Author Topic: Nintendo Direct 9/4/2019  (Read 2697 times)

Nintendo Direct 9/4/2019
« on: September 04, 2019, 07:33:10 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNgmufIGhEg

A somewhat lowkey direct, but had some good stuff.

The Smash stuff was great and it's funny how excited I get for a game that I really don't play much lol Banjo-Kazooie is out today and I'm jumping back in just for that.  Terry Bogard was confirmed with a great trailer playing to its roots for a November release.  Also in the Smash Demo after the Direct, they confirmed a Sans from Undertale costume that looks just like Sans and a new Megalovania arrangement by Toby Fox (Who is also doing the music for that Town game, which is the only thing that interests me in it).

Later on was the expected SNES games reveal and it looks cool.  I'm way more excited to play SNES games than I was NES games, so there's stuff I actually want now.  Might even grab the SNES controller.

And the only other notable reveal for me was Xenoblade Chronicles getting remastered/remade as they are using brand new models to make the game actually look good compared to the kinda rough state it was in.  I actually tried to play the 3DS version of the game, but it's really bad lol

That was all for me, but it was nice.  All this did was suddenly overload me with stuff to play this week as I'm going through Astral Chain, I'm playing Monster Hunter World tonight with the new armor they are adding so I can try to beat Behemoth, there's like 20 SNES games coming out tomorrow, and MHW: Iceborne is out on Friday.  And for others, they are updating the Tetris 99, there's a new Daemon x Machina demo, and there was some other stuff dropping this week to I think.

*EDIT*
Banjo-Kazooie is great, they are that all around quality character where they have good mobility, some range, and good hard strikes while not being particularly complicated.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 09:04:14 pm by kamikazekeeg »

Re: Nintendo Direct 9/4/2019
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:14:08 pm »
Not much for me.

Animal Crossing was pretty much a recap of their Treehouse stream.

SNES games finally. Nice addition. Hopefully no unannounced priced increase. Hopefully the DKC trilogy is added down the line.

I liked Cramorant and it's ability Gulp Missile in Pokémon Shield.

azure

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 01:44:05 am »
Deadly Premonition 2 and Xenoblade Definitive edition makes Azure a happy boi.

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 02:54:58 am »
They finally got around to that Xenoblade Chronicles Remaster... so looks like 'll be buying a Switch again... Seriously, this game alone is worth it, the best JRPG I've played since Final Fantasy X! Luckily I still have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Which I didn't get on with, it was TOO animey), MarioKart 8 Deluxe & The Xenoblade 2 Pro Controller

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 10:04:41 am »
I find myself getting more annoyed with the Wii U conversions at this point. How many exclusives are left at this point? I got it at first, the Switch was more popular than they expected & conversions were a great way to keep people invested since the Wii U was such a flop... but at this point there's plenty of good stuff for switch, and the conversions are feeling like a lazy cash grab, & a way to insult anyone who DID get a Wii U- "we're going to port away literally every system exclusive, just to make it clear how dumb it was for you to support our company during this time! Thanks for being stupid!"

Yes, I'm getting salty about it at this point.

telly

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 10:49:11 am »
In my opinion the only two games left on the Wii U that are worth owning and haven't been ported or replaced by a game on the Switch are Pikmin 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X. Maybe throw 3D world in there too.

At least for me I'm still happy to have one since it will also serve as my dedicated Wii.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:50:50 am by telly »
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 11:35:09 am »
I would absolutely include 3D World on that list.  Better game than Odyssey, IMO

telly

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2019, 11:49:16 am »
I enjoyed it, played with 2 other friends at the time. Didn't capture me that much
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2019, 03:37:06 pm »
It's a good thing to see the Wii U exclusives get a second life on an actually popular console.  I loved the Wii U, but it was a bomb and there's no good reason to let those games fade away on it.  I'm sure we'll see just about everything brought over eventually to the Switch.

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2019, 03:38:48 pm »
I mostly watched it for the new Smash character rumor and the possibility of them showing off the Pokemon Sword/Shield starter evolutions. Here are my thoughts and what I enjoyed.

Terry is Smash is really cool! He has never been one of my goto characters in any SNK fighting game he's been in, but having SNK characters join Smash opens up a ton of amazing prospects for new characters that may end up joining. His reveal trailer was hilarious too and I laughed very hard at it.

The Pokemon portion actually ended up being my least favorite part of the direct. First off one of the two new pokemon they revealed looks stupid as hell. I really wish Nintendo would drop the whole inanimate objects as Pokemon gimmick; they're almost invariably dumb. And the other Pokemon was okay. I'm sure there will be at least one more official Pokemon news dump where I'll get to see the starter evolutions, but that the direct did little to get me more hyped for the next game.

