Author Topic: What Is Your Opinion Of NASCAR Racing Video Games  (Read 2359 times)

What Is Your Opinion Of NASCAR Racing Video Games
« on: April 09, 2020, 06:51:14 pm »

There was a long time I didn't play any racing video games because I was sick of playing them for years and I just got back into them. My opinion of NASCAR racing games is mostly of Nostalgia I guess, I think they are ok, but only because I just got back into most racing video game period

I been playing "NASCAR Heat" original for the PlayStation 1 lately. I already said in another thread that one of the first video games I ever played was called Bill Elliot's NASCAR Challenge for DOS/PC

it felt strange to me when I started a new season on NASCAR Heat as Dale Earnhardt Sr. since the vary first race in the season is Daytona International Speedway in which is the same track and the same season and "I think" and the same race he got into a brutal racing car accident on the last lap according to my research

MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: What Is Your Opinion Of NASCAR Racing Video Games
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 10:01:06 pm »
I have negative interest in NASCAR, however a friend of mine had an old NASCAR MSDOS PC game that had damage effects on the cars if you crashed. I remember him and I used to activate an invincibility cheat and drive the wrong way and wreck every car on the track. Used to entertain us for hours since it was the most realistic damage graphics I'd ever seen in a game at the time.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 11:40:36 am by bikingjahuty »

Warmsignal

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2020, 12:56:28 pm »
It's one of the few types of racing games that I have no desire to play. One of the fundamental aspects that make a good racing game IMO, is track design and variance. Driving around in a large oval is not a compelling idea. I also don't care for games that are bound by the constraints of emulating a real-life sporting event, real life is just far too mundane. Racing in real life is kinda boring, because it's a very delicate science in order for it to be done responsibly and safely. With a video game, it's all fantasy so all of those constraints can go right out the window, and that's exactly what makes a good arcade racer.

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 05:20:59 pm »
I’ve only played Nascar 2000 on the N64, and Nascar Kart Racing on the Wii. I think they were both ok, but nothing to write home about.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 05:11:05 am »
NASCAR games are great, but it's hit and miss as to the good/bad ones.  You have to be a true NASCAR fan to get the full enjoyment of the games, as they are sim based, and you have to know about nascar handling to be able to tune the cars properly to win. I dabbled with them off and on over the years but never got into it. There is more arcade and simplistic NASCAR licensed games, so if you're not much a NASCAR die-hard, try those ones instead, they might be more enjoyable.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2020, 01:44:28 pm »
Only one I seriously played was "NASCAR THUNDER 2002." No clue why, it's a generic racing game, and I know nothing about NASCAR, but I enjoyed it.

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2020, 08:22:24 pm »
NASCAR games are great, but it's hit and miss as to the good/bad ones.  You have to be a true NASCAR fan to get the full enjoyment of the games, as they are sim based, and you have to know about nascar handling to be able to tune the cars properly to win. I dabbled with them off and on over the years but never got into it. There is more arcade and simplistic NASCAR licensed games, so if you're not much a NASCAR die-hard, try those ones instead, they might be more enjoyable.

NASCAR HEAT original for the PlayStation 1, is mostly an arcade racing video game, however, some of the EA sports ones like NASCAR 99 and NASCAR 2000 is both arcade and simulation, you have the option for both. and the ability to tune your car, I am not a hardcore NASCAR fan so I prefer "NASCAR HEAT" because it's more player engaging and easier to control your car. NASCAR HEAT for the PS1 has a fair challenge, not to easy and not too difficult to win at, currently I'm playing on Intermediate difficulty. because Rookie is too easy

If you are new to the racing games the 1st NASCAR heat game is perfect in my opinion.

I just typed in NASCAR HEAT into the internet, and it looks like their is a 2nd 3rd and 4th one after all these years and 3 console generations later.

Apparently someone has recently turned "NASCAR HEAT" into a series after all these years. the one I'm playing on is the 1st game for the PS1, and NASCAR HEAT 2,3, and 4 are all PS4 games lol,

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

ffxik

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 01:42:56 am »
I love me a good racing game, just not a NASCAR branded one.  My brother had one for the N64 It was....boring.  He wouldn't even play it.  I'm the only one that spent any time with it. 

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 03:39:53 pm »
One of the fundamental aspects that make a good racing game IMO, is track design and variance. Driving around in a large oval is not a compelling idea.

Agreed completely. There was a NASCAR game that I had for PS1 that had tracks that were actually interesting, not just driving in circles. The controls were kind of crappy but I enjoyed it. Can't remember which one it is.

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2020, 01:28:07 pm »

NASCAR HEAT original for the PlayStation 1, is mostly an arcade racing video game, however, some of the EA sports ones like NASCAR 99 and NASCAR 2000 is both arcade and simulation, you have the option for both. and the ability to tune your car, I am not a hardcore NASCAR fan so I prefer "NASCAR HEAT" because it's more player engaging and easier to control your car. NASCAR HEAT for the PS1 has a fair challenge, not to easy and not too difficult to win at, currently I'm playing on Intermediate difficulty. because Rookie is too easy

If you are new to the racing games the 1st NASCAR heat game is perfect in my opinion.

I just typed in NASCAR HEAT into the internet, and it looks like their is a 2nd 3rd and 4th one after all these years and 3 console generations later.

Apparently someone has recently turned "NASCAR HEAT" into a series after all these years. the one I'm playing on is the 1st game for the PS1, and NASCAR HEAT 2,3, and 4 are all PS4 games lol,

I was wrong about there not being another NASCAR HEAT video game, in the 6th generation their was NASCAR HEAT 2002 and  for the Xbox original though now I have a copy of that I have not played it yet

NO APPS NEEDED