Author Topic: Which Gaming Device Do You Have The Most And Least Amount Of Games For & Why  (Read 4077 times)

kypherion

Most - PC with 148

Least - Gameboy Color

This is due to owning a PC for the majority of my life, with consoles entering and leaving my life but PC remaining a constant.
"Well, As The Philosopher Jagger Once Said, 'You Can't Always Get What You Want.'"

tpugmire

I have a shitload of 2600 games. So many in fact that I’ve never actually counted them. Gotta be near 300 though.

As far as the least. I only have the pre-loaded Safari Hunt & Hang On for the Master System, I have zero cartridges for it.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

megasilverx1

Most: NES at 83 games (105 if I count Famicom games). It's not my favorite console nor do I have any nostalgia for it, but for some reason I've ended up with quite a few NES games over the 11 years I've owned the console.

Least: Atari 5200 and Collecovision at 2 games each. I don't own either console but didn't want to pass up getting Nintendo games on a non-Nintendo console.

turf

PRO Supporter

Most:  NES The actual count is “shit load”

Least:  I have 1 PSP game. Just one lonely Castlevania with no system to play it on. I think I remember buying Megaman X Maverick Hunter, but I don’t have it listed.

Warmsignal

The NES makes up 10.7% of my collection with the most games. This is probably because it's a nostalgic console for me, there are an absolute ton of games for it, and for many years I could find them at very affordable prices quite easily.

Atari Jaguar makes up 1.2% of my collection. Mostly because I stopped buying games for it soon after I bought the console. Likely because the games are too hard to find, more than I want to pay, and the library is so lacking I can't think of another game I really care to own for it.

pzeke

I have the most games for the PS2, and I'm still getting games for it to this day.

The least are mainly Nintendo consoles. The GameCube for instance mostly has games that I already own for the PS2, but then again I tend to buy Nintendo consoles for their exclusives anyway.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

I have the least amount of games for the Nintendo Pokémon Mini, becuase there's only 10 games released for it worldwide.

But more in the spirit of things- I spend the least amount of time collecting for the Game Gear, due to the difficulty of seeing what's going on (screen blur and all that.) I picked up one with a Mcwill screen awhile back, but I still haven't gotten into it properly. I think PS4 just edged out Atari 2600 for most. I have a large number of Atari games becuase they're cheap. I have a large number of PS4 games becuase they're still being produced & I'm a sucker for boutique publishers like LRG. I'm running low on space though, so anything I can get on Switch or Xbox One, I do. Switch is catching up damn quick!

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

Most is Gamecube at 80 + all the game boy stuff because of the gameboy player. Honestly it's the system that made me truly enjoy playing games

Least is technically a tie both are at one game each. The Sega CD32X with Night Trap being the only game i have that requires both the Sega CD and 32X. the other is  the Philips CD-I with some Christmas game that was gifted to me despite never owning or showing any intrest in owning the system so most of the time I forget i even have it.

I don't collect as much games in general, but PC has always been my biggest "collection", even if I don't count the dozens of digital games I own.  I still have a number of my old PC games in a CD case and I've casually been collecting PC games for their boxes, because I think PC game are way better than most console game boxes, due to the lack of uniformity.  I know some might disagree with that, but I look at it like a library and how most books aren't going to be the same, so it makes them all stand out more compared to everything having a matching shape and color scheme with small text on the box being the only standout element.

Least might be Switch.  Not just because it's newer, but I generally find that there aren't as many games that interest me on it.  Outside of the rare exclusive, I only play on my Switch when I purposefully choose to play a platformer game on it, because usually it's not gonna run any worse and those types of games are great portable, the few times I need it that is.  Bloodstained was an outlier with this decision lol

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Most is xbox 360 with over 1200 games because it was a great system even with all of it's problems (red ring)
Least would be atari lynx with about 10 games because thier hard to find in my aera.

Most: PS2 at 158 games as this was my main console for some time and definitely the one I had the most enjoyment with.

Least: PSVita at 4 games. I didnt really enjoy this handheld compared to the PSP so I never game two shits buying anything beyond what I have.

Most: PS3 (293) - I've found the PS3 a joy to collect for, I think the main reason is due to the Blu-Ray Layered Disc which is scratch resistant and makes for buying Pre-owned games online less of a gamble! Plus a lot of the games have been dirt cheap aroudn this time period and Unlike my PS2 which is my 2nd highest in my Collection (at 241 Games), I can hook it up toi my HDTV with ease :)

Least: SEGA MegaDrive (2) - I don't own the system, picked these 2 Sonic games up at a Charity Store for cheaps :P