Author Topic: what is the weirdest bug/glitch you ever experience  (Read 2729 times)

htimreimer

what is the weirdest bug/glitch you ever experience
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:50:52 pm »
i have one bug and one glitch and this happen in western outlaw

(1)in the first level you are in a train and passengers have there chin stretch out so far that they are stuck in the floor,roof and wall except for the women their normal

(2)in the barn level it took me 10 minutes to go up a lader and then i got stuck in the wall >:(
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:40:05 pm by htimreimer »

psydswipe

Re: what is the weirdest bug/glitch you ever expense
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:38:30 pm »
Might want to edit the subject since you probably meant experience, not expense  ;)

I hit a bug in Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising that ended the game a bit early. Toward the end of the game you board a chopper and have to pilot it to what I believe was the last battle. Well, I crashed the chopper into a dock, it fell through the map, and I was under the water. Then suddenly the game acted as if I had won and the credits rolled.

jcalder8

Re: what is the weirdest bug/glitch you ever experience
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 02:11:56 pm »

jobocan

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:51:31 pm »
The only one I can think of on top of my head is in the newly released/not really good Blades of Time. I was fighting flying enemies, using the "dash towards enemies" move, and suddenly the character just froze in her jump animation. I could move her anywhere in the room I was in and make her spin around, but every other button was unresponsive.

pacpix

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 06:31:24 pm »
The first time I played Legend of Zelda Adventure of Link everytime I would get hit by enemies I would start randomly falling and end up in different temples and areas of the map.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kirbysuperstar

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 06:33:33 pm »
I had the PS1 port of FF6 pack a mental and do all sorts of weird things, like filling my inventory with several sets of  255 dirks. I can't remember if that was a Relm/sketch glitch or just TOSE's amazing programming.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2012, 12:43:57 am »
One of my more recent ones was in Silent Hill Homecoming when you get to a part in the sewers where you have to kill all these spider-like enemies to progress, I couldnt figure out for the life of me what to do, keep in mind I HATE strategy guides and walkthroughs, so it took me a while to even know it was a glitch, that completely ruins the game. I eventually had to restart from the beginning and made sure to kill them first.

madmax

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2012, 01:20:24 am »
I've had a lot of stuff happen in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
I played the crap out of that game (Played it since its release until last year on an almost daily basis)

I'm able to make cars stuck in the air on command, bikes stuck in trees when I want. The physics engine in the game isn't perfect and after playing thousands of hours, i was able to find the little things here and there :)

urbanchaos

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 07:34:13 am »
In Max Payne 3, in the Airport stage,go down where you are supposed to go on a train. A shitload of thugs are there with their loaded guns waiting for you. If you manage to bring one of them close to a train door right before it goes off, he will be dragged onto the wall and be stuck there.

Not the weirdest glitch since I haven't really experienced any but still.

foxhack

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 11:40:59 am »
Portal.

Pay no attention to my voice. :P

I've also had some really weird physics-related glitches in various games, most of them use the Havok Physics Engine...

Alone in the Dark (PC, 2008): I tried to ram an enemy with a car, he punched it, the car went flying across the map;
Alan Wake (PC, 2012): I was trying to drive over a small hill when an enemy hit me, and the car somersaulted high onto the air. Luckily I landed on the car wheels.

scott

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 02:00:32 pm »
Pay no attention to my voice. :P

Kinda hard not to, since you're explaining. :P
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

forte

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 06:28:17 pm »
I just had one yesterday; I was testing a Mega Man 2 cart I got and had to blow on it a few times to get it going, but when I did, it immediately booted into Heat Man's stage where I was at the halfway point, the graphics were glitched, and I had 5E lives. It eventually got to a point I couldn't pass. When I reset the game, it started like normal. Quite bizarre.

htimreimer

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2012, 02:17:35 am »
Alone in the Dark (PC, 2008): I tried to ram an enemy with a car, he punched it, the car went flying across the map;
Alan Wake (PC, 2012): I was trying to drive over a small hill when an enemy hit me, and the car somersaulted high onto the air. Luckily I landed on the car wheels.
lol ;D lol ;D lol ;D lol ;D

soera

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2012, 12:45:05 pm »
I had a glitch once where I was playing a game and I died ... it never happened again however.

scott

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »
The oddest bug I've gotten lately involved Satele Shan in Star Wars: The Old Republic, when the game first launched there was a bug, where she would appear super small during cutscenes. This is an example from You Tube (I didn't make the video)

The other involved Congo's Caper on SNES. Sometimes when I would load up the game, it would glitch and give me a stage select screen, skipping the entire 1st level.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread