Author Topic: May the 4th Be With You! (Random Star Wars Talk)  (Read 8451 times)

Re: May the 4th Be With You! (Random Star Wars Talk)
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2020, 06:31:59 pm »
It's good to know that the Disney Star Wars are liked by someone, I mean it give me more confidence that since I bascally liked  EPI EP2, EP3 Rouge One IV V VI   I am now confident that the Disney movies are not that bad, I'll watch them soon to make my own opinion :)

There are plenty of people that do like the films, not everyone hates them, I'm in that inbetween space of the fandom where I still find them very watchable for the action and just general Star Wars stuff, even if the trilogy is an absolute mess due to poor planning.  The Force Awakens is probably the best one of the 3 since it's the most well rounded of them, even if it's mostly a rehash of the original film.  Just keep an open mind going into them, it's real easy to fall into both the hype and the negativity of things, especially with all the opinions out there about them this long past their releases.  It's totally fine if you don't like them or if you actually do like them, there's no real wrong answer here.

To move away from the more negative talk about stuff, and bring some fun back in, they put out a CG short that's a lead in to the new Squadrons game coming up and it's pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2VmOqjV_7Q

Denial of what?  Just trying to move the conversation along abit more to something more productive since the thread could just devolve into more Disney Star Wars trilogy bashing, which has been done to death at this point in other threads about the movies.  That was sorta the point of this thread to begin with and I kinda slipped into that abit with my Prequel talk which I'm trying to do abit less...plus that's just a good CG short I posted.

pzeke

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2020, 06:55:36 pm »
Loosen your sphincter, dude, it was a joke.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2020, 08:12:05 pm »
Loosen your sphincter, dude, it was a joke.

It's fine, tone is just hard to get across at times on the web.

« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2020, 12:30:48 am »
To move away from the more negative talk about stuff, and bring some fun back in, they put out a CG short that's a lead in to the new Squadrons game coming up and it's pretty good.

I will say I'm genuinely excited for Squadrons. X-Wing and TIE Fighter were some of the defining games of my childhood, and if this game can capture that essence, I'm all for it.

Though, I still like this TIE Fighter short better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

ferraroso

« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2020, 08:36:34 pm »

I'm not following the news on this game very activelly, so my question may be a little off, but does anyone know whether this game is going to be a more single player focused story driven thing (like an Ace Combat in the Star Wars universe) or will it be one more online multiplayer mess?

« Reply #50 on: September 15, 2020, 10:43:12 pm »

I'm not following the news on this game very activelly, so my question may be a little off, but does anyone know whether this game is going to be a more single player focused story driven thing (like an Ace Combat in the Star Wars universe) or will it be one more online multiplayer mess?

It's both, it's got a singleplayer story to follow and a 5 v 5 dogfight multiplayer.

ferraroso

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2020, 12:34:42 am »
Thanks for the answer!

5 v 5 dogfight multiplayer.

Nah... I'll pass then...

pzeke

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2020, 07:01:16 am »
5 v 5 dogfight multiplayer.

Nah... I'll pass then...

Such an impeccable display of selective reading—sublime.

Bravissimo.

When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2020, 07:55:19 am »
(My Star Wars Movie Status Update)

I only have positive things to say about what I've seen so far.
I just re-watched Star Wars Episode IV, V, VI, and watched episode VII, and VIII, for the vary first time ever.

I like each movie the same way, in my heart
. But I have not watched, "The Rise Of Skywalker" or the Prequel to "Rouge One" yet. But I will. The Last Jedi (for example) is not bad, in my opinion. but I can see why someone could dislike it. In my own opinion, It's better to watch these movies, in order of the story and to remember what happened earlier in the story. And listen and remember as much about the story as possible.

This is my first attempt to watch and pay attention to everything in all movies made, so far.

Yes some original hero characters do die off, In the new movies. But that is all I'm saying in to avoid spoilers. And most of the earlier Star Wars Movies did have main characters dying off both heroes and villains It's called Star Wars

I will admit I have not been into, or (even liked watching) any movies in years. I have probably only seen one full movie in years. Before trying re-watching all of the Star Wars Movies in order. And breaching out to the new movies. This is a great story I have no complaints about any of the movies I've seen so far. :-\

What got me into watching and re-watching Star Wars Period, is the fact that found a bunch of them for sale at a local store. and my mom pointed them out to me. and I always wanted to see the movies (from the beginning) but never thought about it in years.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 08:09:32 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2020, 08:07:37 am »
As for Star Wars Video Games I need to play more of them in the future, I haven't beaten any Star Wars Video game yet :-\

NO APPS NEEDED

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2020, 11:38:50 am »
As for Star Wars Video Games I need to play more of them in the future, I haven't beaten any Star Wars Video game yet :-\

Based off of some of the other games you've talked about, start with Dark Forces. It's a FPS game along the same playstyle as Duke Nukem 3D and would be the Legends equivalent of Rogue One, as it's about stealing the Death Star plans. The game's sequels are the Jedi Knight series.

Otherwise, Knights of the Old Republic is generally considered the best Star Wars game out there. It's an RPG about a young jedi perusing the trail of Darth Revan. One of the most notable things is that you can follow the path of the light or dark side, both which change the story and how characters interact with you.

pzeke

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2020, 08:00:59 pm »

Try the SNES games, I'm sure you'll like 'em.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2020, 04:26:23 am »

Based off of some of the other games you've talked about, start with Dark Forces. It's a FPS game along the same playstyle as Duke Nukem 3D and would be the Legends equivalent of Rogue One, as it's about stealing the Death Star plans. The game's sequels are the Jedi Knight series.

