Author Topic: How Much Hard Drive Space Do Digital PS1-PS2 or PS3 Games Take UP On PS4?  (Read 5742 times)

Correct me if I'm wrong about this

But can you still download digital versions of PlayStation 1 PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 games on any PlayStation 4 if you are a PS Plus Member? or something?

and how much harddrive to they take up a piece? from what I heard PS4 games can be as large as 50 Gigabytes or more and sometimes less than that.

PS1 games originality came out on CD and the average limit to a CD is 650mb-700mb megabytes of data, Mega Byte or slightly more depending on what game it was on PS1

most PS2 games came out on DVDs and the adverage limit of a DVD (Single-layer, 4.7 GB gigabyte) and DVD9 (Dual-layer, 8.5 gigabyte) supported.

so about 5 gigabyte on single layers games and about 9 gigabyte on duel layered game DVDs

I am just curious because the PS4 games are way too large to download on capped internet services especially :(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 04:46:30 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Correct me if I'm wrong about this

But can you still download digital versions of PlayStation 1 PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 games on any PlayStation 4 if you are a PS Plus Member? or something?

You don't need a PS Plus membership.  Anything available digitally on PS4 can be purchased.

and how much harddrive to they take up a piece? from what I heard PS4 games can be as large as 50 Gigabytes or more and sometimes less than that.

PS1 games originality came out on CD and the average limit to a CD is 650mb-700mb megabytes of data, Mega Byte or slightly more depending on what game it was on PS1

most PS2 games came out on DVDs and the adverage limit of a DVD (Single-layer, 4.7 GB gigabyte) and DVD9 (Dual-layer, 8.5 gigabyte) supported.

so about 5 gigabyte on single layers games and about 9 gigabyte on duel layered game DVDs

That's it.  Those are the average sizes.

PS4 is not backwards compatible. Some PS3 games are available via PlayStation Now and a few PS2 games are available on PS4 with added features such as trophy support. No original PlayStation games are available.