Author Topic: Mandela Effect (Proof of alternate dimensions?) Do you have any instances?  (Read 7476 times)

Hello everyone :)

Have you ever been in a room where everyone is discussing something and you hear a mistruth told.  And you know it's wrong because you've known your whole life that it happened a different way.   Only to find out you remembered it wrong?   A logo, an event,  a date.  Being skewed from what you vividly remember it being?   

This is normal.  Humans forget things all the time and make up memories as we go to fill the void.   But it only get's wierd when you realize that hundreds of thousands if not millions of others remember the event the same way you do but only about half remember it the opposite way.    Leading many conspiracy theorists to believe that their are alternate universes that we unknowingly alternate between.   And some slight variances occur.   

Here are some of the Mandella effect moments I have had.  :) 

The Mandela Effect,  Mandela Effect lol

The Mandela effect is named after famous civil rights activist, revolutionary Nelson Mandela.  Who was imprisoned for conspiring to overthrow the state of his government. 

The Mandela effect was noticed when millions of people remember being vividly taught that Nelson Mandela died in prison in the 1980s  Some heard 1990s.   But the oddness becomes apprent when they all learned that Nelson Mandela died much later, as a free man.   Not even that long ago in the year of 2013 at 95 years old. 

This one I find to be the most odd to me.   Because it is the only one I am 100 percent of my memory on.   The others I remember it one way but I could have saw wrong or something.   But this one.  I vividly,  100 percent remember the exact day I was taught it.   It was 7th grade.  I was in middle school.   The teacher had books that we opened and we were reading about Nelson Mandela.   I was specifically told that he died in prison in the 1980s.   I remember is so vividly.  As do millions of others. 

But it turns out it was all a lie. 

Some chalk it up to the famous theory of persuasion.   Where the majority will suggest something and even if it's wrong, others will follow suit because they don't want to feel out of place with their memory.  But I don't believe so.  I was never told outside of that classroom anything about Nelson Mandela.  And I remember the book.   The illustrations.  The headlines.  It even showed a picture of a news article claiming he died. 

It's pretty strange. 

The Chic-Fil-A  Mandela effect

This one is another convincing one for me because it's so much more recent.  Chic-Fil-A came to my area only fairly recent and it was always spelt Chic-Fil-A.   I always typed it that way.  The sign always said it.  The bag, the wrappers.   It was always Chic-Fil-A in my mind.   Than one day I was going down the rabbit hole of Mandela effect stuff.  Turns out it was always CHICK-FIL-A.   

How?  How could my mind be falsifiable so recent. 

And I only want to add just for the record.  That I have a thing called photographic memory.  I can remember vivid details about things that happens when I was a new born, and I can play them back in my mind and remember colors and details of what was said.  I remember my car ride home form the hospital after birth.  I remember the song that was playing.  So it's odd that the memories could become so skewed.  I vividly remember the K being left out. 

Tailless Curious George Mandela Effect

This was the one that drove me over the edge.  No way.   I remember him even hanging off of trees with his tail.  He used to hang off the man with the yellow coat's arms with the tail.   It was in picture books.  I used to color coloring books with his tail.   I just know it was part of something bigger.   Why wouldn't he have a tail? 

He looks naked without the tail.  He looks wrong.  And now I can never have tailed George back :(

Some of the others that I didn't get effect by include

Pikachu has a black tip of his tail. 

Might be because of how much we all play video games.  But I never remember pikachu having black on his tail.  Only pichu.   

Monopoly man had no Monicle. 

I don't remember him having one either.  But some people do.  It's one of the larger instances of this :)

The Hitler super wepon

One of these instances is only personal to me and I was hoping i could find others that remember seeing this online.  Maybe I did and maybe it was removed.  Or maybe it was all a odd mismemory.   But I really remember it.

