Author Topic: 2020 Games  (Read 2360 times)

2020 Games
« on: March 06, 2020, 03:44:00 am »
Just about time to dive into a particularly heavy season of games and I'd like to see what everyone is excited for at this point as we've had a number of delays and date confirmations over the past few months.

Top Hype - Definitely my most anticipated games.
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Resident Evil 3 Remake
Final Fantasy 7
Cyberpunk 2077

Mid Hype - Still pretty excited for these ones.
Doom Eternal
Dying Light 2
The Last of Us 2
Ghosts of Tsushima

Low Hype - Ones I will definitely play this year, but might not be at release.
Animal Crossing
Nioh 2
Maneater
Marvel Avengers

Hype - Can't go full on with these till I see more and have actual confirmed dates.
Halo Infinite
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Elden Ring
Tales of Arise
Godfall

Re: 2020 Games
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 04:48:33 am »
I've been more focused on playing what I already own and cleared my wish list.

I'll be pre-ordering Animal Crossing: New Horizons and probably nothing else this year.

Dreams already released but will be the next 2020 game I buy.

I'll eventually play The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima, Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs Legion. I might just wait and play PS5 versions though.

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 05:05:40 pm »
Ori is the only game on my radar, but I've yet to get the first one. So that's on the back burner. Also Doom Eternal, as long as it doesn't turn out to be an online game.

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 05:31:30 pm »
Games I Want:
Tales of Arise (I collect Tales games, so yea)
VtM: Bloodlines 2 (I mean, duh...  Back when vampires were cool and didn't sparkle)
Last of Us 2 (I already predicted exactly how the story is going to go and I still want to play it.  Naughty Dog owns my soul)
Psychonauts 2 (I need my LSD)

Games I Hate Myself For Wanting
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (We've been over-saturated with this game for too long.  Dammit, I have it pre-ordered.  Dammit!)
Half-Life: Alyx (I don't trust it, plus VR gives me a headache.  But I feel like enough game sales might win us the fabled Half-Life 3, so I'm in)
Animal Crossing: New Horizons (I honestly shouldn't be buying this cute drug.  I'm in recovery.  But awwwww, their adorable!)
Trials of Mana (Fine, I'll give them one last chance to make a good Mana game.)

Games I'm Curious Enough About to Maybe Buy
Wasteland 3 (Should I play the other two first?)
Marvels Avengers (The latest gameplay trailer got me interested.  Ms. Marvel!)
Little Nightmares 2 (Gnomes are good for fiber)
Oddworld: Soulstorm (I miss this series.  Glad it's coming back)

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 05:41:29 pm »
Games I Want:

I know nothing about this series and I only tried to play a little bit of Berseria with Rule 63 Guts from Berserk, but Arise looks gorgeous and that's the biggest draw of it for me.  Normally I can kinda just pass over a lot of these anime styled games, especially long running ones, but right away I was pretty interested to check it out based on the visuals and action which is pretty notable for me.  I love anime, but a lot of anime styled games come across kinda...samey...or don't feel like the gameplay is there to keep me engaged, so I'm hoping to like this one.

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 09:44:26 pm »
Games I Want:

I know nothing about this series and I only tried to play a little bit of Berseria with Rule 63 Guts from Berserk, but Arise looks gorgeous and that's the biggest draw of it for me.  Normally I can kinda just pass over a lot of these anime styled games, especially long running ones, but right away I was pretty interested to check it out based on the visuals and action which is pretty notable for me.  I love anime, but a lot of anime styled games come across kinda...samey...or don't feel like the gameplay is there to keep me engaged, so I'm hoping to like this one.

Some Tales games are better than others, don't let graphics fool you.  Zestiria looks gorgeous, but it's gameplay is kinda dull.   Meanwhile Innocence is probably my favorite game in the franchise.  We'll see if Arise impresses me.

telekill

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 03:35:25 pm »
My 2020 is kind of in a place of limbo as I wait for news on the PS5. I've been saving for PS5 the last few months anticipating a $500 price tag, but there are talks of potentially two different PS5s being released at the same time. Not sure what that might mean for pricing.

