Author Topic: The Toy Collectors  (Read 41927 times)

The Toy Collectors
« on: February 18, 2019, 05:31:26 am »
The other collection thread has gone fairly unused for quite awhile, so figured we could just open a brand new one with a focus on toy collecting as I casually pick up stuff as sorta my second collection after what I get with video games.  This isn't just a pickup thread, you can post your current collection or maybe something you plan to get, or maybe just talk about new stuff you are excited for.

I spent the weekend selling at the flea market with some friends and while I was trying to make a few bucks, I found a few things pretty cheap for myself.  I'm not a huge KH fan, but I wanted this alternate Sora, the Final Fantasy 8 stuff is a neat find and because the packaging is so yellow, I'm just going to open them up, and then this one shop had literally 4 (maybe more) of this House of the Dead zombie figure, and I bought 2, because they were 5 bucks, and my friends bought the other two.  I'll open one and either keep the other or give it to a friend.

Re: The Toy Collectors
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 09:03:34 am »
When you open that Quistis, will you take another shot of her accessories? I traded for one years ago at a convention, and the previous owner was sure she'd lost her glasses, but I'm not seeing any there. Just curious what (if anything) I need to be replacing.

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 09:10:42 am »
When you open that Quistis, will you take another shot of her accessories? I traded for one years ago at a convention, and the previous owner was sure she'd lost her glasses, but I'm not seeing any there. Just curious what (if anything) I need to be replacing.

A closer glance makes it seem like she doesn't have any glasses.  I googled some pictures of her and it seems that generally while dressed like this, she doesn't wear glasses, mostly in just her uniform.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 09:15:11 am »
A closer glance makes it seem like she doesn't have any glasses.  I googled some pictures of her and it seems that generally while dressed like this, she doesn't wear glasses, mostly in just her uniform.

That's what I noticed too- I'm hoping they mis-remembered and it's a complete figure, but just in case there's something hiding behind the label or blocked off by the yellow- let me know what's in there later?

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 09:19:27 am »

That's what I noticed too- I'm hoping they mis-remembered and it's a complete figure, but just in case there's something hiding behind the label or blocked off by the yellow- let me know what's in there later?

Will do, will be opening her up abit later and I'll scour the package just in case.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 11:17:15 am »
The other collection thread has gone fairly unused for quite awhile, so figured we could just open a brand new one with a focus on toy collecting as I casually pick up stuff as sorta my second collection after what I get with video games.  This isn't just a pickup thread, you can post your current collection or maybe something you plan to get, or maybe just talk about new stuff you are excited for.

I spent the weekend selling at the flea market with some friends and while I was trying to make a few bucks, I found a few things pretty cheap for myself.  I'm not a huge KH fan, but I wanted this alternate Sora, the Final Fantasy 8 stuff is a neat find and because the packaging is so yellow, I'm just going to open them up, and then this one shop had literally 4 (maybe more) of this House of the Dead zombie figure, and I bought 2, because they were 5 bucks, and my friends bought the other two.  I'll open one and either keep the other or give it to a friend.

I still have that House of the Dead Strength figure (and its massive chainsaw) in storage at my parents’ place, along with Hierophant. There’s a few other gaming-related figures in there too, like Quake, Armored Core, Marvel vs Capcom, and Resident Evil. I used to have a big box full of Street Fighter figures but I sold them all.

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 11:40:36 am »

Opened her up and no glasses, just the stand and whip, so you are good on that.

I still have that House of the Dead Strength figure (and its massive chainsaw) in storage at my parents’ place, along with Hierophant. There’s a few other gaming-related figures in there too, like Quake, Armored Core, Marvel vs Capcom, and Resident Evil. I used to have a big box full of Street Fighter figures but I sold them all.

I'm not a big House of the Dead fan or anything, but it's just a really cool gaming figure to find, especially for so cheap.  Also it's crazy heavy for a toy lol I usually keep an eye out for gaming figures if I can find them.  My buddy was selling a bunch of the GIJOE-like Street Fighter figures at the Flea Market, but I think most people looking at them just though they were just normal Joes lol

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 01:43:35 pm »

I'm not a big House of the Dead fan or anything, but it's just a really cool gaming figure to find, especially for so cheap.  Also it's crazy heavy for a toy lol I usually keep an eye out for gaming figures if I can find them.  My buddy was selling a bunch of the GIJOE-like Street Fighter figures at the Flea Market, but I think most people looking at them just though they were just normal Joes lol
Yeah, it is a huge and heavy figure. Appropriately intimidating :)

The Street Fighter figures I had were the SOTA Toys ones from the mid 2000’s. They were really cool figures but I was downsizing my collection so they needed to go. I do remember seeing the GIJoe SF figures in stores but, I always thought they looked a little dorky compared to other awesome GIJoe figures. I do still have a Vega (Claw) figure from Resaurus somewhere in storage...

dreama1

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 05:38:20 pm »
That kingdom hearts figure looks butt ugly.

dreama1

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 05:39:36 pm »
You need that mega man 1 figure.

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 05:45:53 pm »
That kingdom hearts figure looks butt ugly.

The face is a little silly for sure, but the general look is fine overall, so I don't mind it.  I'm only grabbing a couple of the figures for the heck of it.  Could get Axel kinda cheap, but his face is extra rough I feel and put me off too much, unless I can stumble across him for like 5 bucks someday.

You need that mega man 1 figure.

And whats this about a Mega Man 1 figure? I'm generally not a fan of NES Mega Man, more so Mega Man X and Legends.

dreama1

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 06:54:18 pm »
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2015/01/possibly-best-custom-bad-box-art-mega.html

Someone made a figure of the mega man guy from the US box cover.

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 07:05:12 pm »
http://www.rockman-corner.com/2015/01/possibly-best-custom-bad-box-art-mega.html

Someone made a figure of the mega man guy from the US box cover.

That's too good looking of a figure for what it is based on lol

jsoup

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 01:25:11 am »
Ok, guess I can toss in.

Very bad, quickly taken image incoming.

Was actually thinking about cleaning things up, making it more orderly and deciding what I do and do not want to keep.
That's not everything, either, just what was small and easy to put up on a small shelf I happened to have.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 01:27:28 am by jsoup »

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2019, 09:19:44 am »

Whoo! That's good to know- that means all 3 of my FF8's are complete. (I bought Irvine & Laguna back in the day.)

I've been seriously looking over my shelves recently, trying to decide where I could put a new figure. I don't buy them much these days, but I found out about this Hatsune Miku x Space Invaders figure, and it's very much my kind of thing (I play a lot of retro & rhythm games.) I missed the preorders, but I'm hoping I can get one on release.