Author Topic: NES Backer Carts  (Read 10869 times)

Re: Strategy Guides and More!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2022, 04:24:18 pm »
"enhanced by playonline"

yea that was some bullshit if you ask me, half the info was online and it sucked

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2022, 05:18:56 pm »
"enhanced by playonline"

yea that was some bullshit if you ask me, half the info was online and it sucked
By the time I bought it playonline didn't exist anymore.

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2022, 05:51:19 pm »
"enhanced by playonline"

By the time I bought it playonline didn't exist anymore.
Oh shit thats even worse!!!

kashell

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2022, 09:03:22 am »
FFIX guide be like, "Hey. Want to know how to beat this boss? TOO BAD! We won't tell you. Go online."

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2022, 03:04:48 pm »
I actually do remember using the Play Online service for Final Fantasy IX - Horrid concept though and of course now we have GameFaqs :P

The problem with Strategy Guides in this era is that they don't consider DLC. I bought the Hardback Deluxe guide for Final Fantasy XV and now that the game has had a billion updates it's barely even the same game presented in the original guide - Heck later updates even let you control the other party memebers but in the OG version it was just Noctis!

i miss the tradition of buying Strategy Guides but they sadly don't seem to be such a worthy investment any more :(

... Would I buy the Final Fantasy XVI Strategy Guide fomr Piggyback... You damn right I would!  ;D

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2022, 08:05:56 pm »
I actually do remember using the Play Online service for Final Fantasy IX - Horrid concept though and of course now we have GameFaqs :P

The problem with Strategy Guides in this era is that they don't consider DLC. I bought the Hardback Deluxe guide for Final Fantasy XV and now that the game has had a billion updates it's barely even the same game presented in the original guide - Heck later updates even let you control the other party memebers but in the OG version it was just Noctis!

i miss the tradition of buying Strategy Guides but they sadly don't seem to be such a worthy investment any more :(

... Would I buy the Final Fantasy XVI Strategy Guide fomr Piggyback... You damn right I would!  ;D

I also miss the concept of buying a strategy guide with a game, especially RPGs. I used to love walking into babbages and picking up the game and guide... but you really dont need it any more, i just load everything up on my ipad and get to work. I had just been holding onto these for like nostalgia but i wasnt collecting guides. so i decided to just let them go.

pzeke

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2022, 06:45:35 pm »

[...]

SquareEnix's "PlayOnline" concept was terrible on all fronts, and I'm glad it failed miserably; it's a prime example of waste of time, money, and resources.

I also miss the concept of buying a strategy guide with a game, especially RPGs. I used to love walking into babbages and picking up the game and guide... but you really dont need it any more, i just load everything up on my ipad and get to work. I had just been holding onto these for like nostalgia but i wasnt collecting guides. so i decided to just let them go.

Same here. As sad as it may be, strategy guides are obsolete nowadays thanks to the Internet. That said, though, they still make for nice collectibles.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 06:47:36 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

Re: $5 Game Boy bin
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2023, 11:20:27 am »
updated listing.

Re: NES Backer Carts
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2023, 05:19:06 pm »
update bump

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2023, 10:38:31 pm »
I am glad someone is doing this, my is set to read if anybody knows what I mean by that

Yo Justin I did after all pass a networking admin course in the hospital in 2007 8)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 11:03:00 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2023, 09:44:13 am »
I am glad someone is doing this, my is set to read if anybody knows what I mean by that

Yo Justin I did after all pass a networking admin course in the hospital in 2007 8)

Huh?

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2023, 12:14:37 am »
If you need something Justin, just ask Jason, my real earth name is Justin as well.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"