Author Topic: Your top 10 Favorite Sega Genesis games  (Read 3455 times)

Re: Your top 10 Favorite Sega Genesis games
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2020, 03:25:33 pm »
1. Elemental Master
2. Alien Soldier
3. Twinkle Tale
4. Advanced Busterhawk Gleylancer
5. Dynamite Headdy
6. Aero Blasters
7. Rent A Hero
8. Atomic Runner
9. Columns III
10. Marvel Land

Nice to see Alien Soldier and Gleylancer on there. As with most things some of the best games never made their way West. Wasn't Aero Blasters TG16/PC Engine? I know their was an Arrow Flash shooter for Gen/MD.

Mine:
Gunstar Heroes
Light[e]ning Force
Streets of Rage II
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Thunder Force II
Steets of Rage
Biohazard Battle
Super Hangon
Road Rash II
Golden Axe II

Thanks, very true many gems stayed in Japan unfortunately. When I was really into Treasure dev, Alien Solider was on my bucket list for years. Such an action-packed game. I was going to mention Gaiares, or Arrow Flash (MD/GEN has a bunch of solid shoot'em ups) but decided with Gleylancer ... since I never heard about this game until very recently (2-years ago) I completed it, it really took me by surprise how great the overall game is from the presentation to power-up system.

Yes- Aero Blaster also went by Air Buster is on TG16/PC which is also solid in its own right. Biohazard Battle, nice choice.

Ahh, Awesome! I did not know there was a MD version. Played Alien Soldier for the first time on the Genesis Classic Collection for Switch. Great stuff.

sworddude

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2020, 05:55:54 am »
1. Elemental Master
2. Alien Soldier
3. Twinkle Tale
4. Advanced Busterhawk Gleylancer
5. Dynamite Headdy
6. Aero Blasters
7. Rent A Hero
8. Atomic Runner
9. Columns III
10. Marvel Land

Nice to see Alien Soldier and Gleylancer on there. As with most things some of the best games never made their way West. Wasn't Aero Blasters TG16/PC Engine? I know their was an Arrow Flash shooter for Gen/MD.

Mine:
Gunstar Heroes
Light[e]ning Force
Streets of Rage II
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Thunder Force II
Steets of Rage
Biohazard Battle
Super Hangon
Road Rash II
Golden Axe II

Thanks, very true many gems stayed in Japan unfortunately. When I was really into Treasure dev, Alien Solider was on my bucket list for years. Such an action-packed game. I was going to mention Gaiares, or Arrow Flash (MD/GEN has a bunch of solid shoot'em ups) but decided with Gleylancer ... since I never heard about this game until very recently (2-years ago) I completed it, it really took me by surprise how great the overall game is from the presentation to power-up system.

Yes- Aero Blaster also went by Air Buster is on TG16/PC which is also solid in its own right. Biohazard Battle, nice choice.

Ahh, Awesome! I did not know there was a MD version. Played Alien Soldier for the first time on the Genesis Classic Collection for Switch. Great stuff.

alien soldier didnt stay japan only it was also released in europe.

titles like battlemania 2 though that's japan only. everdrives are a blessing for those kinds of things though
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2020, 09:44:20 am »
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Jurassic Park
Jurassic Park Rampage Edition
Ninja Turtles Hyperstone Heist
Comix Zone
Ecco the Dolphin
Streets of Rage 2
Mortal Kombat 2
NBA Jam TE
Judge Dredd

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2020, 05:29:07 am »
Off the top of my head:

01 - Mickey Mouse & Donald Ducks - World of Illusion
02 - Sonic 2
03 - Snake Rattle N' Roll
04 - Streets of Rage 2
05 - Aladdin
06 - Flashback
07 - Beavis & Butt-head
08 - Mortal Kombat
09 - Toki
10 - The Revenge of Shinobi

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2020, 10:08:24 am »
Since most of my mainstays (Sonic, Ristar, Streets of Rage, Thunder Force series) have been brought up, I'm gonna try to go for a few games no one's mentioned yet:

Cyborg Justice: A never-named game from my childhood. It's been a while, maybe it doesn't hold up as well as I remember, but it's an interesting premise. It's a 2D beat 'em up where you play robots. You build a custom bot for yourself at the beginning of the game, which changes up your attacks/appearance. Here's the kicker: maybe you run into an enemy bot with the flamethrower arm, & you regret taking the chainsaw arm. So- steal his! You can literally rip apart any baddie you go up against & take their parts as your own. Be careful, though- they can do it to you too!

Sparkster: A couple folks brought up Rocket Knight Adventures, so I'm surprised no one's mentioned its awesome sequel!

Landstalker: An isometric action RPG that's great fun for fans of old-school Zelda. Just, um, make sure your can save. I lost a lot of progress to a dead battery once.

Since Aladdin's been mentioned a few times: if you get stuck, pause & quickly hit a,b,b,a,a,b,b,a. Do it right & you'll auto-complete the level. I once beat the game at Disneyland doing that. ;)

telly

« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2020, 10:09:59 am »

Since Aladdin's been mentioned a few times: if you get stuck, pause & quickly hit a,b,b,a,a,b,b,a. Do it right & you'll auto-complete the level. I once beat the game at Disneyland doing that. ;)

It's funny that ABBA was such an influence on all these old school games ;) I think if you hit a, b, b, a you can respawn after a game over in Ikari Warriors on NES or something
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery