Author Topic: Do you like Fortnite? Do you want to play?  (Read 2463 times)

Do you like Fortnite? Do you want to play?
« on: January 07, 2020, 03:17:37 am »
Hello Everyone!  :D

I know Fortnite is a very controversial game.  Mostly due to it's overwhelming popularity.   But I don't think these forums will be toxic like the others are about it or fight.  All in and all everyone has tastes and we can appreciate the negatives or positives people have about it.  :) 

I just wanted to ask everyone's opinion of it. Good or bad.    And see if anyone would like to play with me or play it in general in their free time.   Has anyone considered it?  Is it not for you?

My fortnite exposure and opinions were limited up until New Years.  I of course knew it was a mega phenomenon but I had tried it two or 3 times and hated it.   It just seemed so hard.  I didn't get it.   Having to outlast 100 people who were clearly way better than me didn't seem fun.   I'd say that was where most of my negative thoughts of it were coming from.  Just not knowing what I was doing and having experience players whoop me before I even land.    So I wrote off royale games and didn't play it for a year or two.

But then my Nephew who is 8 came over and wanted to play fortnite with me.  So I made an account and played CO-OP on two seperate TVs.    Then by the time he left.  I was so hooked on it I can't stop playing it.   It's just utterly brilliant!   

The nature of the loot boxes, is fun.   You drop into a world where it's just you or a few other teamates.  And you just adventure.  no main goal, objective or anything other than to survive.  And be the last person around.  You build forts.  you loot weapons.  mine for materials.  and get ready as teams.  while avoiding a storm.  The point of the storm being to shrink until all players come closer to eventually declare a winner.

Thiers nothing quite more exillerating than hearing the footsteps of the enemy walking up the stairs while you are opening a loot crate.    Drawing your epic shotgun and hoping you can eliminate him fast.   

I have currently gotten 2 #1 Royales against non bot players.  One in solos and one in squads.   

It's a really fun game.  and best of all it's free.  it's not pay to play like I thought it was.  you can pay for skins and neat stuff. but in reality.  none of it matters.

Thanks for sharing.

The game is amazing!   I'm so happy I gave it a 4th chance.   I think a lot of it is needing someone to show you how to play.    Kinda how I was with minecraft.  I didn't get it for so long until I got it.  once I got it.  It was like being reborn into a new found fun.  :D

Re: Do you like Fortnite? Do you want to play?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 03:31:56 am »
I like Fortnite but don't play it much.

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 04:09:47 am »
Never liked the game that much.  I'm fine with the gameplay of it, the arcade shooter action, it's the building part of the game that drives me nuts, because I found that matters more than whether you are actually a good shot.  If the game didn't have that, I probably would casually play it.  Not that I'd play it a lot, I generally prefer games with better gunplay, PUBG, Blackout in CoD, or even Firestorm in Battlefield V for the short time people actually played it.

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 09:39:25 am »
Haven't played it- strictly multiplayer games aren't really my thing. I've been amused, and a tiny bit disappointed, watching the game evolve though.

The first time I ever saw Fortnite was on the PAX West showfloor- specifically, the 6th level, where the indie stuff tends to end up. It was a simple black fabric & chainlink affair, enclosing a space where a lucky winner would get a chance to whack on a piñata. There was a monitor on the side running a sizzle reel of this intriguing looking single player game that combined crafting, tower defense, and run n' gun gameplay (for lack of better descriptors). I was interested. A few months later, they released a multiplayer battle royale side thing modeled after PUBG. By the next PAX they'd taken over the annex building & a nearby parking lot celebrating the viral success of said battle royale, and the single player game I'd seen the year before was all but forgotten.

I'm glad for the developers that they had such amazing success, but part of me wishes that the indie game I saw that first time stayed the focus, instead of a tacked-on remnant of what once was.

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2020, 04:17:58 pm »
It has never really appealed to me, nor has any Battle Royal game. I'm generally not a fan of online gaming, which is probably Fortnite's biggest draw for most.

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 04:31:13 pm »
No, I'm over the age of 7

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 02:52:07 am »
I have actually recently started playing Fortnite because it now features one of the most unter utilised mechinics in the industry these days - CO-OP!

You can sit at home with a buddy using the Splitscreen option & also compete online, so few games do this but when a game does it becomes SO much more appealing! I'm  really hoping APEX takes note of this as I did prefer the gameplay of that one - Still don't likethe buolding mechanics of Fortnite just feels out of place for me.

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 02:55:08 am »
I have actually recently started playing Fortnite because it now features one of the most unter utilised mechinics in the industry these days - CO-OP!

You can sit at home with a buddy using the Splitscreen option & also compete online, so few games do this but when a game does it becomes SO much more appealing! I'm  really hoping APEX takes note of this as I did prefer the gameplay of that one - Still don't likethe buolding mechanics of Fortnite just feels out of place for me.

Oh didn't know Fortnite had couch co-op, that's pretty cool actually.  I also like Apex a lot more too, but for me, I stopped playing because it was nothing but co-op, no singles feature lol

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2020, 10:55:07 am »
My kid loves it. I really dig that you can’t buy guns or upgrades. You just buy cosmetic stuff with real money. No pay to win here.

The Boy digs it and it’s free to play. It doesn’t get much better.

It was ok in my opinion, but I don’t love playing games online.

pzeke

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2020, 10:47:00 am »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 07:01:44 am »
At first thought that fortnite is a really crazy game... Like so many things to do and its so fast. But now I'm really enjoying it, especially if you are playing with someone and not alone :) Got a couple of accs there, so you can really understand that I'm enjoying it :D So due to having so mane accounts I sometimes ask for these guys help lfcarry.com/fortnite. They offer some nice fortnite boost (and other games too btw) and can help with some advice on you gameplay. They are literally the best

telekill

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 08:15:39 am »
I tried a match and didn't find it fun. That's about as nice a comment as I can make for it.

It's not that the game isn't what I like or that it has loot boxes or that it feels geared towards a younger audience. I don't like the game or want to support it at all because it got so popular so quick that Epic decided to can the rest of their projects, which included the upcoming Unreal Tournament... a favorite FPS of mine. When a company becomes so focused on a single project that all others suffer or are disregarded, then that one project doesn't deserve the attention it gets and I won't support it.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2022, 07:29:07 pm »
Fortnite is so good. I've played since the beginning but it really clicked for me with the start of Chapter 3. I play it every day.

I wish it clicked with me when the character Kit was in the battle pass. I want him so bad but they don't sell battle pass skins yet.