It was this documentary about the darkest secrets of WW2.  And it was a story about this super weapon made by Hitler that was never found after the end of WW2.  Supposidly it killed 80 percent of the scientists that worked on it.   It was like this saucer type of thing that could levitate off of the ground and emit pulses of energy that could boil blood.   They tested it on deers and rabbits and it would kill them dead.  It would boil blood and shut down the entire central nervous system of anything in it's path.   It could harnass lightning and change the weather.   It was some evil weaponry of hell.   But it was never uncovered.   Some people think they are hiding it at area 51.

Perhaps it was a creepypasta.  But I just can never find it again.   Was it a bad memory?   

What Mandela effects have you encountered.   Do you believe in alternate dimensions or do you think it's just some error of human communication? 

Thank you for sharing :)

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:13:03 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

If you're talking about this thing, it's the Avro VZ-9. It was built by Canadian Aerospace designer Avro under contract from the United States Air Force in 1958. The project was cancelled in 1961 with only 2 prototypes manufactured.

Flashback2012

The Curious George one is easy because he's an chimpanzee/ape (no tail) and not a monkey (tails).

The only one for me is the Berenstein/Berenstain Bears. Growing up, it was always pronounced Bear-en-STEEN and not Bear-en-STANE.  :P

Warmsignal

I call it the "oh, I didn't pay close enough attention" effect. The human mind is designed to kind of fill in the blanks of things that we don't really pay full attention to. After a while, we just assume those blanks are the reality. Like when you listen to a song for years, singing along to it and then look up the lyrics one day and you were totally wrong. You just didn't do your homework, you let the details get filled in without paying attention.

I call it the "oh, I didn't pay close enough attention" effect. The human mind is designed to kind of fill in the blanks of things that we don't really pay full attention to. After a while, we just assume those blanks are the reality. Like when you listen to a song for years, singing along to it and then look up the lyrics one day and you were totally wrong. You just didn't do your homework, you let the details get filled in without paying attention.

This.  Our brains are weird and its easy to fool them.  These types of things usually have more boring answers than far-fetched fantasies like alternate realities.

tripredacus

If you're talking about this thing, it's the Avro VZ-9. It was built by Canadian Aerospace designer Avro under contract from the United States Air Force in 1958. The project was cancelled in 1961 with only 2 prototypes manufactured.

He's talking about Die Glocke. Whether it was a legit black project or merely propaganda, it is certainly *not* a Mandela Effect.

He's talking about Die Glocke. Whether it was a legit black project or merely propaganda, it is certainly *not* a Mandela Effect.

OMG!  You found it.   Thank you.   I been looking everywhere but could never remember a name.   Now I can study it more. 

yes I had a few, I just consider it a brain fart, just like I thought I saw a truck commercial of the Ford F150 playing the like a rock song from Bob Seger, but it turns out it was actually Chevy truck commercial, someone stated on a forum to me later.

There is no need to panic because if evil people were fully in control of this world, say it was the matrix but it's not. all to most people would be tormented,  day and night and the world would be even more hellish. Think about it. And sometimes a spirit can play with our minds.

therefore the governments don't control everything God does.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 07:59:47 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ferraroso

For me, the craziest thing related to this "Mandela Effect" is the name of the phenomenon itself.
Since I first heard about it, I've always felt that someone must be really alienated and unaware of world politcs and history not to know that Mandela was the president of South Africa through most of the 1990's...

dashv

PRO Supporter

For me, I distinctly remember the Nintendo PlayStation competing head to head with the Atari Jaguar and the Jaguar completely kicking it’s ass while the Turbo Express and Lynx dished out a heavy defeat to the Game Boy.

Nintendid what Genesis didn’t.

Mr. Dream had to be replaced by Mike Tyson in Punch Out.

Star Fox 2 was released for Super NES and met with tepid reviews.

Also, I was dating Tiffany Amber Theissen.

Then one day I ran a stop sign and woke up in the hospital in this dumpster fire of a universe.

