Author Topic: What's a game that you will never sell?  (Read 2472 times)

htimreimer

What's a game that you will never sell?
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:31:01 am »
for me any of my rare games or childhood games like

captain bible in dome of darkness
20,000 leagues under the sea
war cdrom power pack
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 07:20:13 pm by matt »

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: whats a game that you will never sell
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:44:50 am »
My wife thinks I have at least 800 that I won't sell.   :o

As long as it doesn't get to be real hard times, I will keep at least one copy of everything I have.

I have a few.   The 40 or so NES games that I had as a kid I will never get rid of.  I just hope I keep the right ones and don't sell them as doubles.  Maybe I'll be buried with Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! and Contra. 

matt

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 11:01:06 am »
My SMS and NES games. When I got into collecting I would buy any and everything. At one point I had a nearly complete Saturn collection and about 300 random other games across all systems. I've since sold almost everything, gotten out of debt and began to focus on my first and second loves, the SMS and NES.

amauriel

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 11:58:32 am »
First and foremost: Earthbound. I'm proud that I was one of the people that bought it when it first came out and that I know that my copy has been owned by only one person: me.

Second is my gold Zelda cart for the NES. Story: I don't wear yellow gold. So when Ronalopolis and I were dating, he gave me a white gold necklace for Valentine's one year. My birthday, two weeks later, he goes, "I got you silver for Valentine's, I wanted to get you gold." When I started to object, he handed me the gold NES Zelda...his own copy from when he was a kid. (Insert AWWWWWWWWW here.)
"You can buy everything, except love, friendship, and exp. points."

jobocan

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 12:16:30 pm »
Story: I don't wear yellow gold. So when Ronalopolis and I were dating, he gave me a white gold necklace for Valentine's one year. My birthday, two weeks later, he goes, "I got you silver for Valentine's, I wanted to get you gold." When I started to object, he handed me the gold NES Zelda...his own copy from when he was a kid. (Insert AWWWWWWWWW here.)

AWWW... that is so cheezy and awesome. Wouldn't work on most girls though :P

blipcs76

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 01:46:04 pm »
It would be hardest to part with my Double Donkey Kong arcade cabinet.

As for console games, it's hard to single out any games I'd never sell.  Hmmm.

scott

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 03:16:38 pm »
I can't think of anything that I would ever sell again. I sold my original NES and Saturn. While I eventually re-purchased both of them, there isn't the nostalgia connection there anymore. Since, well, they aren't "my" NES and Saturn. I've also sold off a few PS2 games that I now wish I hadn't. I've since swore off trading in and selling my gaming stuff (thus the reason why I have 800+ items).
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

tpugmire

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 04:13:38 pm »
Everything I own is for sale for the right price.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

jcalder8

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 10:10:26 pm »
There are a few but one is Gears of War since it is the first game that my wife bought me.

pacpix

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 11:02:03 pm »
I will never sell Donkey Kong Country 3 or any of my Zelda and Mario games.  DKC3 is my favorite game and Zelda and Mario are my favorite series to play. 
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

scott

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 11:06:05 pm »
I love the entire DKC series, beat the 1st one countless times and played the hell out of 3, it was sooo good.

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 03:21:54 am »
Even if I only had a backpack full of stuff to go live on the streets, I'm still bringing my boxed, childhood copy of Super Mario Bros. 3, as well as Sonic 1 and 2, Mega Man X, DKC 1 and 2, Space Harrier (32x) Final Fantasy VII and Lunar Silver Star Story. 

I'm gonna need a bigger backpack...

Oh also Mega Man 2 and 3... 

...Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur, Marvel vs. Capcom 2..

hexen

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 05:00:20 am »
As a general rule I'm never going to sell anything I have. The very few circumstances are if i really really need it financially, or someone offers me way more then it's worth for something I could easily re-acquire.

That's why I don't really see my collecting as an investment - the prices will go up, sure, but that only matters if I intended to sell.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

scott

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:23 am »
I figure that when I'm old and nearing the end of my life, I'll sell off my stuff myself. Rather than leave it to whatever family I have. That way I know its going to another collector or someone who wants it, rather than to a garage sale.

tpugmire

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 12:06:42 pm »
That's my plan as well, unless one of my grandkids or some other family member genuinely wants it all.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com