Author Topic: Which Gaming Device Do You Have The Most And Least Amount Of Games For & Why  (Read 4023 times)

I have the most games for my NES and Nintendo 64 followed closely by the PlayStation 2. The only reason why I am saying NES is because I have a 500 game homebrew cartridge with a bunch of games for the NES on it. (mostly homebrew)

But as far as individual games go it's gotta be the Nintendo 64 with 107 individual games. I always liked the N64's graphics and the feel of the games.

The least amount of games I collect for has to be the Super Nintendo SNES
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Most: PS4 by a lot especially if you include PS Plus games. I consider them a part of my collection even though I haven't added them all to my profile.

Least: GBA with just one game Pokémon Ruby. My original GBA and original copy of Ruby. I sold the rest of my GBA games a while ago.

Most: GBA with over 130 games

Least: Game Gear with 4 games.

PaleManInBlack

Most: Xbox 360 - The first console I started to game on properly and typically buy new releases for.

Least: GBA - The only game I have for it is... Jackie Chan Adventures. I'm so ashamed lol

stealthrush

Most: PS2.

Least: GameCube. since the system was given to me as a gift I found a few great games that interest me. 

Most: PS2 (380) - It's my 2nd favorite system of all time and just has a ton of excellent games on it.

Least: Atari 2600 (1): My one and only 2600 game is ET. I bought it as a gag years ago and other than that I have literally zero interest in the 2600.

azure

Most: PS2; PS2 has so many great game and such a huge library, not surprised.

Least: Sega Saturn; Almost every game I have interest in on this system is far too expensive.

Most goes to the 360 for two core reasons:

1) It was the console I was playing when I got my first job, so with the influx of cash, I could build the collections without waiting for a birthday/christmas present.
2) I love achievements and wanted to earn as many as possible, which requires having access to as many games as possible. And while I could rent the games, I couldn't justify the price of a rental compared to just buying the game outright.

As for least: PSP. Everything I've gotten is from being able to keep the demo units and games from the store where I used to work.

mark1982

Most - PS1 (250) I started doing a lot of small jobs while I was in school during this time and I pretty much spent it all on games. Then later I was big on importing Japanese PS1 games to play and to add into my collection.

Least - GameCube (16) I used my GameCube solely to play Zelda and Resident Evil games. But if I get an opportunity to start collecting for it and to play some titles that I missed, sure I wouldn't mind.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 10:27:06 am by mark1982 »
  l    l 

I have a homebrewed Wii that has all games for NES, SNES and Genesis, so technically NES in that regard.

If we aren't including homebrews or emulators then my answer is PC, sitting around somewhere between 100 - 120.

If we aren't including PC in all its various incarnations then my answer is again NES.  This is primarily due to a huge lot that I purchased a few years ago, but the last big lot I purchased was also NES, which grew that set by another 10 or so titles.

Least is Sega CD.  I have one game.  I was at an outlet retail shop and they had a boxed copy of Prince of Persia for $1.  Couldn't pass it up.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

Most: NES (123).
Not sure how I got that many NES games. I figured it was because when I was younger I didn’t do as much research as I do now to make sure the games I buy aren’t crap, but after looking through them, there’s actually very few real stinkers in that group. AD&D Heroes of the Lance is the only truly legendarily bad game in that bunch, and that one was a gift.

Least: Wii (1)
A few years ago, I realized I hadn’t played my Wii in about 3 years, so I sold it and all the games to a co-worker. Then a couple years later, I became obsessed with finally playing Rondo of Blood after hearing so much good about it. I couldn’t get an emulator to work right, I have no interest in buying a PSP, and I sure as hell wasn’t shelling out the dough for a PCECD plus the game. I discovered that I could download it for cheap from the Wii store, so I bought a used Wii so I could do just that. I planned on re-buying more games for it, mainly because my kids are reaching video game age, but so far RoB is the only one I have.

Most: PS2.  This title has so many weird and interesting titles, it was just before the introduction of achievements and the death of things like gameshark, so experiences were still pure.  It may not have aged well, but it aged better than PS1.  And it was during my informative years, so I'm largely interested in checking out the things I missed.  Also, the controller doesn't suck.  I also have a lot of SNES, N64, PS1, and 360 games as those were my platforms of choice during their respective generations (N64 and PS1 co-exist because N64 has a small library and relatively few multi-platform titles.)

Least: I have a few platforms with only one or two titles, they are the least because they are obscure and I only have titles because I just sort of stumbled into having a single game or two for free or next to nothing.  In terms of platforms that I actually have and have what I would call a collection for... I'd say Sega Master System.  I only have 27 games for it and I've bought a few games for it in recent years.  I have a lot of other platforms with fewer games, but I either don't really consider it a collection per se or it's just obscure or has a small library or quite frankly I don't really care about it.  Like my Arcadia 2001 collection, it's like 7 games, but the total library is like 20 games.

Most is by far my Atari 2600. But I feel like that's not fair because the console came with 120 games. So behind that is my Xbox 360 with over 20 games (mostly CODs). I've had it since I was 6, and I occasionally still pick up the Games With Gold if they look interesting.

Least is the PS2. I only have 5 games for it because it was really just a hand me down from my dad for my sister and me when we were little. Also, I technically have one OG Xbox game, but I don't have the console and I just play it BC on my 360.

Most: PS4 by 1, due almost entirely to Limited Run Games feeding my need for physical copies of download games.
Tied for 2nd: Atari 2600 & PS2. PS2 due to being my first console out of high school, when disposable income was high. Atari due to just being cheap to get.
3rd: Sega Genesis, due to being the longest continuously owned console in my collection. I've still got most of the games from when I was 9.

Least: Microvision. Becuase let's face it, it's not exactly the most fun system.

hexag0n

Most: PC (Steam sales)
Most Console: Xbox 360; Best system of its generation, massive library
Least: Playstation 1; To me a lot of PS1 games don't hold up terribly well today and the good/important ones can be pretty pricey