I've never been a big Animal Crossing fan so the 5-minutes they devoted to that made my eyes glaze over. I'm however happy for everyone else that does care about this franchise that they got a lot of news on this.

Regarding the other announcements, the ones that stood out the most are Doom 64 on the Switch which is just amazing! Other than that I wasn't that too excited about much else they announced in the way of ports and new games on the Switch...except one.

I was one of those crazy people that went insane when they brought Xenoblade Chronicles (as well as Pandora's Tower and The Last Story) to the US. I began playing it right after it came out, but sadly never finished it due to a lot going on in my life around the time I reached the last 10% of the game. But the other 90% of the game was the best new JRPG I'd played in probably a decade. It's an incredible game, and it's been my goal to complete it eventually. When they announced the Definitive Edition on the Switch I lost my mind all over again! I am so, SO excited about this game coming out next year and it will absolutely be a day one purchase!

Overall this was an above average Direct; I feel like I'm left feeling wanting and am disappointed at the end of most of them. There were some disappointing parts about this Direct, but overall it was one of the better ones I've watched. Making me happy to be a Switch owner :)

aliensstudios

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2019, 07:26:38 pm »
I find myself getting more annoyed with the Wii U conversions at this point. How many exclusives are left at this point? I got it at first, the Switch was more popular than they expected & conversions were a great way to keep people invested since the Wii U was such a flop... but at this point there's plenty of good stuff for switch, and the conversions are feeling like a lazy cash grab, & a way to insult anyone who DID get a Wii U- "we're going to port away literally every system exclusive, just to make it clear how dumb it was for you to support our company during this time! Thanks for being stupid!"

Agreed. As someone who owns nearly 100 Wii U games, it'd be nice to get some games on the Switch that aren't just ports of old games. Seriously, probably 4 out every 5 games of the system's library is available on another system whether it be Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, PS4, Xbox One, etc.

It's weird how people are begging for ports rather than new games, but that's where we are in this day in age. Most of the ports are outrageously priced too which is why I'm not too big on the Switch like I was on the Wii U.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

mark1982

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2019, 10:08:32 am »
Deadly Premonition 2 and Xenoblade Definitive edition makes Azure a happy boi.

Francis York Morgan agrees with a creepy smile ;D also glad Deadly Premonitions Origins is getting a physical release

End it with another creepy smile for good measure. My coffee warned me about it.
  l    l 

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2019, 10:11:33 am »
Lots of JRPG crap and low effort ports. Not that much interesting stuff from my point of view sadly. I'm still waiting for Alien Isolation, Contra, Metroid and the BotW successor.

I crapped my pants a little when they showed the Fatal Fury content and was awaiting physical releases of Neo Geo games - but no, just another DLC for a turd game...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 10:14:37 am by blurks »

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2019, 11:38:42 am »

Agreed. As someone who owns nearly 100 Wii U games, it'd be nice to get some games on the Switch that aren't just ports of old games. Seriously, probably 4 out every 5 games of the system's library is available on another system whether it be Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS, PS4, Xbox One, etc.

It's weird how people are begging for ports rather than new games, but that's where we are in this day in age. Most of the ports are outrageously priced too which is why I'm not too big on the Switch like I was on the Wii U.

The price is my big sticking point with the ports.  I’m all for a little bit of a Nintendo premium, if it means I can play the games on the go.  But double (or MORE) the current market price of the Wii U version?  Get out of town.  Looking at you Skyrim.

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2019, 01:02:12 pm »

The price is my big sticking point with the ports.  I’m all for a little bit of a Nintendo premium, if it means I can play the games on the go.  But double (or MORE) the current market price of the Wii U version?  Get out of town.  Looking at you Skyrim.
Pretty much all Nintendo switch ports are overpriced. I've yet to play a single port that was better for having been on the console. Aside from being portable, why is everyone so hyped for a system roughly as powerful as a PS3? Even ports of two generation old games aren't really enhanced much aside from the novelty of now being available on a Nintendo console for 30 to 40 bucks more than the current going rate for the game.

Are people seriously excited for a port of Doom 64 on the Switch? That game wasn't even good on the Nintendo 64. That's why I'll just stick to getting NEW games for the Switch, like Luigi's Mansion 3 and TLoZ: Link's Awakening (which is still a remake of an 8 dollar Game Boy game for 60 bucks...)
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."