Author Topic: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)  (Read 59813 times)

Re: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)
« Reply #120 on: April 16, 2020, 08:03:47 am »
Meloni has already moved on to another show (an SVU-spin off returning as Stabler), so if it does come back it will be a while.

Yeah I saw that, they could still do it between that new show, but we'll see, I only just started Season 2, so I don't even know if it continues to be watchable.  I liked the talk I saw about this show, that their head cannon for Happy! was that this is just Stabler after hitting rock bottom lol

*EDIT*
And I finished Season 2 of Happy!.  I could see watching a third season if they brought it back, it's still got some pretty over the top action and absurdity going on and I like that they built both seasons around holidays, with the third one looking to be Halloween.  I thought this one dragged just a smidge at points, but it's still pretty ridiculous and weird.  It's got me in the mood to go watch Scott Pilgrim where you have this wacky world with stylized stuff going on, though I felt it was kind of a tad bit less of that this season.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 04:13:44 am by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2020, 08:15:30 am »
Yeah I felt like S2 wasn’t as focused as S1.  I still enjoyed it, but was fine with it kind of ending where it did.

The Act on Hulu.  I can see this series being a lot better if I didn’t already know the story of Dee Dee and Gypsy Rose Blanchard.  To avoid spoilers it is an absolutely insane true crime story.  The series plays a lot of this as shocking reveals, so I found myself twiddling my thumbs waiting for the next revelation.  Performances are all really strong, but it also ends really abruptly.  Definitely worth a watch if you are interested in true crime.

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2020, 09:09:01 pm »
McMillions was a decent enough documentary for 3-4 episodes, but stretching it out 6 made it a bit hard to stay engaged.

Criminal: UK was a tight little three episode show.  Great performances all around.

The entirety of BBC’s The Fall.  First season was great, second was really good, third was a dumpster fire.

The entirety of Sneaky Pete.  What a delight that show was.

Garth Merenghi’s Darkplace.  Deliciously bizarre.

The first season of Solar Opposites.  It's not quite Rick & Morty, but it is a fun time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:00:34 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2020, 11:15:28 pm »

Watched all the available episodes of the Harley Quinn show on DC's streaming service and it's great.  It reminds me a lot of like Venture Bros, it's raunchy, bloody, it's way more fun than anything they are doing with live action Harley.  Definitely looking forward to the rest of Season 2 and hopefully a Season 3.

At the same time, I've started watching Doom Patrol, only 3 episodes in, but I really like it.  I know absolutely nothing about Doom Patrol itself, but it's weird and interesting and it's R-rated, so it reminds me of something like The Boys in that regard, though it is abit of a slower series since a lot of the show is about the team dealing with their severe mental hangups.  I actually thought Doom Patrol might've been an X-Men take by DC, but funny enough I was wrong, in that Doom Patrol's first appearance is actually before the first appearance of X-Men, but it's literally months apart in the same year, but they definitely share a lot.

mark1982

« Reply #124 on: May 29, 2020, 04:25:04 am »
Punisher Season 2 on Netflix, bit late, still enjoying it after Season 1

l    l 

« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2020, 12:04:38 pm »
I've recently downloaded the Pluto TV app, which is like the best basic cable package you've never had.  Channels dedicated to Cold Case Files, Forensic Files, Glory Kickboxing, Nick Jr, Nick Regular, Yo! MTV Raps and so much more.

I've spent most of my time on the American Gladiators channel.  It's such a good show just to have on in the background as you go about your day.

I've also probably watched more Mystery Science Theater 3000 in the past 2 months than I have in the last decade.  It's been great.

« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2020, 01:29:01 pm »
I've recently downloaded the Pluto TV app, which is like the best basic cable package you've never had.  Channels dedicated to Cold Case Files, Forensic Files, Glory Kickboxing, Nick Jr, Nick Regular, Yo! MTV Raps and so much more.

I've spent most of my time on the American Gladiators channel.  It's such a good show just to have on in the background as you go about your day.

I've also probably watched more Mystery Science Theater 3000 in the past 2 months than I have in the last decade.  It's been great.

