Author Topic: Game prices ranting thread 2019  (Read 2048 times)

kashell

Re: Game prices ranting thread 2019
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2019, 11:15:03 am »
Very true. If I weren't a maniac, then $20 would be a reasonable price if I were picking up a game every now and then. But I'm a maniac, and I've always thought that I have pick everything that appeals to me all at once, or in rapid succession. I need to get it now, so I that I always have it later before I have to pay even more for it. So I'm used the the routine of picking up games quite frequently. At that rate for me $20 just isn't sustainable, it breaks the bank. Like spending $40 on five games that I wanted? That's okay. Spending $120 at once on those same ones? Nah, I can't justify that.

It's my own fault for wanting to approach this in the same manner that I did in 2009. $20 does go a long way if you're not a maniac like me.

Haha. I would recommend saving your money for a bit, playing all of your new toys, and then getting back into it when you've had enough. Easier said than done, I'm sure.

pzeke

Re: Game prices ranting thread 2019
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 11:59:25 am »
Personally, I’m a penny-pincher, so my limit for any common or uncommon game is between $5 to $10. I only go higher than that if it’s a rare game that I truly want and will try out, and even then I try to get it as cheap as possible. Thankfully patience is my forte, and it helps me save money.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!