Author Topic: Game that Never Released that You Wish Had?  (Read 4439 times)

kashell

Re: Game that Never Released that You Wish Had?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 09:09:41 am »
Mega Man Legends 3.

pzeke

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2020, 09:56:27 am »
Star Wars 1313.  I bet it was even better than Fallen Order.

Boba Fett is painfully overrated, but I'm sure it would've been one heck of a game, though.

Scalebound is the only game I can think of that was cancelled.

So I guess that one but I wasn’t really bothered about playing it.

I sure as heck was! Scalebound was my planned reason to pick up an Xbox One. I had money saved up, I just waiting for it to come out to make sure that stupid shoehorned multiplayer didn't screw things up too much- but I guess it did, since they canned it.

Since I'm never up-to-date with anything related to Xbox, I learned about Scalebound when it was announced that it was getting canned; I think it was an Angry Joe video if memory serves. The game looked promising, I liked what I saw, but just one game wouldn't have been enough for me to get an Xbox One, what with their lack of exclusive and all. But again, the game did look promising.

I was a bit sad when I learned about Fortress, the cancelled sequel to Final Fantasy 12, becuase it was set to star Basch, who is one of my all-time favorites (I have jokingly referred to him as 'my husbando' in the past). But considering it never got officially announced or even past the concept stages, it's hard to be too upset.

This is news to me! I did some quick Googling and I liked the direction the game was taking. I very much liked FFXII, so I would've certainly been all over this.

Mega Man Legends 3.

I wanted that, and Universe as well.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

tripredacus

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2020, 10:36:30 am »
The original Prey.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2020, 12:51:53 pm »
-Scalebound
-Phantom Dust reboot
-Dead Phoenix (cancelled Gamecube exclusive developed by Capcom)

Not cancelled but region locked that i want to mention
-Fatal Frame 4

dhaabi

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2020, 03:26:22 pm »

Most notably, the cancellation of Silent Hills was a huge disappointment and its controversy seems to have successfully killed the series. Project Rap Rabbit is another missed opportunity, for sure. A new rhythm game from the mastermind who pioneered the genre with Parappa the Rapper partnering with the creator of cult classic Gitaroo Man? I was a day one Kickstarter backer based on that alone.

ferraroso

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2020, 05:41:27 pm »
Silent Hills...

Warmsignal

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2020, 03:11:43 am »
Sonic X-treme. There's an infinite amount of parallel universes and I got stuck in the one where SEGA actually did the freaking unthinkable. I'm not suggesting it would have been the greatest game ever, but who knows? It's probably the most epic of fails in the history of cancelled games. At least we don't live in the universe where Super Mario 64 was cancelled.

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2020, 09:13:16 am »
Since I'm never up-to-date with anything related to Xbox, I learned about Scalebound when it was announced that it was getting canned; I think it was an Angry Joe video if memory serves. The game looked promising, I liked what I saw, but just one game wouldn't have been enough for me to get an Xbox One, what with their lack of exclusive and all. But again, the game did look promising.

In my defense, there were other games (or I wouldn't have picked up an XB1 later for any price), but Scalebound was the reason for pushing to get it over the Switch. I'm still a mite salty over that one- I actually kept the preorder link active in my Amazon wishlist for the next several months, until Amazon themselves deleted the listing.

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2020, 12:42:03 pm »
Scalebound is the only game I can think of that was cancelled.

So I guess that one but I wasn’t really bothered about playing it.

I was a bit sad when I learned about Fortress, the cancelled sequel to Final Fantasy 12, becuase it was set to star Basch, who is one of my all-time favorites (I have jokingly referred to him as 'my husbando' in the past). But considering it never got officially announced or even past the concept stages, it's hard to be too upset.
Right, right, jokingly.

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2020, 01:43:08 pm »
Half-Life on the Dreamcast! It would've been amazing!!

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 11:02:07 pm »
Right, right, jokingly.

Well of course- I got me a proper flesh & blood one. He's even a blonde too. (And yes, he's got his own 'waifu'- Kos-mos from Xenosaga :p)

tripredacus

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2020, 09:31:34 am »
Hang Up Los Angeles

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2020, 01:44:41 am »
I remain eternally curious about Echo Delta for the DD. I wish it had been released, even willing to trade one of the Mario Artist releases for it. My suspicion is that the game would be very basic by modern standards and only a curiosity, but still. Something about it really sticks out to me. Single unit(?) RTS where you play as a submarine underwater. As I said, its a shame we didn't get it.

pzeke

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2020, 11:15:36 am »
Echo Delta [...]

It seemed like an interesting game, and quite frankly seems like one I would've played. It's a shame the game got cancelled near its completion because, while just one game, the N64 could've used all the games it could back then.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2020, 12:47:58 pm »