I love Pluto TV. There is almost always something good to watch on there. The only complaint I have is that the shows can get repetitive, normally they show the same 3 or 4 episodes of a show on repeat. I haven't watched it in a while though, so that may have changed. I must have seen the episode of Punk'd with Jason Bateman 1000 times.

« Reply #127 on: June 01, 2020, 07:54:36 am »
I love Pluto TV. There is almost always something good to watch on there. The only complaint I have is that the shows can get repetitive, normally they show the same 3 or 4 episodes of a show on repeat. I haven't watched it in a while though, so that may have changed. I must have seen the episode of Punk'd with Jason Bateman 1000 times.

I've not had that issue at all.  I suppose its possible that it is also dependent on what channel you are watching.  American Gladiators seems to be running through the entire series in order, and doing so should be giving it enough content for a  week and half before it circles around again.

« Reply #128 on: June 02, 2020, 05:00:54 am »
Invasion. Appears to be a tv take on the body snatchers, very mysterious, nothing sinister as yet like the other takes on it.

« Reply #129 on: June 02, 2020, 08:32:34 am »

Burning Love is a show I'm surprised I didn't know anything about.  It's a parody of The Bachelor and Bachelorette that has a ton of comedians and actors that I really enjoy.  Apparently it was one of Yahoo! Screen's earliest shows, which would explain why it flew under the radar.  It's blisteringly funny, but I can also understand why it didn't last too long.

The Outsider on HBO starts really strong, then kind of treads water before practically sprinting to the end.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 05:06:14 pm by Cartagia »

« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2020, 03:39:39 pm »
HBO Max got the latest (last?) season of Luther that I had really been wanting to check out, but since the GF hadn't seen the show at all we started from the beginning.  It's a bit more melodramatic and silly than I remembered.  It's a show that got lucky and has a super charismatic lead in Idris Elba.  Ruth Wilson is also pretty great, but maybe not in the show enough.  Worth a watch if you like pulpy cop shows, but it definitely isn't as serious or realistic as several others I have seen since it originally premiered.

« Reply #131 on: June 17, 2020, 03:24:41 pm »

I think some of the best DC stuff I've seen for awhile is basically Doom Patrol and the Harley Quinn cartoon. The movies mostly suck, the animated movies can be good, but are also all built on already established stories most of the time, but Doom Patrol in particular was a weird, but enjoyable time.  I swear it's script is just 60% of Cliff cussing like crazy, but it doesn't come across as bland or generic like most CW DC shows are like.  Not knowing anything about the Doom Patrol, it's much like Guardians of the Galaxy where I had no idea what I was getting, but I really enjoy all the characters.

I could see people not liking it, there's not much action, it's very character driven, these are all broken people and the whole season is them kinda coming to terms with who they are, but everyone is good in it, I love Alan Tudyk as Mr. Nobody (I thought at one point, that he would make for a fantastic Joker, but then I realized that in the Harley Quinn show, he's actually the Joker in it, so I was right, but it never clicked for me that he was playing Joker lol), it's just weird, funny, goofy, show and I can't wait for Season 2.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 03:26:36 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2020, 08:46:46 pm »

Tend to go to the movies around my birthday, half the time it's usually a Pixar film with their release schedule, but since theaters aren't really open and I wouldn't go to one anyways, had to pick something to watch tonight.  2005 King Kong was a bigger investment than I wanted (3 1/2 hours for the extended edition lol), so I went with Scott Pilgrim vs The World.  Haven't watched it in a few years and I still think this movie awesome.  It's an anime and video game come to life, it's an absolute blast.  The music, the style, the editing, the camera work, it's all so frantic, I love it and it sucks it didn't do well at the box office, because it's so fun.

*EDIT* Ack, just realized I put this in the wrong thread.  Oh well, they serve the same purpose lol
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 03:05:19 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #133 on: July 09, 2020, 04:41:25 pm »
Finished Bojack Horseman last week.  What a hilarious and also heartbreakingly realistic show - which very surprising considering all of the anthropomorphic animal people.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #134 on: July 09, 2020, 08:04:05 pm »
Bless this Mess and Stumptown are my new favorite shows at least untill the 2nd Season of Umbrella Academy comes out later this month.