Author Topic: You guys know of proper methods for storing your game consoles?  (Read 4032 times)

Re: You guys know of proper methods for storing your game consoles?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2019, 06:53:57 pm »
Entertainment centers, Plastic tubs, if you put them in the bacement or under the stairs. Or, any unused space in the house.

As for the attic? only if you have a solid wood surface and never in-between the rafters  my family has a wooden cabin and we store all kinds of heavy stuff in the attic. the addic should be the best choice but that is my opinion

(edit) if the attic is your choice, be careful I fell from an attic in my apartment before onto the floor. Take one console at a time I don't want you to drop any. or  for you to  fall from the attic like I did before.

Larry Bundy Jr. a United Kingdom based YouTuber made a video of him losing most of his entire collection while storing them in boxes and bags in his garden shed in his back yard, I think it is a bad idea myself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAUDJQCryIU
« Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 07:10:51 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2019, 05:49:41 am »
Entertainment centers, Plastic tubs, if you put them in the bacement or under the stairs. Or, any unused space in the house.

As for the attic? only if you have a solid wood surface and never in-between the rafters  my family has a wooden cabin and we store all kinds of heavy stuff in the attic. the addic should be the best choice but that is my opinion

(edit) if the attic is your choice, be careful I fell from an attic in my apartment before onto the floor. Take one console at a time I don't want you to drop any. or  for you to  fall from the attic like I did before.

Larry Bundy Jr. a United Kingdom based YouTuber made a video of him losing most of his entire collection while storing them in boxes and bags in his garden shed in his back yard, I think it is a bad idea myself

that's the UK one of the countries with the most rain no matter what time of year. that's just asking for trouble. in just a few weeks thanks to a leak. than again rain is pretty common in the UK so yea the damage ain't to suprising.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 08:53:35 am »

That is a painful video to watch.

BUT- it does illustrate something important. What did he put his stuff in the shed into? Nothing. Garbage bags & stacked loose boxes. If he'd had plastic tubs to put his things in, they certainly would have fared better.

Just goes to show the importance of accounting for moisture- even if it didn't leak, I imagine simple condensation from being someplace humid would have damaged all the paper goods. Ever see a yard sale sign left posted overnight? Just the morning dew will make the ink run. Being in the pacific northwest, I'd NEVER use an outbuilding for storing electronics. I'd be way too paranoid about moisture.

ffxik

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 11:36:20 pm »
I have a thread on here of some consoles that I had stored out in a shed kinda willy nilly.  It's not pretty, I do not recommend at all.