Author Topic: Bye Xbox Scarlet, Hello Xbox Series X (Xbox Official World Reveal) DISCUSSION  (Read 4907 times)

It don't look vary appealing in fact most PC towers look a lot better, I wounder why they didn't make it more pretty other then a rectangle with a hole. I guess they ran out of ideas on appearance? ???,

I'm sure some youtuber is going to comment on how this thing looks, and they might compare it to the PlayStation 2 phat models.

The exterior design is not much to look at so far, they should at least make this thing light up (add lights), maybe a clear and lit console might be in the future of this thing ???

It looks like a subwoofer :P

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

So can this thing go on it’s side to fit under a TV stand?

Surely it does or that’d be a massive design oversight.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 07:34:04 am by seether »

telly

Xbox Series X is a total mouthful if you ask me  :o
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

I want to grill some chicken and veggies on top of that bad boy.

Surely it does or that’d be a massive design oversight.

Yes, it can.

ferraroso

I was wondering "where did I see this design before?"

Yes, it can.

Even if put sideways, I doesn't seem like it would fit under my TV rack (the PS3 barely does).
I guess they are expecting people to place it in the middle of their living room's coffee table like some do with Alexa.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:24:03 am by ferraroso »

It'll be compared to anything that's rectangular apparently.  I've seen it compared to a paper shredder.  It's just not there imo.  Yes Paper shredders have a slot,  and they are also rectangular.   Outside of that.  Not an ounce of similarity.   Fridges have doors.  This has no doors.  What fridge has a giant slot going down the side for discs?  Im not sure.   The memes have been cold thus far. 

Tbh,  this type of troll reputation has plagued PS for a long time.  It completely crumbled the last Xbox,  and the Wii U.    I just hope their users don't get too cocky in the lead.  Let's not forget what happened to Sega.  :)     Can't outspend to win forever.   

It'll be compared to anything that's rectangular apparently.  I've seen it compared to a paper shredder.  It's just not there imo.  Yes Paper shredders have a slot,  and they are also rectangular.   Outside of that.  Not an ounce of similarity.   Fridges have doors.  This has no doors.  What fridge has a giant slot going down the side for discs?  Im not sure.   The memes have been cold thus far. 

Tbh,  this type of troll reputation has plagued PS for a long time.  It completely crumbled the last Xbox,  and the Wii U.    I just hope their users don't get too cocky in the lead.  Let's not forget what happened to Sega.  :)     Can't outspend to win forever.

Well we can't judge a book by its cover, so maybe this thing will be awesome, and maybe it will look better when it's released.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

There's only place for one console in my living room and that's already been taken by the Switch.  Sorry Microsoft. Also not that much interested in the Xbox game library.

Like so many others - the name is a terrible choice.  It's not quite as bad as Wii - > Wii U but the last upgrade that game out was the X-Box One X.  That's definitely going to be confusing for your average person, and some kids are definitely getting a One X for Christmas next year because of it.

I do love the extent of the Backwards Compatibility, but just like most other generations, unless something catches my eye at launch I'll be holding off.

Possibly the worst named console. Ever.

I think that'll forever be taken by the Wii and Wii U lol

No, this is definitely worse. As I said over on Atariage: You've got the Xbox One, which isn't the first Xbox, comes in S & X, but not Series X, that's a different Xbox than the Xbox One, which is a different Xbox than the first Xbox... no wonder the 360 sold the best, it's the only one where everybody knows which one you mean!

I imagine people will just call this one the 'Series X'... not sure if encouraging the market to ignore your brand game is good, but it seems to work fine for other consoles- the hard part is gonna be not confusing customers at the buying stage. I saw a poor mom trying to buy an Xbox over Black Friday- no idea what variant she should be getting. At least she knew the hard drive size she wanted, so I'm sure they got her sorted. Unlike the other mom sent to get Switch exclusives for PlayStation.

I imagine they'll be at least a few lil' Billys who ask for Xbox & get PlayStation next Christmas becuase their parents can at least parse the naming rhetoric.

Neutral on the shape- basically I just want dimensions so I can figure out where the heck I can squeeze it into my bloated entertainment center.

However, none of that is the important part, which is: Hellblade 2 looks cool & is a major point in Xbox's favor for early adoption on my part.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 07:36:19 am by hoshichiri »

Possibly the worst named console. Ever.

I think that'll forever be taken by the Wii and Wii U lol

No, this is definitely worse. As I said over on Atariage: You've got the Xbox One, which isn't the first Xbox, comes in S & X, but not Series X, that's a different Xbox than the Xbox One, which is a different Xbox than the first Xbox... no wonder the 360 sold the best, it's the only one where everybody knows which one you mean!

Neutral on the shape- basically I just want dimensions so I can figure out where the heck I can squeeze it into my bloated entertainment center.

I imagine people will just call this one the 'Series X'... not sure if encouraging the market to ignore your brand game is good, but it seems to work fine for other consoles- the hard part is gonna be not confusing customers at the buying stage. I saw a poor mom trying to buy an Xbox over Black Friday- no idea what variant she should be getting. At least she knew the hard drive size she wanted, so I'm sure they got her sorted.

Series X may possibly be worse in terms of naming confusion, but Wii U is just an all around worse name.  "Wii" was a  tough sell, but Wii U is just infinitely more mockable.

My first thought when I saw the name at The Game Awards was.. people will refer to this as Xbox SeX.

Like so many others - the name is a terrible choice.  It's not quite as bad as Wii - > Wii U but the last upgrade that game out was the X-Box One X.  That's definitely going to be confusing for your average person, and some kids are definitely getting a One X for Christmas next year because of it.

I do love the extent of the Backwards Compatibility, but just like most other generations, unless something catches my eye at launch I'll be holding off.

I think the confusion thing is being heavily exaggerated.   I won't deny it's not a great name.  I definitely agree.  But it's certainly not similar enough to cause mass pandemic or lose sales.   As someone who worked retail for quite some time, and even during the whole Wii U debacle.    Which was when I was working at target.   Even the most confused, and oblivious Grandpa can usually navigate even the worst of blunders just by asking or holding a flyer and pointing.   

Most parents who are confused say "I need the new nintendo"  or "My son wants the new Xbox"  almost always since New and desirable is about all they know about it.  Most actually forget the name early on and keep looking at the flyers  ;D.    Usually us workers know exactly what they mean and help navigate.  As we are instructed to by our managers.    Also sign placement and ads do their wonders.  I've seen parents navigate off just look alone.   By seeing the big cardboard adverts and saying "their it is".    It does have a unique tower look that helps with that.   

I really think the naming gets way too much blame for both Xbox One's and Wii U's failing.  I think it breaks down to simple as Wii U had a very bad 3rd party support, and horrible gimmicks that weren't recieved well.  Xbox One had a very bad first party support. (More so Xbox dropped the ball extremely by pushing digital only media in a age when people weren't even remotely ready for the idea and people ran to PS4 which was already confirmed to be physical).  Switch corrected their problem this gen with incredible diversity, some odd 3rd party games, LRG came on board and they ported a lot.  The price was affordable and BOTW was simply a must have.  Hence why Switch sold like cheese in wisconsin lol.   If Xbox fixes their issue with some MUST HAVE exclusives.  I'm talking minecraft or bioshock or something special.   They will do the same.   It's all about content.  And power.   The name and even design takes a back seat.   

Warmsignal

Another uninspired hunk of plastic with confused branding. Yet, the masses will buy it. You know is well, Crayon munching overlords. You know us well.