Author Topic: Personal Hall of Fame  (Read 1049 times)

telekill

Personal Hall of Fame
« on: January 31, 2020, 09:14:11 am »
I'm in the midst of planning a Hall of Fame for my favorite games/series through time. My plan is to take one game from the series of choice, generally the first, and put it in a shadow box with a screenshot from it 3D displayed within the box. There will be mentions of the other games in the series probably through a line at the time or bottom of the screenshot that has pics of the box arts of each. The game that's put in the shadow box will be a complete copy in as good of condition as I can find at a reasonable price. Secondary reason for this is the preservation of the game/box/instructions/ect. I may also include a sound card with a built in speaker and button activation to play a song from the game.

I'm pretty excited at the idea but it will take months if not a couple years to complete.

Current plans for my Hall of Fame is to include the following:
 - Ninja Turtles (NES) - The NES, Genesis and SNES games will be mentioned.
 - Jurassic Park (Genesis) - Game Gear, Sega CD and Rampage Edition (Gen) will be in a different shadow box for preservation.
 - Resident Evil (undecided on if original PS1 long box or the Gamecube Remake will be in the shadowbox. Only numbered games through 6 will be mentioned plus Code Veronica X and maybe Outbreak.
 - Tomb Raider (PS1)
 - Uncharted 2 (PS3)

Do any of you have plans or do you already display favorite titles as a Hall of Fame?

Re: Personal Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 12:49:18 pm »
I am not sure how to answer this question, are you going to try to do a marathon? like beat the game with the all the story prequels first and then play all the sequels? if that is what you mean, heck yea I to love to do that

If you talking about a video game story marathon I would like to do that with the Halo series eventually

forgive me for not understanding what you meant.

As for a hall of fame? I don't really show off my collection much because I don't have a proper shelving unit like everyone else :-\
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 12:50:51 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

telekill

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 04:44:15 pm »
Hall of Fame being displaying specific games or series. Not playing them.

Warmsignal

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2020, 06:16:47 pm »
You mean like a shrine to all things about one specific game. I've thought about it, but it I'm limited on space as it is.

ferraroso

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 11:13:57 pm »
It doesn't mean I'd put most of these items in an all time video games hall of fame, however, these are the things that, for one reason or another, I usually display inside my glass cabinet.

From top to bottom:

- Sega Saturn PCB
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Premium Package (PlayStation 2)
- Metal Gear (Famicom)
- Metal Gear (Game Cube Special Disc)
- Metal Gear 20th Anniversary: Metal Gear Solid Collection (PlayStation 2)
- Metal Gear Solid (Metal Gear 20th Anniversary) (PlayStation)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Premium Package (PlayStation 2)
- Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence - First Print Limited Edition (PlayStation 2)
- Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - Premium Package (PlayStation 4)
- Metal Gear Solid Vocal Tracks (Soundtrack)
- Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes - Premium Package Version (Game Cube)
- Sega Dreamcast - Regulation 7 Limited Edition with controller
- Sega Dreamcast - Hello Kitty Skeleton Pink Edition with controller, keybord, VMU and Dream Passport disc
- Ganbare Yukawa Senmu phone charm
- Ikaruga (Dreamcast)
- The King of Fighters '96 + '95 (Neo Geo AES)
- The King of Fighters '94 (Neo Geo AES)
- The King of Fighters '95 (Neo Geo AES)
- The King of Fighters '96 (Neo Geo AES)
- The King of Fighters '97 (Neo Geo AES)
- The King of Fighters '98: Dream Match Never Ends (Neo Geo AES)
- The King of Fighters '95 - Laser Disc
- The King of Fighters '98 - Character's Book
- Garou Densetsu Special Wolfgang Krauser plush toy
- Three Dirty Dwarves (Saturn)
- Earthworm Jim 2 (Saturn)
- Akumajo Dracula: Gekka no Yasoukyoku (Saturn)
- Segata Sanshiro phone charm
- Sealed copy of Layer Section II (Saturn)
- Set of Saturn stickers
- Game Processor RAM Cassette
- Tectoy Pense Bem (with activity books)
- Master System key chain
- Virtual Cameraman 2 (LaserActive)

pzeke

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2020, 11:08:50 am »
I'm not going to lie; the idea of a "hall of fame" has crossed my mind multiple times, but I sincerely don't see the point in doing it. My room no longer has the space requiered for something like that, so that's reason número uno. I have a curio and glass cabinet to display my figure collection, so maybe in the event one day I were to do without said collection, then I guess I'll use the cabinets as a display piece for my games. Who knows?

I like your idea, though, especially considering I used shadow boxes in the past to display my favorite comicbooks. Post pictures if you ever go through with this project.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 08:12:26 pm »
I don't have a hall of fame but I do display certain games buy facing them front out on the shelf.I do have eight display cases but none are dedicated to one series of a game.The closest thing I have to what your asking about is my case displaying random collectors edition statues and games that go with it. If you ever complete your hall of fame you should post a pic sounds like a cool idea and I would love to see it good luck.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:16:08 pm by wartoy »