Author Topic: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021  (Read 67495 times)

Re: Error Listings and rejected edits 2021
« Reply #210 on: July 20, 2020, 07:01:33 pm »
This game only exists in Longbox and already has a listing, this jewel case listing for PS1 [NA] is fake,

https://vgcollect.com/item/6402

The real listing is here,

https://vgcollect.com/item/61299

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:22:19 am by tripredacus »
PSX LEGACY

A Physical Chronicle of games for posterity.

« Reply #211 on: July 20, 2020, 07:30:17 pm »
There are two version of Hitman HD Trilogy on PS3 [NA]. The Picture for the Premium has been incorrectly placed on the standard entry, and the standard cover art is different.

Standard

https://vgcollect.com/item/40416

Premium (comes with a slipcover and artbook)

https://vgcollect.com/item/172017
PSX LEGACY

A Physical Chronicle of games for posterity.

aliensstudios

« Reply #212 on: July 20, 2020, 10:14:00 pm »
There are two version of Hitman HD Trilogy on PS3 [NA]. The Picture for the Premium has been incorrectly placed on the standard entry, and the standard cover art is different.

Standard

https://vgcollect.com/item/40416

Premium (comes with a slipcover and artbook)

https://vgcollect.com/item/172017
Editing entries is a thing.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

pzeke

« Reply #213 on: July 21, 2020, 05:12:47 pm »
« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 10:43:39 pm by aliensstudios »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #214 on: July 21, 2020, 08:42:41 pm »
A few edits I made were rejected, specifically to the Reserve Editions released by Special Reserve Games. I changed the names of them all to "[name of game] - Reserve Edition" so that it would be uniform. The rejection reason was that the formatting was incorrect but as far as I can tell from reading the style guide that's the way they should be named. Am I missing something?

These are the relevant games: Minit, The Messenger, Hotline Miami Collection, GRIS, Enter the Gungeon, Downwell, and My Friend Pedro

Unrelated to the above, I also tried to change the name of LotRO: Mithril Edition to "Lord of the Rings Online, The: Mithril Edition" but this was rejected. The current name puts "Online" after the colon when the base game is called "The Lord of the Rings Online" and the package is called "Mithril Edition".

Thanks!

tripredacus

« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2020, 09:26:32 am »
A few edits I made were rejected, specifically to the Reserve Editions released by Special Reserve Games. I changed the names of them all to "[name of game] - Reserve Edition" so that it would be uniform. The rejection reason was that the formatting was incorrect but as far as I can tell from reading the style guide that's the way they should be named. Am I missing something?

These are the relevant games: Minit, The Messenger, Hotline Miami Collection, GRIS, Enter the Gungeon, Downwell, and My Friend Pedro

Unrelated to the above, I also tried to change the name of LotRO: Mithril Edition to "Lord of the Rings Online, The: Mithril Edition" but this was rejected. The current name puts "Online" after the colon when the base game is called "The Lord of the Rings Online" and the package is called "Mithril Edition".

Thanks!

For the Special Reserve games, if "Reserve Edition" isn't printed on the packaging, it cannot be put into item title and only into description. I looked at a couple of those examples and didn't see this wording present. Maybe I missed it, if you can point out where this term is present, we can change the names.

LOTR: Edition formatting requires hyphen.

« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2020, 01:45:13 am »

Thanks!

For the Special Reserve games, if "Reserve Edition" isn't printed on the packaging, it cannot be put into item title and only into description. I looked at a couple of those examples and didn't see this wording present. Maybe I missed it, if you can point out where this term is present, we can change the names.

LOTR: Edition formatting requires hyphen.

For the SRG titles, the packaging just has the name of the game, I was getting "Reserve Edition" from the website product pages. So all of the releases should just be the name of the game? I'll submit edits to reflect that then, as many of them have assorted things tacked onto the end.

For LotRO, I don't understand, where does the hyphen go? The style guide says "Expansion packs: The title of expansion packs should follow the main title and be separated by a colon." The main title is "The Lord of the Rings Online" and the expansion pack is "Mithril Edition" so shouldn't it be "Lord of the Rings Online, The: Mithril Edition"? If you're saying that the title of the base game is "The Lord of the Rings: Online", it isn't, there's no colon on any packaging or online materials, it is always referred to as "The Lord of the Rings Online". See their website, the Steam page, and the Wikipedia article.

Also, my edit to My Friend Pedro to add a rating of ESRB - M was rejected for being incorrect, but I am holding the game and it says ESRB - M on it so I'm not sure how this could be incorrect.