So far this year I've already bought The Division 2 for PS4 when it was on sale for like $5.

Anyway... I'm definitely getting the following:
 - RE3 Remake
 - FF7 Remake
 - Streets of Rage 4
 - Ghost of Tsushima

Normally, I wouldn't hesitate on preordering and picking up an awesome looking Resident Evil, but I've found that my taste has changed drastically since the series started, and I'm simply not that into survival horror games anymore. I currently have RE3 Remake preordered but after trying out the FF7 Remake demo... and with them releasing a week apart.... I'm thinking of getting FF7 Remake first and then getting RE3 Remake after a price drop.

As for Streets of Rage 4, I'm hoping to see a physical edition on PS4. Even cooler would be if Sega released a Complete series version of the game as maybe a collector's edition. Put the first three games on the disc with it. That would be pretty awesome.

Lastly, Ghost of Tsushima looks potentially incredible. I'd buy it on PS4, but I'm hoping that there will be a slightly more advanced PS5 version released with the launch of the new system. I know PS5 is confirmed to be PS4 backwards compatible, but having a definitive edition specifically for PS5 would be pretty awesome depending on what was included.

That's basically it for now.

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2020, 05:42:22 pm »
I'm honestly not excited for anything.

I imagine I'll want to play Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077 at some point but don't feel compelled to buy them day one or in a rush to play them.

Other than those two I'm really not bothered about any other upcoming releases.

Kinda just waiting on the PS5 and Xbox Series X launch line up reveals at this point I guess.

ferraroso

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2020, 07:00:07 pm »
Basically, there are three games I'm looking forward to play this year:

- Resident Evil 3
- Panzer Dragoon
- Streets of Rage 4

However, as always, I'll only be purchasing the latter 2 titles when (and if) they receive a physical release...

kashell

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 08:38:54 am »
Trials of Mana is at the top of my list, with Tales of Arise and Ghosts of Tsushima trailing behind.

I'll wait until an inevitable price drop for the remake of FFVII. The demo was cool, but it didn't sell me on it.

telekill

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 11:13:51 am »

- Streets of Rage 4

However, as always, I'll only be purchasing the latter 2 titles when (and if) they receive a physical release...

Has Streets of Rage 4 been confirmed as digital only?  :'(

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 11:57:11 am »

- Streets of Rage 4

Has Streets of Rage 4 been confirmed as digital only?  :'(
No, but it's unfortunately getting a limited print release from LRG instead of a real publisher.

I'm actually not hyped for much of anything.  I've got a couple of things preordered mostly for my wife.

Things I have preordered for me are Elden Ring (Who knows when that's coming out) and Prinny 1*2 Reloaded.  There are other things I'm interested in, but nothing that's a day one purchase.

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 01:06:32 am »
I was initially gonna hold off on Nioh 2 and Animal Crossing, because Doom Eternal is coming along with the stuff in April, but with how things are right now, I think having some extra entertainment on hand could be a good thing lol  Plus Ori and the Will of the Wips on Game Pass for PC ended up having a bad audio issue so I haven't been playing that at all.

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 11:59:45 pm »
At the moment the three 2020 games I'm most excited about are Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3, and Final Fantasy 7. I imagine as it gets closer to the fall I'll start getting pumped for Cyberpunk 2077, but at the moment its being overshadowed by the three previously mentioned games.

Sadly with E3 being cancelled I'm hoping there will be announcements of other amazing titles releasing this year. I'm still really bummed about it not happening :/

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 01:36:01 am »
At the moment the three 2020 games I'm most excited about are Doom Eternal, Resident Evil 3, and Final Fantasy 7. I imagine as it gets closer to the fall I'll start getting pumped for Cyberpunk 2077, but at the moment its being overshadowed by the three previously mentioned games.

Sadly with E3 being cancelled I'm hoping there will be announcements of other amazing titles releasing this year. I'm still really bummed about it not happening :/

I think most companies are just gonna pull a Nintendo Direct to announce their new games, doing some streamed event online with a pre-made video.  I'm also gonna miss E3, I know there are issues with it, but getting those reveals and audience reactions, all done within a few specific days, it really is "Video Game Christmas" and I always really love keeping up with the news.