Author Topic: What game do you have the most copies of, and why?  (Read 3647 times)

Re: What game do you have the most copies of, and why?
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2019, 09:10:00 am »
Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD because they accidentally sent me two lol

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2019, 10:40:27 am »
Not sure how many copies of Street fighter 2. Pretty sure everybody has at least a couple copies of Street fighter 2

I don't really play fighting games, but even I have one (Championship edition, SNES)- although technically it belongs to a friend of my brother & I have to give it back if he asks. It's been a good 20 years though, so I'm not expecting it.

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2019, 03:17:23 am »
Off the top of my head I am thinking Final Fantasy X:
2x - Original PS2 release
1x - PS3 Sepcial Edition
1x PS4 Limited Edition Steel book
1x PS Vita
... Had the Switch & Xbox One versions been fairly priced I'd have them also :P

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 03:36:59 am »
probably metal gear solid 2 for me

original release ps2
xbox release
substance
re-release w/ substance
hd collection ps3 and vita
legacy collection
limited hd collection

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 11:16:10 am »
Its Super Mario Bros, for sure.
NES SMB (3-screw and 5-screw)
NES SMB/Duck Hunt
PlayChoice-10 SMB
SNES Super Mario Allstars
Gameboy Color Super Mario Bros Deluxe
GBA NES Series SMB
GameCube Animal Crossing
Wii Super Mario Allstars
NES Classic
Switch Nintendo Online

There may be more. Who knows? 

« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 11:30:49 am »
Yeah, I have 3 copies of Super Mario World. Snes, Super Famicom, and Wii U Virtual Console. I got all of them free or bundled in with the console.

rayne315

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 11:44:38 am »
I made the stupid comment to my brother one year that I did not own any duplicate games in my collection so for Christmas he got me 25 combat carts for the 2600 as a joke. I actually ended up keeping more of them than I should have because the end label on the carts were different. like different fonts and sizes for the lettereing.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

kypherion

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2019, 02:42:44 pm »
Final Fantasy VII probably. I own it on PS1, Steam, and Switch. I just love the game and just beat it on saturday in 23 hours! Tons of fun.

I own 3 PC copies of Crysis, one on steam and 2 physical because the first one doesn't work.

I own 3 copies of Halo: Combat Evolved. 2 on PC and 1 on XBOX. I guess you can say 4 if you count the Master Chief Collection. I got my 2 PC copies from my dad's cousin because he worked at Microsoft back then.

I own 3 copies of Wave Race: Blue Storm. I had 1 copy that my dad bought for the gamecube, I then picked up a CIB version at a con because
I lost the case, and then found a japanese copy in a bin for $5 CIB! A bit worn but still worth it.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

aliensstudios

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2019, 03:15:12 pm »
Its Super Mario Bros, for sure.
NES SMB (3-screw and 5-screw)
NES SMB/Duck Hunt
PlayChoice-10 SMB
SNES Super Mario Allstars
Gameboy Color Super Mario Bros Deluxe
GBA NES Series SMB
GameCube Animal Crossing
Wii Super Mario Allstars
NES Classic
Switch Nintendo Online

There may be more. Who knows?

Yeah, now that I think about it I've got
• Super Mario Bros. (NES)
• Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
• Super Mario All-Stars
• Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
• Super Mario Bros. (Virtual console)
• Super Mario Bros. on NES Classic

That's just one less than Sonic the Hedgehog for me
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2019, 08:45:59 am »
6 copies of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

N64, PS1, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, GBC

I'm missing the GBA version.

There's probably a game that I have more than 6 copies of if you count compilations, but I don't know if I can bother to go through all of my compilations to figure it out.

Flashback2012

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2019, 08:48:29 am »

There's probably a game that I have more than 6 copies of if you count compilations, but I don't know if I can bother to go through all of my compilations to figure it out.

There was a post on the gamecollecting subreddit not too long ago where a guy showed off his collection of damn near every Tony Hawk game that's come out. That's a level of dedication I simply do not have.  :P

aliensstudios

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2019, 10:03:50 am »

There was a post on the gamecollecting subreddit not too long ago where a guy showed off his collection of damn near every Tony Hawk game that's come out. That's a level of dedication I simply do not have.  :P
Yeah, I saw that too. It was actually pretty cool and a breath of fresh air compared to people showing their Zelda or Fire Emblem collections honestly. That guy might be one of a handful to say he has all the Tony Hawk games.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2019, 10:17:35 am »

I'm not far off from that tbh.  I just don't own any copies of Tony Hawk 5.  They're cheap for the most part.  I think the only one left I really want is American Wasteland on 360 and maybe Downhill Jam on PS2.  Amazon bamboozled me on a copy of Downhill Jam, had a copy of Proving Ground in it.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2019, 10:44:16 am »
I had to think about this for a minute. I try to avoid buying multiple copies of the same game unless it’s an upgrade or collection of some kind (like Ico/Shadow of the Colossus Collection on PS3). I have 2 of a lot of games due to owning a number of remasters/collections, but rarely 3.

The only ones I can think of are SMB2 & 3, which I have for NES, SNES (SMB All-Stars), and GBA (Super Mario Advance series).

Funny thing is, I recently discovered I have 2 copies of Final Fantasy Chronicles (PS1) and Katamari Damacy (PS2). Not sure where they came from  ;D

pzeke

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2019, 07:56:28 pm »
Well, Pokémon games with their corresponding remakes would be a safe answer. Other than that, I happen to own a copy of Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Rango, and TMNT for three different consoles since they play differently. I'd also say Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Shadow of the Colossus: for the former I own the original GBA game and two copies of the PS2 remake, and for the latter I own two copies of the PS2 version, black label and greatest hits, and the PS3 HD version.

I guess Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection would apply here, too.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!