Thanks!

« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2020, 05:30:13 am »
LotR is an edition of the game that comes with an expansion, so it should be "Lord of the Rings Online, The - Mithril Edition".  The colon is for a named expansion, not just if it includes one.  You'll see the same thing with Goty editions that include expansions.

tripredacus

« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2020, 10:15:36 am »
1. For the SRG titles, the packaging just has the name of the game, I was getting "Reserve Edition" from the website product pages. So all of the releases should just be the name of the game? I'll submit edits to reflect that then, as many of them have assorted things tacked onto the end.

2. Also, my edit to My Friend Pedro to add a rating of ESRB - M was rejected for being incorrect, but I am holding the game and it says ESRB - M on it so I'm not sure how this could be incorrect.

1. Item names should be reflective of the actual item. We cannot require people to know what an item is called on some website in order to identify what they have. This might not make sense currently for those items, but when thinking in general, if you were to buy an item from a store, get something in a trade or buy at garage sale, etc, you would have no idea that an item might have been sold on a website under a specific name at some point in the past. So, our titles should be done in a way that you can tell by holding the item in hand, which entry is correct.

For names, yes/no. Names should be unique per category, so if there are multiple releases a descriptor is required. Currently there are 3 entries for My Friend Pedro in Switch [NA] and they have no descriptors. Descriptors need to be added to each to clarify them.

2. For the rating on the linked entry, I verified on Ebay that the game does NOT have a rating on the packaging. There is a rating on the game case inside of the box, and that can be put into description. The entry for that boxed version should not have a rating on the entry.

« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2020, 11:11:59 am »
Can anyone tell me why Pitfall II is called "David Crane's Pittfall II: Lost Caverns"?

The box says lists the name -- but the common name is just Pitfall II. (It may be listed with or without the subtitle.)

tripredacus

« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2020, 11:26:14 am »
Name wasn't adjusted to meet the common name ruling.
For the C64 US release, the title should be Pitfall II: Lost Caverns and the full title can be put into alt-name.

« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2020, 01:44:24 pm »
LotR is an edition of the game that comes with an expansion, so it should be "Lord of the Rings Online, The - Mithril Edition".  The colon is for a named expansion, not just if it includes one.  You'll see the same thing with Goty editions that include expansions.

I see, thank you!

1. Item names should be reflective of the actual item. We cannot require people to know what an item is called on some website in order to identify what they have. This might not make sense currently for those items, but when thinking in general, if you were to buy an item from a store, get something in a trade or buy at garage sale, etc, you would have no idea that an item might have been sold on a website under a specific name at some point in the past. So, our titles should be done in a way that you can tell by holding the item in hand, which entry is correct.

For names, yes/no. Names should be unique per category, so if there are multiple releases a descriptor is required. Currently there are 3 entries for My Friend Pedro in Switch [NA] and they have no descriptors. Descriptors need to be added to each to clarify them.

2. For the rating on the linked entry, I verified on Ebay that the game does NOT have a rating on the packaging. There is a rating on the game case inside of the box, and that can be put into description. The entry for that boxed version should not have a rating on the entry.

Alright, I think I understand. If they need to have a descriptor though, why not just use "Reserve Edition" to make it uniform?

tripredacus

« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2020, 10:38:43 am »
Alright, I think I understand. If they need to have a descriptor though, why not just use "Reserve Edition" to make it uniform?

Already stated as to why.

« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2020, 11:27:01 pm »

Already stated as to why.

What I mean is, if there has to be a descriptor, why not use the one that is commonly used for the release, even if it's not on the packaging? Some of these say "Special Reserve Edition" or "Collector's Edition" in the title, and one just said "(black cover)". It seems to me that, seeing as these all go together as being the same type of release by the same publisher, that if they need a descriptor they might as well all use the same one, so which would be most appropriate?

tripredacus

« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2020, 10:26:45 am »
The descriptor is a physical thing, not an in general thing. If a descriptor is needed, something relating to the physical item, either the box or the media, can be used.

Edition names work the same way. If the physical item (ie the box) has an edition name, it can be in the title. If it doesn't, then it can't be in the title. It can be put into description instead.

The data should be presented in such a way that the user is not required to know everything about the item. A user should be able to look at the item they have in hand and be able to tell which item to add to their collection without additional research. Using a descriptor or Edition name that is not physically present on the item does not help towards this goal. If they click into the entry, the description can provide additional details, and then the "trivia" portion that the item was sold online using a specific marketing term.