Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021  (Read 67063 times)

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021
« Reply #450 on: January 23, 2021, 02:50:30 pm »
Not sure if it can be fixed without uploading new pictures but I noticed that the front and back covers for Legend of Zelda, The: Link's Awakening Original Soundtrack were reversed

https://vgcollect.com/item/178145

« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 10:41:00 am by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #451 on: January 25, 2021, 10:40:48 am »
The first reject was because of the trade symbol. I dont know if I saw the second one but that box text looks fine. I have added it to the entry.

I attempted to edit the box text for Fallout: New Vegas for PS3, and my edit was rejected. There is no box text present now, but what I believe happened was that there was already text present, which I edited to add additional text from the back of the box, however there was a trade symbol in the original text that I didn't notice until I had already submitted it. I then resubmitted it without the trade symbol present.

The first rejection reason was Incorrect Formatting, which was to be expected due to the trade symbol. The second edit was rejected as Action Not Allowed. I suspect that is a result of the double-edit, but I wanted to verify before I resubmitted the text, in case there was an error in my submission.

The text that I submitted last can be seen below:
Welcome to Vegas.  New Vegas.
As you battle your way across the heat-blasted Mojave Wastelands to the neon drenched Vegas Strip, you'll be introduced to a colorful cast of characters, factions, special weapons, mutated creatures and much more.  Choose sides in the upcoming war or declare "winner takes all" in this follow-up to the 2008 videogame of the year, Fallout 3.

Enjoy Your Stay.
• Feel the Heat in New Vegas!  Experience the Great Southwest as could only be imagined in Fallout.
• Up the Ante!  New features, weapons, factions and foes await you in Sin City.
• Let it Ride!  In a huge, open world you can explore, choose sides, or go it alone.  Peacemaker or Hard Case, House Rules, or the Wild Card - it's all in how you play the game.

#1 Most Wanted Game of 2010
- IGN

IGN BEST GAME OF E3 2010 WINNER

dhaabi

« Reply #452 on: January 27, 2021, 11:25:19 am »
Empty

Linux - Hardware [NA]
An entry for an operating system?

Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom - Nintendo Switch [EU]
No [EU] release.

Seasons of Heaven - Nintendo Switch [EU]
No release, digital or physical.

Sony PlayStation Vita PCH-1108 - PS Vita Disney Mega Pack - PlayStation Vita Hardware
Cart/Disc/Media art showcases [AU] voucher.

Super Mario 3 - Game & Watch
I don't think this released as a Game & Watch title.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:11:09 pm by tripredacus »

tripredacus

« Reply #453 on: January 27, 2021, 12:16:30 pm »
Sony PlayStation Vita PCH-1108 - PS Vita Disney Mega Pack - PlayStation Vita Hardware

The media art looks to be original, so we can blame mastafafik for converting an entry and thus, making it a frankenstein.  :(

I cannot find one online (I only looked on Ebay AU) so I have removed the unconfirmed information and the front art.

dhaabi

« Reply #454 on: January 28, 2021, 01:51:15 pm »

The media art looks to be original, so we can blame mastafafik for converting an entry and thus, making it a frankenstein.  :(

When I had originally visited this entry, I had replaced the front artwork which I can vouch for but cannot confirm also having a [RU] front cover, which seems to also have been original to the entry. I haven't had any luck in identifying an [AU] release either. However, I have come across online deals that bundle miscellaneous Vita items together to sell—perhaps this is one of those instances.

Also, I haven't found any evidence to there being other [AU] Mega Pack releases, but the PlayStation blog entries I've found for some bundles only mention that the digital vouchers and not the physical bundles are available for Australia, but perhaps the Disney bundle was an outlier for some reason?

tripredacus

« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2021, 11:27:55 am »

When I had originally visited this entry, I had replaced the front artwork which I can vouch for but cannot confirm also having a [RU] front cover, which seems to also have been original to the entry. I haven't had any luck in identifying an [AU] release either. However, I have come across online deals that bundle miscellaneous Vita items together to sell—perhaps this is one of those instances.

Also, I haven't found any evidence to there being other [AU] Mega Pack releases, but the PlayStation blog entries I've found for some bundles only mention that the digital vouchers and not the physical bundles are available for Australia, but perhaps the Disney bundle was an outlier for some reason?

