Author Topic: Anyone Played Golf Or Mini Golf In Real Life Before?  (Read 7326 times)

Re: Anyone Played Golf Or Mini Golf In Real Life Before?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 08:04:42 pm »
for the record I was in the rough and those people had plenty place to go around me.

Except that goes against golfing etiquette and procedure. Only one group should be playing a hole at any given time to minimize confusion, interference with others, and reduce risk of injury to others.
If you want to play at your own pace, you need to go at a non-peak time, like early on an overcast weekday (Or just simply asking the staff, "I'm a slow golfer, when's the best time for me to play so I don't slow down anyone else?").

I never could figure out which golf ball was mine
That's when you buy a ball with a distinctive feature or color. Easier to find your ball when it's the only neon orange one of the lot. Though it is odd that that many balls would be left behind; most golfers like adding the lost and found balls to their reserve stockpile.

@emporerdragon thank you too for the advice that kind of information is good for everyone to know  :)

« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:09:06 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 08:09:39 pm »
I've never legitimately played real golf, like full on keeping track of how many hits, but there was a small golf course back in my hometown I played once or twice, making the rounds of the course. I was actually pretty good at driving the ball and managing to keep it mostly where I wanted to go, but was less for the smaller or medium shots.  Haven't played it in a long time though.  Never done mini golf, but I'd probably like, I enjoy those casual sort of sports, such as bowling, which I also haven't played in a long time.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:11:18 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 08:34:08 pm »
 I had to pay to rent clubs when I went so that was why it cost me more, a fact is if you want to golf for cheaper my advice is to use your own set of clubs. But, choose your golf course wisely I did pay $60 upfront for only access to 9 holes on this 18 hole golf coarse, in which is why I was vary upset at my experience.

and when I took a friend with me they charged me a total of $120USD for 2 people, and I was young and the my family said that the golf club house took advantage of me who was to foot the bill.

Here is some facts about the cost a round of a golf  from google, in 2018

According to a Golf Channel survey, the median cost for an 18-hole round at a public golf course is $36 including cart. Private clubs are costlier with annual membership dues and additional fees and range anywhere from moderately-priced to six-figure initiation fees.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:45:57 pm by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 08:40:36 pm »
I've never legitimately played real golf, like full on keeping track of how many hits, but there was a small golf course back in my hometown I played once or twice, making the rounds of the course. I was actually pretty good at driving the ball and managing to keep it mostly where I wanted to go, but was less for the smaller or medium shots.  Haven't played it in a long time though.  Never done mini golf, but I'd probably like, I enjoy those casual sort of sports, such as bowling, which I also haven't played in a long time.

Mini golf is way cheaper to play in my area but It's ok I guess :-\

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 05:47:56 am »
I was curious the last few days about how many regular golf courses are in the world in real life. and I never knew that there are so few as far as world wide.

according to my research I found out the following
34,011 golf courses
The study -- titled "Golf Around The World" -- said there are 34,011 golf courses in the world, 45 percent of which are in the United States

thoughts?

Where I live there is a ton of golf courses nearby. everywhere I've been in my state golf courses are everywhere, but apparently their is not a lot of countries that play golf except for Canada, Australia, Scotland, state Florida state California,
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 05:52:35 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 09:50:00 pm »
I played golf with my bleeding, shattered, manipulated heart. Standing tall among dew soaked blades of grass.   Using my lungs as a 9 iron, I putt myself into the darkness.  My friends battle the wars fought inside of their worlds.  Pain blinds me from the numbness.  I love them.  They hate me. At least pain is a sensation.  It beats the dark purgatory void of mundane life.  Please prey for those effected by the virus.

But golf?  A good walk spoiled.  By the golf.   But I enjoy golf video games.  Like golf for NES.   
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 09:56:53 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2020, 06:33:44 am »
Yeah I’ve played Mini-Golf plenty of times, though I haven’t played it ever since I was in High School. After this whole C-Virus thing is solved, I’m gonna play some Mini-Golf again.