Author Topic: Do You Have A Hard Time Picking A Game To Play?  (Read 4379 times)

pzeke

Re: Do You Have A Hard Time Picking A Game To Play?
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 10:31:34 pm »
Many years ago, when my collection was much smaller, I wrote down the name of all the games I hadn't beaten on lil' paper slips, which I kept in an old drawstring bag. I'd finish a game & a draw a new title from the bag. I had to give that up after a few months becuase it was taking away the enthusiasm tied to playing a game & making it more like a chore.

I did that once using a “decision making” website. I did it mostly for the hell of it, but it was quite a fun experience if I'm being honest.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2020, 09:33:47 am »
I am one of those people who can't play more than one game at a time, and I think it takes me a moment to let go of the last game.

Yeah, I'm the same. Not that I can't handle multiple games at a time, but I'd rather focus on one, not only to appreciate it more, but because it also helps to finish it quicker in the event I'm trying to go for 100% completion.

I'm the same way, with everything - books, movies, shows.  One at a time, and you don't start the next one until the first one is finished.

pzeke

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2020, 10:06:45 am »
Definitely. Although I would often juggle between a console and a handheld game, especially since the latter are usually simpler...for the most part, at least.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2020, 01:57:17 am »
Yes and its especially hard when you invest a good amount of time in one game so when it comes time to try something new, it becomes a bit hard. Once I get time with it and get hooked then no problem but of course the cycle continues.