Author Topic: Bye Xbox Scarlet, Hello Xbox Series X (Xbox Official World Reveal) DISCUSSION  (Read 4908 times)

Omg,  OMG!!.    The time is upon us yet again.  Gather towns folk.  For the beast has awaken.  To breathe it's ash infused fire dust onto us.  As it completely shatters our asses,  by kicking them royally.  By being the standard of technological advancement.   The culmination of 2 world wars.  The next level of everything modern man can achieve.  The pinnacle of our existence.  The reason we live.    I'm fan girling hard.  :)

The VG Awards have been so damn lit.   :D

Here is the official launch trailer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tUqIHwHDEc

Xbox struggled this year with exclusives.  But Xbox is already coming out this generation swinging.   Hellblade 2,  Ori and the Will of the Wisps,  Forza 8,   Halo.    Just heavy after heavy.   And it's time for the great equalizer to go blow to blow with the sony giant yet again.   This is two galaxies colliding.  This is Ali/Frazier.   This is the crusades.  This is the best thing to ever happen on earth.

This is going to be the best generation in gaming history.  One we will tell our childrens children.  One we will have carved into our epitath.   This is what dreams are made of.  This is the manifestation of artistry.   This is everything and nothing at all.   It's the expansion of a universe collapsing into a white dwarf sun getting sucked by a black hole.  Never to be topped,  never to be bested.   The true greatest decade of human life will be upon us.   Maybe we learn to share it's glory as it comes only once a lifetime. 

Whos as excited as I am?  Anyone going day one?   I will set up my tent 10 days prior and use a wifi hot spot to watch memes unti launch. 

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 10:23:12 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

No interest in Xbox at all, especially with a PC, but I like the systems design.  It's actually something that has been around for PC cases for awhile now and makes a lot of sense if they are trying to push for power and performance, but wanting to keep it from being a big PC design.  Though I could see some console fans not liking the more bulkier look. 

As for the name, it's not great, but it'll make more sense due to them having multiple system types I think, so there will be one uber version, then the regular version, and then the regular version without a disk reader for purely digital downloads.

If Xbox is pushing for something like this, I'm curious what direction PS5 will take, if they'll stick with a more traditional console layout, or they'll also be pushing for what is essentially something closer to that of a PC.

Possibly the worst named console. Ever.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)

I think that'll forever be taken by the Wii and Wii U lol

How is it worst than Xbox One?  That name is crippling levels of confusing.  Because it's hard to differentiate it from Xbox Orignal.  Which was Xbox One.    But Xbox Series X sounds so damn sexy.  Sounds like velvet.  Warm whipped cream.  Cherries.   And pure power.    It's like all 50 shades of grey in one.   

I'm just too excited for this gen :).    This is magical.   

I found out about this on Facebook while I was out about about this evening, and I literally didn't know if it was a new, more powerful XBONE console or its successor for like 10-minutes, and neither did most other people. This thing is probably going to be just as unremarkable as the XBONE, especially if they're banking on the same old franchises to sell this thing. I honestly hope I'm wrong, and they have a ton of exclusives throughout next gen, but as is I have literally no excitement for this thing.

ferraroso

Scorpio > Xbox One X
Project Natal > Kinect
Revolution > Wii
Dolphin > GameCube
Mars > 32X
Ultra 64 > Nintendo 64
Morpheus > PlayStation VR
Xenon > Xbox 360

How come the names given to the prototype video game consoles ALWAYS end up being much, much, MUCH better than what the companies end up naming their retail versions?

1. Love the system design.  Finally something different than what we've been seeing since the PS2/XBOX era.
2. It has an optical drive, so far so good. 
3. Not entirely sold on the name, but, who cares it is just a name.
4. It'll likely be backwards compatible with the XBOX One (and hopefully XBOX 360).
5. As long as it has physical game discs and it is at LEAST backwards compatible with the XBOX One I'll likely buy whatever the most expensive version is going to be.

Too bad they didn't learn from Nintendo's Switch and make a portable XBOX.  I think it would be revolutionary if they did, but I get why they don't do it. 

Scorpio > Xbox One X
Project Natal > Kinect
Revolution > Wii
Dolphin > GameCube
Mars > 32X
Ultra 64 > Nintendo 64
Xenon > Xbox 360

How come the names given to the prototype video game consoles ALWAYS end up being much, much, MUCH better than what the companies end up naming their retail versions?

^ This.

I found out about this on Facebook while I was out about about this evening, and I literally didn't know if it was a new, more powerful XBONE console or its successor for like 10-minutes, and neither did most other people. This thing is probably going to be just as unremarkable as the XBONE, especially if they're banking on the same old franchises to sell this thing. I honestly hope I'm wrong, and they have a ton of exclusives throughout next gen, but as is I have literally no excitement for this thing.

Id say this is a pretty biased assumption to come to this early in the game. With not much to go on it's hard to just say it'll be underwhelming. I haven't had similar experiences on my facebook feed.  I see rave and love for it and many celebrating some of the announcements.   

Hellblade 2 and an Ori have also been announced as exclusives.   Big hitters for an early announcement.   I think that's strong so far.   Not to mention Halo Infinite.  And Forza 8.   And what appears to be some sort of Sea of Thieves expansion or sequel.   

I guess it's too early on to tell,  but I can currently see Xbox undoing so much of their wrongs from last gen.   The only reason Xbox fell behind in sales.  Is because the general public made a consensus about it and Microsoft did nothing to undo it or fix it early on.   Regarding digital only or kinect being forced in mostly.

Similar thing happened last week with sony fans saying Xbox would be digital only. And it would be a steam console.   And microsoft handled that like a boss this time around,  by showing a clear and visible disc drive.    They kept the style simple.  And have already locked down a few good exclusives to drive sales.   They didn't make a rant or have Phil Spencer apologize.  they just let the console speak for itself.  and it's working so far. 

I think they'll really utilize their niche.  which is software and programming.   Not to make a family all in one console like last time.   But to make a console that is by and far better than anything else.   And I have faith in them this time more than ever :)

Scorpio > Xbox One X
Project Natal > Kinect
Revolution > Wii
Dolphin > GameCube
Mars > 32X
Ultra 64 > Nintendo 64
Xenon > Xbox 360

I agree :).   It is pretty odd.  Prototype names always sound sleak and cutting edge.  And then the final launch item always has something boring or just confusing.     Except for a few of them.   Dolphin never made sense to me.  I actually like gamecube much better.   But Scarlet was a beautiful name for Xbox :D.   

Too bad they didn't learn from Nintendo's Switch and make a portable XBOX.  I think it would be revolutionary if they did, but I get why they don't do it. 

There's no way a portable Xbox would realistically work.  The Switch has shown it's not a very capable system, as much as I think it's a snazzy piece of hardware, but when the push for both Sony and Microsoft is graphical power, you can't do that portable.

Gotta say I was not expecting the next console to be a monolith.

But Xbox Series X sounds so damn sexy.

People are already shortening it to the Xbox SeX.

What a garbage name. It’s not coming for a year and Xbox is already on the backfoot again with shitty marketing.

mark1982

Looks a lot like a PC tower.
  l    l 

sworddude

but aren't all modern day consoles not just pc these days?
Your Stylish Sword Master!