Been trying to get back to mine ever since.

tripredacus

Re: Mandela Effect (Proof of alternate dimensions?) Do you have any instances?
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2019, 10:01:02 am »
For me, the craziest thing related to this "Mandela Effect" is the name of the phenomenon itself.
Since I first heard about it, I've always felt that someone must be really alienated and unaware of world politcs and history not to know that Mandela was the president of South Africa through most of the 1990's...

Most people also do not know that Nelson Mandela was a terrorist and serial bomber.

pzeke

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2019, 10:06:18 pm »
I can say with utmost sincerity that I have never experienced any of this. I do believe in parallel universes, though, as far-fetched as it may sound. I remember as a kid, whenever I went out with my father and by the end he would take me back home, he would usually take a detour and I always had this inkling that somehow he had taken me to a different home with a woman that looked like my mother, but wasn’t – she even smelled and felt different to me somehow. It’s weird and awesome how far-out there our minds can be when we’re kids.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2020, 04:31:10 pm »
This doesn't explain the new E.T. movie genre problem. E.T. was a horror movie and this information was displayed right on the posters, where it said genre: horror, and this isn't something I'm "remembering", you know, like, quote unquote. Church people used to talk about how parents brought their kids to see this movie without being aware it was a horror movie because they didn't bother to read the info on the poster and just went rushing out after seeing the trailers. In this timeline the movie was NEVER a horror movie or ever listed as such and no media suggesting otherwise with the exception of this post you're reading ever existed now. The genre information previously on the movie posters was now never there and the movie is listed online under the genres children's, family, scifi, and action drama. The genre E.T. was listed under by Spielberg himself WAS horror. But now what you will find is information about how Spieberg originally conceived E.T. as a horror movie but then changed his mind and went in a different direction. Here's a youtube vlog post offering some further insight into this one, on the off chance anyone is interested, that includes detail about another alleged E.T. Mandela effect that some have observed involving what part of Eliot E.T. touches with his finger at the end of the film while saying "I'll be right here" (heart or forehead?)

https://youtu.be/1fy50gPAsBk

« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 04:37:01 pm by adrianhazelcraft »

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2020, 07:08:08 pm »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2020, 07:16:46 pm »
This doesn't explain the new E.T. movie genre problem. E.T. was a horror movie and this information was displayed right on the posters, where it said genre: horror, and this isn't something I'm "remembering", you know, like, quote unquote. Church people used to talk about how parents brought their kids to see this movie without being aware it was a horror movie because they didn't bother to read the info on the poster and just went rushing out after seeing the trailers. In this timeline the movie was NEVER a horror movie or ever listed as such and no media suggesting otherwise with the exception of this post you're reading ever existed now. The genre information previously on the movie posters was now never there and the movie is listed online under the genres children's, family, scifi, and action drama. The genre E.T. was listed under by Spielberg himself WAS horror. But now what you will find is information about how Spieberg originally conceived E.T. as a horror movie but then changed his mind and went in a different direction. Here's a youtube vlog post offering some further insight into this one, on the off chance anyone is interested, that includes detail about another alleged E.T. Mandela effect that some have observed involving what part of Eliot E.T. touches with his finger at the end of the film while saying "I'll be right here" (heart or forehead?)

https://youtu.be/1fy50gPAsBk

I never seen the movie ET but if I remember correctly but I think?

I remember somewhat about the ET movie beings sold as a horror movie too. probably because someone was misled, I don't remember how the E.T movie played, other than  what I heard. Being about an alien from outer space visiting planet Earth or crash landing, and wanting to get back to his home among the stars, maybe, it was because people thought back then that aliens were evil beings, and also back then the various governments of mostly every single country were keeping their mouth shut about real Extra Terrestrials'.

Also I remember a movie scene from the move called Paul, another movie about an alien visitor and one person saw Paul (the alien visitor) and panicked and shouted Demon! Demon.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"