games outright hate you.

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2019, 08:45:31 am »
I haven't been able to get past that pufferfish boss in Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Absolutely an amazing game but god damn.

Now that I think about it, every single one of the DKC games are ruthless. They ease you in, sure, but all of the sudden all bets are off and the games outright hate you.

The hardest level beside the lost world level from DKC2 is the last normal level from DKC3  where your control the snake. That level is impossible.

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2019, 11:15:05 pm »
Robocop Vs The Terminator on genesis and Truxton on genesis

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2019, 11:14:03 am »
Everyone talks about the Turbo Tunnel in Battletoads, but for me, the sticking point was that @&$!? snake level. Extremely frustrating trial-and-error design where I would run out of lives before being able to memorize all the snake patterns.

Beating Revenge of Shinobi on Genesis was hard enough, but beating the final boss in time to save your girlfriend....that was REALLY hard. I actually did it legit once.

Also, Adventures of Bayou Billy on NES is one of those games that’s hard for all the wrong reasons, mainly cheap enemies and bad hit detection. I also beat this one legit once, but I had zero desire to ever play it again after that :p