Otherwise, Knights of the Old Republic is generally considered the best Star Wars game out there. It's an RPG about a young jedi perusing the trail of Darth Revan. One of the most notable things is that you can follow the path of the light or dark side, both which change the story and how characters interact with you.

I own quite a few Star Wars video game including

Star Wars Dark forces for PlayStation 1,
Star Wars Episode I Pod Racing, Nintendo 64
Star Wars Episode I Battle For Naboo for the Nintendo 64
Star Wars Shadows Of The Empire for the Nintendo 64
Star Wars Rogue Squadron 1 for the Nintendo 64
Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith PS2

I always get stuck on the sewer level in Star Wars Dark Forces, that level is a pain to figure out. all the rest of the Star Wars game I've tried are rock difficult video games. as well. I have no idea why they put a limited lives system in all of them (except EP1 Pod Racer) especially Dark Forces, having a limited life system in place is what makes most Star Wars games difficult for me.

Does anyone like having limited lives in a video game, to me? it makes no sense
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:30:16 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2021, 02:01:25 am »
So I managed to collect ALL star Wars Films, and I wanted to talk a little about Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith, OBone and the fact that that Sith actually comes back in one of the new Star Wars Movies.

I am actually a big Star Wars Film Freak now I have all movies made up until whenever Solo came out, all are worth watching by the way in my own opinion.

I personally think that the Sith in the Star Wars Universe is most terrified of Obone, but does not show it too much, I think eventually in the Star Wars Universe the force is going to res·ur·rect ob1 Kenobi and he is going to Permanently kill the sith and keep him from coming back forever in the Star Wars Universe.

There was a tiny tiny hint of this ob1 kenobi and  Sith paranoia in the movie Star Wars Episode III Revenge Of The Sith.

If you go back to General Grievous's Commandship in the beginning where Anakin Skywalker AKA Luke Skywalker's father later known in Star Wars universe as Darth Vader,

was on a mission to bring Count Dooku to justice and rescue the AHHHmm "The Sith"

In Episode III ob1 Kenobi fails to match the weight of Count Dooku's power Anakin Skywalker then  single handedly defeats Count Dooku, then short time after?

here is where I want you to pay attention to  Darth Sithious's aka Senater Palpatine's face who actually is the Sith himself and he is Darth Sithious. Look at Senator Palpatine face when Anakin Decides to save ob1 Kenobi's life? he tells Anikin Skywalker to leave Ben behind to die on General Grevious's command ship.

and when  Palpatine  said those words it was too late Ankin was already saving OB1's life and look of terror on Palatines face at the sight and thought of of Anakin Skywalker picking up an unconscious Ob1. to rescue him

Now? I think that is a hint,

Later on in Star wars Episode III Anakin and the Sith aka Senator Palpatine were talking about how Darth Sithious could stop people from dying and how his apprentice betrayed him. I honestly think that the Sith knew the whole Star Wars plot ahead of time, that apprentice that betrayed Darth Sithious the Sith later turned out to be Darth Vader in 3 movies later Return Of The Jedi and Darth Vader was at first saved from death by Darth Sithous aka the sith aka Senator Palpatine.

Senator Palpatine was always the bad guy. in case you didn't figure it out to begin with.

He was the Sith the entire time ever since Star Wars episode I The Phantom Menace, and eventually became the head of the Intergalactic Empire at the end of Episode III and remained the leader of the entire Intergalactic Empire until defeated by Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker in Episode VI Return Of The Jedi.

After that? I need to watch those files again and I'll keep you guys posted but Luke Skywalker

"out of filmset"

becomes a Jedi master like Master Yoda and trains Jedi Knights that then gets betrayed his own nephew  by Han Solo and princess lala Son Ben Solo. Ben Solo joins the dark side of the force and takes Darth Vaders Place I need to watch those films again carefully though, Ben Solo eventually gets defeated by Luke Skywalker Adopted Daughter aka his Apprentice in the Rise Of Skywalker if I am not mistaken then somewhere the Sith comes back to life then it ends.

To sum up this post if the disney cannon continues to follow a similar to story line as to the George Lucas I persoanlly think there will be a showdown between The Sith aks Darth Sithious and Ob1 Kenobi and you probally already know who's gonna win right.

Point being that Darth Sithious knows the future or is possibly a time traveler from the future Star Wars Universe, in EP III the look on his face was pure terror just watch Episode III again to see what I mean?

But an evil coward like Emperor Sithious would never admit to being frighten of ob1 but I really really think he is terrified of him and the if Ob1 comes back into Star Wars like he told Darth Vader when Darth Vader Defeated Ob1 in Episode IV "Strike me down Darth" and I will become more powerful than you will even imagine. :D

Thanks for reading ;)

Ob1 is like Jesus LOL not only does he look like him in various photos of the prequel trilogy but also I think if Ob1 really get ticked off he can probably due some serious Jedi butt kicking, I don't think Star Wars has seen the last of Ben how about you?

Nice Guy too nice but don't get on OB1's bad list :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 02:09:37 am by oldgamerz »

NO APPS NEEDED