Author Topic: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)  (Read 59794 times)

Re: What TV/Netflix show are you currently watching? (Megathread)
« Reply #330 on: August 29, 2022, 10:47:06 am »
Think I will watch Peaky Blinders I should have ages ago with the rave reviews it got

« Reply #331 on: August 29, 2022, 03:47:51 pm »
Think I will watch Peaky Blinders I should have ages ago with the rave reviews it got

It's a very decent show.  I think over the seasons there's stuff that drags abit and I almost fell off the show, but it's a pretty solid period crime drama.  It was kinda worth it just for Cillian Murphy as Thomas Shelby and when Tom Hardy would show up, mumbling his way through things as Alfie Solomons lol

telly

« Reply #332 on: August 29, 2022, 08:02:58 pm »

It's a very decent show.  I think over the seasons there's stuff that drags abit and I almost fell off the show, but it's a pretty solid period crime drama.  It was kinda worth it just for Cillian Murphy as Thomas Shelby and when Tom Hardy would show up, mumbling his way through things as Alfie Solomons lol

I just finished the last season about a month ago. I thought it was pretty good, I think my biggest complaint is it often has too many balls in the air with the storylines which leaves some of them/the characters feeling a little underdeveloped. It has phenomenal acting, filming, great costumes and set design, and a fantastic anachronistic score.

Season 1 - Fantastic, kicks off the series, really liked the main villain
Season 2 - Slight dip in quality but still entertaining especially the finale.
Season 3 - Pretty confusing and not very interesting. You need to know a lot of the political backstory that was going on at the time to really enjoy it.
Season 4 - Nice return to form with a great villain and a really great opening episode that gets you sucked right back in. Probably my second favorite season after the first
Season 5 - Really forgettable. Don't remember much about it.
Season 6 - Really rushed, unfinished, and not very well written, with a disappointing conclusion that screams "movie finale" just like Downtown Abbey. There are some factors that play into this final season not really panning out (some COVID related, some other things that I won't mention).

« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 08:07:14 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #333 on: August 29, 2022, 08:18:57 pm »
Station Eleven is a solid 7/10 mini-series about an apocalyptic flu and the tale of a band of survivors 20 years later.  The fall of society stuff is all great, but the main conflict of the "present" is pretty boring - though the characters and stuff is all fine.

« Reply #334 on: August 29, 2022, 09:18:30 pm »

I just finished the last season about a month ago. I thought it was pretty good, I think my biggest complaint is it often has too many balls in the air with the storylines which leaves some of them/the characters feeling a little underdeveloped. It has phenomenal acting, filming, great costumes and set design, and a fantastic anachronistic score.

Season 1 - Fantastic, kicks off the series, really liked the main villain
Season 2 - Slight dip in quality but still entertaining especially the finale.
Season 3 - Pretty confusing and not very interesting. You need to know a lot of the political backstory that was going on at the time to really enjoy it.
Season 4 - Nice return to form with a great villain and a really great opening episode that gets you sucked right back in. Probably my second favorite season after the first
Season 5 - Really forgettable. Don't remember much about it.
Season 6 - Really rushed, unfinished, and not very well written, with a disappointing conclusion that screams "movie finale" just like Downtown Abbey. There are some factors that play into this final season not really panning out (some COVID related, some other things that I won't mention).

Yeah that's about how I'd go with the seasons.  I think 3 is the worst for me, I kinda stopped around there for abit before returning to continue on as it really dragged and 6 is definitely the most problematic season for sure.  It's issues didn't make me hate it, but you can clearly see where things were added or changed and made for a wonky time.  If anything, all the actors deliver through the whole show, it's just unfortunate the writing couldn't be more consistent.

tripredacus

« Reply #335 on: August 30, 2022, 09:50:15 am »
I have been watching The Walking Dead series from the start. I only have 4 or 5 seasons on DVD and BD, and I will watch the ones I have but stream the seasons I hadn't seen before. I have 1 on BD, streamed 2 and 3 on DVD. I think I don't have Season 4 and thus have not seen it. And I am thinking that years ago I told people I didn't watch TWD when it was on TV because I had gotten it mixed up with a different zombie related show. Now I can't remember what that other show was called and am hoping that maybe there wasn't another show and what I am remembering is just in one of the seasons I haven't seen.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #336 on: August 30, 2022, 11:00:31 am »
I have been watching The Walking Dead series from the start. I only have 4 or 5 seasons on DVD and BD, and I will watch the ones I have but stream the seasons I hadn't seen before. I have 1 on BD, streamed 2 and 3 on DVD. I think I don't have Season 4 and thus have not seen it. And I am thinking that years ago I told people I didn't watch TWD when it was on TV because I had gotten it mixed up with a different zombie related show. Now I can't remember what that other show was called and am hoping that maybe there wasn't another show and what I am remembering is just in one of the seasons I haven't seen.

Great show for the first few seasons. But it overstays it's welcome. Main characters start leaving the series, stories start to feel a bit repetitive. I didn't make it to the end. But don't get me wrong, here, it is really good while it's good.

tripredacus

« Reply #337 on: August 30, 2022, 12:21:21 pm »
I've seen past the season when Rick left the series to live in junkyard world. I think the most recent I saw was the one where Negan was living with the group but as a prisoner.

I know they always said Rick would come back to be in a movie, but as time goes on there doesn't seem like a movie is happening.

jipsy

« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2022, 10:29:42 pm »
Watching The Sandman on Netflix right now, it's really good I recommend to everyone (that's an adult at least)
Jipsy

« Reply #339 on: September 03, 2022, 08:36:30 am »
I watched Old Enough over the past few days, and while it is fun, I just didn't seem to find it as engaging as I thought it would be.  Except for this one kid where everything seemed to go wrong.  That was incredible television.

Season 4 of Wellington Paranormal is just as delightful as the first three.  Wasn't as big a fan as I thought I would be,but I'll miss it now that it is over.

What We Do in the Shadows made some changes for the better in season 4 - mostly a big change to Colin Robinson, that makes him feel fresh again.  One of the most consistently funny shows on TV.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2022, 09:50:48 pm by Cartagia »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #340 on: September 13, 2022, 11:54:16 am »
I'm halfway through the new season of Cobra Kai...I hope it gets better. I love the show, but this season has been pretty blah. I think they're starting to run thin on ideas.

« Reply #341 on: September 15, 2022, 06:46:51 pm »
Harley Quinn season 3 is some of the best comic related media released in the last couple of years.  Terrific takes on multiple DC characters, although 3 seasons of this Clayface is wearing thin.  A terrific Batman story wedged in here.

« Reply #342 on: September 16, 2022, 12:43:38 am »
Harley Quinn season 3 is some of the best comic related media released in the last couple of years.  Terrific takes on multiple DC characters, although 3 seasons of this Clayface is wearing thin.  A terrific Batman story wedged in here.

I started season 1 and couldn't make it through.  Does it improve significantly? or is the show just not for me?

« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2022, 09:19:09 am »

I started season 1 and couldn't make it through.  Does it improve significantly? or is the show just not for me?

Sounds like it's just not for you.  The tone, irreverence, and violence remain roughly the same throughout.  I do think there's a pretty big step-up after the Pilot, just because it has Pilot syndrome, but otherwise it is the same show it was in the first season for the most.  Maybe a bit more serious in some aspects now.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2022, 07:06:57 pm »
I'm halfway through the new season of Cobra Kai...I hope it gets better. I love the show, but this season has been pretty blah. I think they're starting to run thin on ideas.

Finished the season today. It did get better, but still was the weakest season, yet. And the return of Kreese tease for season 6 really hammers down my point about them running out of ideas.