Author Topic: What do you want from the launch lineup of the next generation of consoles?  (Read 2319 times)

Nothing

Normally launch lineups aren't good, like Playstation 4 had a poor launch, Xbox One wasn't any better, Nintendo Switch at least had Breath of the Wild, but I'm hoping something real surprising shows up this time.  Xbox should at least have Halo Infinite, which is notable, and I think PS5 should have something big too.  Kinda hoping for something crazy like Bloodborne 2 that really makes me want to jump into the PS5 right away, but I think that'll be asking too much lol

a new clock tower, boxing, bonk or zoop game.

Nickkchilla

I tend towards the niche titles that do not sell systems, so my preferred games are not likely to be launch titles. Which is fine, I'm not big on being a Day 1 buyer anyway (gives a chance to sort the bugs out).

Having said that, if one of these guys revives Scalebound it'll be a BIG push towards making an early adopter out of me. I'd also love a new Klonoa game, but that's clearly more of a Switch kinda thing.

As long as they have full backwards compatibility with all previous generations I'll be happy

As long as they have full backwards compatibility with all previous generations I'll be happy

Pretty much this. As soon as Sony confirms backwards compatibility with at at least the PS2, I'm all in. If it does happen to support all previous Playstation consoles then I'll be the first to be lined up 48-hours before preorders open in order to get one.

I heard a rumor that Gran Turismo 7 is supposed to be a launch game. I have some doubts about this, but if that ends up being true I'll be even more excited, especially if it actually puts the focus back on offline single player. I've avoided Sport because of how much it emphasizes online multiplayer.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: What do you want from the launch lineup of the next generation of consoles?
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2020, 08:03:21 pm »
If thay have backwards compatibility im more likely to buy on release day.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 08:12:15 pm »
Backwards compatible to PS4 is all I will need to upgrade Day 1 along with being able to transfer our saves from PS4 to PS5 so I can continue playing Monster Hunter World on it and not lose my Godzilla 2014 save.  Otherwise, I'd need a pretty notable game to get me Day 1 on it.

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 08:14:51 pm »
Backwards compatible to PS4 is all I will need to upgrade Day 1 along with being able to transfer our saves from PS4 to PS5 so I can continue playing Monster Hunter World on it and not lose my Godzilla 2014 save.  Otherwise, I'd need a pretty notable game to get me Day 1 on it.

You’ve got the PS4 BC on lock, it’s the saves I’m curious about.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 08:22:47 pm »

Yeah I'm just waiting for it to be proper "official" before I get too excited, but saves has to be a must for that I think, which I feel it will since it being BC to PS4 is due to the same architecture, so hopefully the saves are just a simple transfer thing through the cloud backup.  BC otherwise isn't very important as I don't think there's too many games I'd want to go back for that haven't already gotten a remaster or port since then.

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2020, 11:04:36 pm »

Yeah I'm just waiting for it to be proper "official" before I get too excited, but saves has to be a must for that I think, which I feel it will since it being BC to PS4 is due to the same architecture, so hopefully the saves are just a simple transfer thing through the cloud backup.  BC otherwise isn't very important as I don't think there's too many games I'd want to go back for that haven't already gotten a remaster or port since then.

Any word when the hell the PS5 is supposed to be unveiled? The suspense is driving me crazy!