Author Topic: Just watched multiple review and gameplay videos of Crackdown 3  (Read 1461 times)

Just watched multiple review and gameplay videos of Crackdown 3
« on: February 17, 2019, 05:58:21 pm »
Wow that is very disappointing considering the fun Crackdown 1 was in 2007.

It looks like a budget last gen game and all of that destructibility that the game was being hyped around at announcement is entirely non-existent in the single player campaign.

The game is at 60 on Metacritic for xbox one at the minute.

This is very sad. It's the epitome of sub-par mediocrity from what I've seen of it.

Open world games have moved on so far from this. And, Saints Row has done this exact game but much, much better.

This was one of few Microsoft titles outside of Forza/Halo/Gears and it's basically a dead franchise now after two missteps in both Crackdown 2 and Crackdown 3.

It's included in Game Pass so you can play it for next to nothing if you wanted to but I do assess games in terms as value for my time as well as money and this just doesn't look worth my time.

It was just pooped out as a stealth release with no fanfare behind it at all.

It looks so repetitive and boring. IGN gave it a 5.0.

State of Decay 2 is sitting at a 66 metacritic on xbox one too. I played that game and thought it sucked. The first one was very enjoyable despite the jank, it was at least novel.

It's really hard to want to follow Microsoft into the next console generation with this kind of output. I like the controller, I like the backwards compatibility - but where are the great new games? The best I've played from them this gen is Froza Horizon 3 but racing is a pretty niche genre.

Sad times.

Probably gonna own only PlayStation next gen unless there's multiple must have mind blowing launch titles from Xbox with their new studio acquisitions.

Agozer

Re: Just watched multiple review and gameplay videos of Crackdown 3
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 07:23:27 pm »
The biggest tell was how the game was stealth-released, without any fanfare. Now, I'm not an Xbox fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I have to say that the early look at the "cloud-based" destruction was really impressive. Too bad that in the final game, the destruction is still there, but only in the multiplayer side and considerably pared back.

The development hell didn't do this game any favors. For what I've been reading about Crackdown 3, the open world aspect, the wanton destruction, and what have you have been done better in other games already.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 09:41:23 pm »
I'm not even joking when I say I don't know why anyone would buy an XBONE; either all the best games are multiplats or can be bought on PC. The console exclusive stuff is so sparse I can't imagine paying more than $50 for an XBONE.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 10:03:32 pm »
Man, I hate that they dropped the ball on this. The first Crackdown was fantastic. I put a lot of hours into it. It was a dang good tome.

Crackdown 3 was actually one of the games that I thought might make an XBone worth getting. I was wrong again. Oh well. At least I only gave 100 bones for it 2 or 3 years ago. Microsoft killed it with the 360. Then they follow it up with this? 

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 11:06:07 pm »
And this is why I avoided the Xbox One.  Its offered almost nothing of substance to me in its entire lifespan and what things might've interested me were either just okay or turned out be bad, with the one exception being Sunset Overdrive, but I don't think I would've appreciated it as much 4 years ago.  PS4 on the other hand has been amazing.

Don't want to make this into a "I'm on this team!" sort of deal, but I think it's just clear how bad Xbox handled this gen and no amount of replaying last gen games or having a pass to play new games I don't give a crap about will remedy that.  The one other exception is the new Ori game, but that is coming to PC, so it's not a big deal.  I don't even have hope for next gen, because they've been aquiring all these studios and I don't know if it'll matter.  Maybe it will, but them buying Undead Labs after the shitfest that is State of Decay 2 offers me zero hope.  I don't care if they have the more powerful system again, it just isn't important if the games aren't there to back it up.

ferraroso

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 08:51:41 am »
And this is why I avoided the Xbox One.  Its offered almost nothing of substance to me in its entire lifespan and what things might've interested me were either just okay or turned out be bad, with the one exception being Sunset Overdrive, but I don't think I would've appreciated it as much 4 years ago.  PS4 on the other hand has been amazing.

Overall, the Xone has offered much less than the Wii U did. And this is coming from an assumed Nintendo hater...

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 01:03:22 pm »

Overall, the Xone has offered much less than the Wii U did. And this is coming from an assumed Nintendo hater...

I loved the Wii U, so I'm not gonna say otherwise there lol