Author Topic: Are there any games this gen that you keep coming back to?  (Read 2035 times)

Are there any games this gen that you keep coming back to?
« on: January 31, 2020, 03:32:30 am »
Sometimes I fire up HITMAN to try to kill every NPC in the level on the hardest difficulty.

I love to play Sniper Elite 3 and 4 again and again on the hardest difficulty, the gameplay is so satisfying.

I keep Assassin's Creed Rogue Remasteted around because sometimes I’m just in the mood to jump across boats and wreck people.

A lot of stuff is kind of one and done and I’m looking for stuff I could always go back to and still have fun. It’s usually when the gameplay is compelling rather than the story that I can experience the same thing again and not be bored.

Re: Are there any games this gen that you keep coming back to?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 03:40:17 am »
Monster Hunter World would be the biggest one for me, I have about 400 hours in it which is probably the most I've put into a game since Team Fortress 2.

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 04:14:45 am »
Diablo 3 for me....I dread to think how many hours I've played between different platforms.

I can't wait for Diablo 4!

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 06:31:06 am »
Bloodborne.  In fact I plan on doing another run through soon.

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2020, 08:58:38 am »
Monster Hunter World would be the biggest one for me, I have about 400 hours in it which is probably the most I've put into a game since Team Fortress 2.

Same- I just crossed 600 hours at the beginning of the grand appreciation fest.

I mean, there's so much to do, even if I do get bored & stop awhile, something new gets announced or I go back to try something I haven't done yet, and viola- sucked right back in.

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2020, 01:15:26 pm »
Doom 2016 is the game from this gen I've probably replayed the most. Other games I've gone back to many times are Super Smash Bros Ultimate and King of Fighters 14. A few that weren't released this gen, but are on current Gen systems are Mario Kart 8 and Grand Theft Auto V, I've replayed those a lot too.

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 01:26:21 pm »

Same- I just crossed 600 hours at the beginning of the grand appreciation fest.

I mean, there's so much to do, even if I do get bored & stop awhile, something new gets announced or I go back to try something I haven't done yet, and viola- sucked right back in.

Yeah I try to do as much as I can, maybe feel abit burnt out from Guiding Lands, take a break, see the next update or event and jump back in, and now there's so much to grind for all the layered armor they are adding in, I really need to play more lol

dhaabi

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 04:20:10 pm »
Splatoon 2, for sure. I've put in several hundreds of hours, and it always stays fresh.

indenton

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 05:14:04 pm »
Puyo Puyo Tetris is a mainstay for me this generation

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 11:13:24 pm »
I keep going back to play Battlefield 1 and Ace Combat 7 for this gen anyway.

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2020, 05:39:51 am »
I keep going back to play Battlefield 1 and Ace Combat 7 for this gen anyway.

Battlefield 1 is an amazing game. I rarely play online shooters, but I put a lot of time into it.

BFV was a massive disappointment.

I really must get round to Ace Combat 7. I haven’t played an air fighting game for so long. I’m talking Crimson Skies!

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 02:09:27 am »
Been playing Gems of War for the past few years. Easy to get in to. Matches only last a few minutes.

telly

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 04:33:43 pm »
Stardew Valley for me.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

astralsoul13

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2020, 12:54:05 pm »
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Easily my most played game in the last 10 years.

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 12:31:42 am »
Borderlands 3, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76.  While not technically this generation the Special Edition of Skyrim is from this gen and I keep coming to this as well.