Author Topic: PEGI Xbox 360 game... in NTSC??  (Read 1150 times)

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

PEGI Xbox 360 game... in NTSC??
« on: March 29, 2019, 06:48:31 pm »
I just made the weirdest video game find of my life. I just bought this copy of Fallout 3 - Game Of The Year Edition for Xbox 360 and it's a NTSC version... but with PEGI ratings!

*surprised pikachu*

I've never seen anything like this before. Have you guys ever seen a NTSC game with PEGI ratings before?

Link to the pictures: https://imgur.com/a/ni7ZRYO
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

Re: PEGI Xbox 360 game... in NTSC??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 08:57:27 am »
Well your manual has an ESRB rating on it, so it's a piecemeal set of some kind... although I can't really offer much explanation for the case art. My first thought would be to pull it out & see if its a homemade insert.

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:57:42 pm »
These were often sold in Quebec for the French-speaking market located there.

leonefamily

PRO Supporter

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 05:56:14 pm »
Well your manual has an ESRB rating on it, so it's a piecemeal set of some kind... although I can't really offer much explanation for the case art. My first thought would be to pull it out & see if its a homemade insert.
The carton looks 100% genuine, even the discs are entirely in French.

These were often sold in Quebec for the French-speaking market located there.
For PC games, yes. But during the last 3-years of video game collecting I have never ever ever seen a CONSOLE game from here with PEGI ratings. This is absolutely unheard of for console games.
Freeze iou imperialist pig! Zat is ze propertay of ze Gouvernement Français. Hand eet over!

tripredacus

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2019, 10:59:02 am »
If this is one of the examples of a France game brought to Canada, and if it is localised into French, it would likely not get re-rated by ESRB. So the PEGI rating would be used instead.