Author Topic: What Do You Think Is The Reason Why Most Sports Games Are Frowned Upon?  (Read 3774 times)

Re: What Do You Think Is The Reason Why Most Sports Games Are Frowned Upon?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2019, 01:18:11 pm »
I feel like the more silly sports games have fallen by the wayside too. NBA Jam, NFL/NBA street, and all the great xtreme sports games like SSX and Tony Hawk  :'(

I think this is a big part of it. Game companies usually focus way too much on making sports games too realistic. The focus is usually to create an overly complicated "experience" for the user, rather than simply making a fun game.

Consider this: What are some of the sports games that everyone remembers fondly? Tecmo Bowl and NBA Jam. Both found the perfect mix of "realism" by having real-life rosters, but also focusing solely on what makes basketball and football fun. Both sports fans and everyday gamers can enjoy them.

I want more crazy sports games like Mutant League Hockey, Pigskin 621 A.D., or Super Baseball 2020 (an excellent game that shows how baseball will be next year!).
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:32:29 pm by zenimus »

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2019, 01:30:13 pm »
Edit: double post...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 01:32:07 pm by zenimus »

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2019, 01:30:39 pm »
Triple post? Geez, I gotta stop trying to use this site on my phone. Three strikes, I'm out...

pzeke

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 02:01:36 pm »
Lol! Wasn't that serendipitous.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 03:25:31 am »
I feel like the more silly sports games have fallen by the wayside too. NBA Jam, NFL/NBA street, and all the great xtreme sports games like SSX and Tony Hawk  :'(

I think this is a big part of it. Game companies usually focus way too much on making sports games too realistic. The focus is usually to create an overly complicated "experience" for the user, rather than simply making a fun game.

As a huge basketball fan I have to disagree with this. I love to play games like NBA Street but at the same time, it would get boring if I could only play arcade type basketball game.

« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2019, 10:47:47 pm »
I think this is a big part of it. Game companies usually focus way too much on making sports games too realistic. The focus is usually to create an overly complicated "experience" for the user, rather than simply making a fun game.\

as an example of what was said by @zenimus is part of this post

late 5th and 6th generation hockey video games can be a blast to play in my opinion, however EA's hockey games fell apart in the 7th console generation with a game like either NHL 10  were the game required a skill in realistic hockey stick mechanic that you had to master just to score, and many people hated one of the those games because of it. realism can make any game more difficult then it needs to be. like in NHL 10. for PS3 or Xbox360.

As a huge basketball fan I have to disagree with this. I love to play games like NBA Street but at the same time, it would get boring if I could only play arcade type basketball game.

I like rules on basketball myself, but I also play arcade too, but most time I will play an NBA or NCAA game on simulation mode

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2019, 07:29:08 pm »
Bumped 12/30/2019

What does anyone think about sports games that have different teams from other leagues than the normal NFL, NHL, FIFA, NBA, MLB leagues.

I love most of the sports games I've played. I especially enjoy the EA sports games that came out in the mid 6th console generation like the NHL licensed games that included leagues different from the regular professional type of leagues like the NCAA Basketball games and the AHL, hockey leagues.

And lets not forget the sports games that let us create a custom teams or basically our own league like the NHL 2004 NHL 2005 NHL 2006 and so on for the PlayStation 2 console  did

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2019, 09:53:50 pm »
I used to play sports games all the time thay were some of my favorites. Atari 2600 sports games were some of the better games on the system.(I know im old) Nes had Tecmo bowl,wrestling,track and field ect. Genesis had Joe Montana sports talk football,Buster Douglas boxing and too many others to list. But the last real sports game I've played was 2002 fifa scoccer (excellent game btw.) on Gamecube. I feel with better game design and graphics that you have more options at your disposal than ever before,now I love fighters,first person shooters,racing games,adventure,rpg,strategy and many more excellent genres that sports take a backseat to everything else.

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2020, 04:04:46 am »
Most EA Sports games in the 5th and 6th console generation. those sports games have a lot of features nobody seems talk or know about today.

Games like NHL 2004 05 06 07 & 08 have more then just world professional teams to choose from, NHL 2004 was the vary first EA Sports brand hockey game to offer the ability to create your own team from scratch, that feature had the following options for custom teams

1:  Choose a team uniform
2: Choose a team logo
3: Choose a teams home town from a list of real life cities
4: Customize how the entire hockey arena looks inside
6: Customize a home team fan taunt
7: Choose a goal horn or noise when your team scores at their home arena
8: Create custom players
10: Take control of your entre team and all the staff in Dynasty Mode
11: customize your name and personality as team GM
12: Play through a 10 year season according to the manual
13: choose from 4 different European leagues plus international teams as well as the traditional NHL teams with all players from all teams from that time period
14: also you can change the uniforms of your team and the one your playing against into their old jerseys
15: you can basically do anything you want, including hire and fire players by giving them contacts, some guys will want more money than others will.

NHL 06 has some of those features taken away but they added some additional options and in NHL 2008 for the PlayStation 2 you can even play as the minior league called the AHL American Hockey League..

NO APPS NEEDED