Author Topic: Going Platinum  (Read 1841 times)

Going Platinum
« on: February 05, 2020, 10:12:34 am »
When it comes to playing games, I've never really been a completionist; closest I ever got was in 2000, me and a buddy spent the entire summer trying to get to 105% in Crash Bandicoot but only made it to 100%... After that I never really cared about completing a game, I just play through the story and do what ever side quests/missions I want till I get bored. So this year, one of my gaming goals will be to obtain my first PSN Platinum trophy.

So I'm coming to you to ask for suggestions. I want it to be a game that's not insanely difficult (Please no Dark Souls) but also I'd like to feel a sense of accomplishment after finishing it, also nothing that will take me like 200 hours to get lol. So with that what are some good games to be my first Platinum?

Re: Going Platinum
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 10:37:24 am »
All the Telltale games.  Just playing through the story will net you a plat.

I have 2 platinums aside from those - Bloodborne and God of War.  GoW isn’t easy, but is completely doable in about 40 hours.  You may even be able to get it faster if it’s available on Easier modes.  I got it on normal.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 10:39:39 am by Cartagia »

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:04:02 am »
Yonder was a pretty easy and quick platinum for me, only took 2 days.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:11:32 am »
God of War is a good platinum, but the final Valkyrie can be quite hard and the Ravens are a horrible collectible.

I would say for a first Platinum, you want something with a moderate challenge and no missable trophies.

I would say Horizon Zero Dawn. It's about 40-45 hours, nothing is missable and it's not overly challenging.

Spiderman is a another good one, about 30 hours and no missables.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:21:52 am by zenrhino »

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:32:46 am »

I would say Horizon Zero Dawn. It's about 40-45 hours, nothing is missable and it's not overly challenging.

Ohh I like the idea of this, Horizon Zero Dawn is already on my list to play this year... hmm

Lots of good ideas so far! thanks guys keep'em coming

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 11:42:47 am »
All the Telltale games.  Just playing through the story will net you a plat.

I really want to play through the walking dead games at some point. I'm gonna keep an eye out for the full collection!

kashell

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 12:56:43 pm »
So I'm coming to you to ask for suggestions. I want it to be a game that's not insanely difficult (Please no Dark Souls) but also I'd like to feel a sense of accomplishment after finishing it, also nothing that will take me like 200 hours to get lol. So with that what are some good games to be my first Platinum?

Not insanely difficult, but a sense of accomplishment? Let's see...

Aragami was a fun platinum. A bit repetitive, and sometimes frustrating, but overall a good time. If you like Tenchu, then this is a good choice.

Bloodborne was tough, but that actually added to the fun. I can't recall how long it took me. Just be on the lookout for missables.

I'd avoid a fighting game since most of them require online play. That could cause some issues. Are you only looking at PS4? Or, are PS3 and Vita options?

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 01:21:14 pm »
Between the xbox and playstation, I've gotten about 120 completions, and I would consider the most satisfying ones to complete are the RPGs, where I consider my completions of Tales of Vesperia and Blue Dragon to be my proudest. But they are large timesinks.

If you want a solid, but short game that you can easily get all achievements, my suggestions would be Undertale, the Cat Quest games, and Untitled Goose Game. All of them are fun throughout and can be finished up in a weekend.

If you really want to go down the trophy hole though, I suggest making an account at https://www.truetrophies.com/ . That site and its' sister sites are focused around trophies and achievements, not only providing guides and walkthroughs, but also giving a better sense of how hard a particular trophy/achievement is.

telly

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 02:20:25 pm »
Undertale is an extremely easy game to Plat

EDIT: Emperordragon already mentioned it :)
Currently Playing:
DOOM (PS4)

My music collection | My Backloggery

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2020, 12:25:49 am »
The Spyro remastered trilogy was pretty easy to plat.  I suppose easier since I 100% them all as a kid, but  that would be a good plat that is challenging enough but not overly so, and not a time sink.

Dark Souls, believe it or not, is also not a terribly difficult platinum, at least compared to other games of the system.  It took a few playthroughs, but once you know how to play those games, just becomes an exercise in repetition and grinding. 

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2020, 01:42:59 am »
The only game that I went Platinum in is one of the TW PGA Tour games for the PlayStation 2 I've played them so many times I can't remember, but there was still more to unlock I need to beat the boss on the 2004 release but I'm too chicken to do so.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:44:56 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2020, 02:17:45 pm »
The only game that I went Platinum in is one of the TW PGA Tour games for the PlayStation 2 I've played them so many times I can't remember, but there was still more to unlock I need to beat the boss on the 2004 release but I'm too chicken to do so.

You can't get a Platinum on a PS2 game, as trophies didn't come out until the PS3, with PGA Tour 10 being the first in the series to receive trophy support. Additionally, it is now impossible to platinum most of them because the online servers have been shut down, making many trophies for each game, and thus also the platinum, impossible to get.

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 08:22:19 pm »

You can't get a Platinum on a PS2 game, as trophies didn't come out until the PS3, with PGA Tour 10 being the first in the series to receive trophy support. Additionally, it is now impossible to platinum most of them because the online servers have been shut down, making many trophies for each game, and thus also the platinum, impossible to get.

Believe it or not, the Most of the tiger woods games for the PS2 did have something called a Platinum tour card and also 2002- till at least 2006 on the PS2 does indeed have a thing called trophy balls, and the does also have a progress system. It's not advertised but it is included in those games.

I understand what your saying being not on a 7th or 8th generation console, but under "Player resume" in those Mid PS2 era golf games, they do have a progress tracker. As well as goals, and scenarios to accomplish as well as golf courses and players and in game equipment and clothing to unlock as well
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 08:24:38 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

kashell

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 08:03:59 am »
Gentle reminder: the discussion is specifically about PlayStation Network Trophies.

ferraroso

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2020, 08:29:50 pm »
My first (and only) Platinum was in Need for Speed: Rivals.
The game is already pretty old, so it may be a little difficult to get the online trophies now, but I remember that I got its Platinum without even noticing...