OK that is one drawback is that we cannot actually see what was original, only what can be seen on the edit tab. If you can confirm a Russian release, we can change it to RU and remove the cart art. By this I mean no stock photo for front, and at least an EAN.

dhaabi

« Reply #456 on: January 29, 2021, 12:40:42 pm »
OK that is one drawback is that we cannot actually see what was original, only what can be seen on the edit tab. If you can confirm a Russian release, we can change it to RU and remove the cart art. By this I mean no stock photo for front, and at least an EAN.

I've found two sources that confirm a Russian release. However, even with the two different unboxing videos I was even able to find in addition to the images, no one seems to document the EAN or even show the bottom side of the packaging where the barcode is located.

Although I did find the likely scenario as to perhaps why the original entry creator for some reason added the conflicting images. Great related image result.

tripredacus

« Reply #457 on: February 01, 2021, 10:21:59 am »

I've found two sources that confirm a Russian release. However, even with the two different unboxing videos I was even able to find in addition to the images, no one seems to document the EAN or even show the bottom side of the packaging where the barcode is located.

Although I did find the likely scenario as to perhaps why the original entry creator for some reason added the conflicting images. Great related image result.

OK back to Russian release. At lease we can know that one exists.

« Reply #458 on: February 02, 2021, 03:58:54 pm »
HSV Adventure Racing for the N64 is currently categorised as Nintendo 64 [EU], while it should be Nintendo 64 [AU], as it was an Australia-only release.

https://vgcollect.com/item/54180

EDIT: For some reason I didn't think to submit the edit to the item directly, as I just assumed a platform change would require admin intervention. I've submitted the change request normally now.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 04:00:55 pm by grandta13 »

tripredacus

« Reply #459 on: February 03, 2021, 10:15:41 am »
HSV Adventure Racing for the N64 is currently categorised as Nintendo 64 [EU], while it should be Nintendo 64 [AU], as it was an Australia-only release.

https://vgcollect.com/item/54180

EDIT: For some reason I didn't think to submit the edit to the item directly, as I just assumed a platform change would require admin intervention. I've submitted the change request normally now.

It really depends. If the item is obviously in the wrong category, then an edit would be enough. This one is, item number original to entry, clearly is AU release. Most of the time, category changes do get rejected but it is usually due to users trying to convert entries.

« Reply #460 on: February 03, 2021, 11:32:09 am »
I submitted a series of edits to "High Frequency Video Game System Cleaning Kit", some of which were rejected.

item_number
Old Value:  SKN 358967
New Value: HF. 014
Rejection Reason: Action Not Allowed.
Edit Reason: Item number on spine is different, as seen here:

Old Value:

New Value:

Rejection Reason: Incorrect Box Art.
Edit Reason: Old image was photo of crumpled cover. New image was higher-quality scan.

image_back
Old Value:

New Value:

Edit Reason: Old image was photo of crumpled cover. New image was higher-quality scan.

cart_art
Old Value:

New Value:

Edit Reason: Old image did not include all contents. Image on back cover also confirms this. New photo included all contents photographed on a white background.

EDIT: I also tried to remove the Publisher, as according to current guidelines that field should be blank for hardware and accessories. However, either the change did not submit, or the change request has not been reviewed yet.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 11:36:07 am by grandta13 »

tripredacus

« Reply #461 on: February 03, 2021, 12:07:54 pm »
Rejected due to item conversion. Your item has two things that the existing entry does not:
1. Starburst label with "Now cleans Super Nintendo"
2. Patent text on back in black ink

Make a new entry and use (Now Cleans Super Nintendo) descriptor.

I also tried to remove the Publisher, as according to current guidelines that field should be blank for hardware and accessories. However, either the change did not submit, or the change request has not been reviewed yet.

It is a bug with the site. Can't set zero publisher at this time. In future, just make sure to not set it for hardware or accessories.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2021, 12:11:12 pm by tripredacus »

« Reply #462 on: February 03, 2021, 12:55:18 pm »
Rejected due to item conversion. Your item has two things that the existing entry does not:
1. Starburst label with "Now cleans Super Nintendo"
2. Patent text on back in black ink

Make a new entry and use (Now Cleans Super Nintendo) descriptor.

That's fair; somehow I didn't notice that the original didn't have the starburst sticker. Though I would still propose updating the item number. The item number can be seen to be the same from the existing photos.