Author Topic: What is the rarest game you own?  (Read 3399 times)

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:57:35 pm by spyrofanx »

aliensstudios

Re: What is the rarest game you own?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 09:02:32 pm »
Depends how you define rare. The "rarest" I own is Saturday Morning RPG, which supposedly only had 1,980 copies printed. The most expensive I own is Shantae for the Game Boy Color.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 10:20:26 pm »
Probably Magic Knight Rayearth on the Saturn... although I often find surprises lurking in my collection. For example- when the heck did Tail Concerto get that high?! I bought that for five bucks back in the day! I mean, yeah, it's definitely an underrated gem, but GEEZ!

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 10:42:10 pm »
In terms of rarity, the rarest games I own are games published online in small quantities from publishers such as Limited Run, Super Rare, Special Reserves, and the like.

On the other hand, value is something different. Since my collection largely focuses from the fifth generation onward, I don't have many games of high value in my personal collection, but I have a few. Valkryie Profile (PS, ~$100-$160), Haunting Ground (PS2, ~$150-$220), Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime (NS, ~$230-$285), and Rule of Rose (PS2, ~$250-$320), namely. Prices are based on recent completed eBay listings.

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 11:34:07 pm »
As other have pointed out, it would probably be my Limited Run stuff, but I'll do hard mode and not include those.

Here are a few things that likely are the rarest games I own:

Ni No Kuni: Wizard Edition
Canon Spike
Project Justice
Afrika
Blood Will Tell
Demon Souls Deluxe Edition
MUSHA
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne

Probably some other stuff I'm not thinking of, but those are the ones I think of first.

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2020, 06:13:36 am »
At one point I had a copy of Hikaru No Go Taikenban, of which (to my knowledge) there were only 555 copies existing. A Korean collector bought it from me so there aren't real rarities in my collection anymore. However I have a pretty uncommon PC big box release of Wrath of Earth which I really like aesthetically (game itself is trash).

sworddude

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2020, 06:32:06 am »
had the 2 potato grail gameboy classic games cib at some point not my type of games so i sold them both.

Of what i own currently

I'd say only shepards crossing 2 on ds comes close

and since these are technically full games

ico ps2 presskit
legend of dragoon ps1 presskit
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 07:20:18 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 06:39:25 am »
I don't really have anything super-rare, so if I had to guess I'd say its one of my Virtual Boy games, since I have everything for the console except for Jack Bros..

Other notables are Mega Man X2, Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition, Cave Story with 3D slipcover.

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2020, 07:51:43 am »
Clay Fighter Sculptor’s Cut for N64. Bought it at Blockbuster back when they were clearancing their N64 games to make room for newer stuff. I knew it was rental-only, so I thought it might be a good addition to the collection...for once, I was actually right. They also had the rental-only Transformers Beast Wars Transmetals for N64, I kinda wish I had gotten it too.

That’s about it for super-rare stuff. Also have a handful of kinda-rare things like Ninja Gaiden Trilogy and Dracula X on SNES, or Mega Man V on Game Boy, but nothing mind-blowing.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2020, 08:14:53 am »
I guess for this topic, my rarest game would be either Panzer Dragoon Saga or Burning Rangers.

I also have Tail Concerto. I got it as a gift; had no clue that finding it nowadays would be costly!

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2020, 08:40:57 am »
I don't know if anything I have is rare. on console but PC yes, but the most expensive game I purchased was maybe $50 or $60 but some of my collection I got off my sister for cheap since she was unloading all of her console games and consoles.

Someone said MegaMan X2 is rare? well I have a newer version of it for the PS2, and you can get all the MegaMan X games on the '

"Megaman X Collection"
now for $12 or more
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:43:36 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2020, 08:44:17 am »
Space Megaforce for the SNES, box, manual and everything!

I did own Snatcher for the Sega CD but we loaned out our SEGA CD in the mid 90's and never got it back.

tripredacus

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2020, 09:25:53 am »
For console games it is probably the Promotional Cartridge for Judge Dredd:
https://vgcollect.com/item/47764

In general, it could be any number of things, but the one that sticks out to me is Notyet on PC:
https://vgcollect.com/item/123306

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2020, 11:45:24 am »
Someone said MegaMan X2 is rare? well I have a newer version of it for the PS2, and you can get all the MegaMan X games on the '

"Megaman X Collection"
now for $12 or more

I didn’t say it was rare, I said it was likely one of the rarest games *I* own, after explicitly stating that I don’t own anything particularly rare.

And yes, I am well aware of the various X Collections that exist.  I own a couple of them.  But the original X2 cart for SNES which is valued around $80-100 (which has dropped from the $125 or so it was a couple of years ago).

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2020, 12:00:39 pm »
I think the rarest thing I have is a 5-Screw Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!! I think there’s only 10 or so that folks know about.  That was according to the folks over at NA that know about that stuff.

The most expensive thing is Little Samson.