Author Topic: Adam's Venture Origins PS4 EU i think i bought a fake printed copy by 365games  (Read 1667 times)

So i just bought Adam's Venture Origins PS4 EU from 365games for around £10.

However the game has turned up and it appears to be a fake at home printed cover!
EU copies of games have a tear strip around the bottom half of the game box, and to begin with, there is no tear strip.
This usually means that a game has been resealed by the seller.
However this cover is also a few centimetres too big on the top and bottom of the box, so it's sticking out of the top of the sheet plastic by no small amount on both the top and bottom.

Not only this but the back of the cover has white unprinted lines on it, usually seen when your printer starts running out of ink or the nozzles are blocked and it misses patches. There's also dappled white patches along the top of the print where the PS4 logo is, also looks like the printer ran out of ink   :/

Has anyone else encountered this on their copies of Adam's Venture Origins?

A while ago i bought Assassins Creed Chronicles from 365games as well, and couldn't work out if i was sold a fake printed cover for that one as well. All the edges were blurry as hell, and all the colours appeared washed out. So now i'm starting to think i have a fake cover on that one too  :/

oxymoronclaws

That's unfortunate! I've personally never used 365 Games, but I understand that they operate on a similar basis to CeX in the UK. The quality control is not great (putting it politely) on second-hand games, although that's very unusual that they would reseal a game to market it as new.

I'd personally e-mail them about your complaint, as they should honour a return/refund if the item is not what you asked for (i.e. a brand new copy of that game, not one with a reprinted cover/fake disc).

That's unfortunate! I've personally never used 365 Games, but I understand that they operate on a similar basis to CeX in the UK. The quality control is not great (putting it politely) on second-hand games, although that's very unusual that they would reseal a game to market it as new.

I'd personally e-mail them about your complaint, as they should honour a return/refund if the item is not what you asked for (i.e. a brand new copy of that game, not one with a reprinted cover/fake disc).

I haven't even bothered opening the box to check the disc, but i can see for a fact that the cover is printed unofficially and it's definitely been resealed  :/
I took another look at the back of the box, and have noticed print line going vertically over the soedesco logo as well  :/

I've messaged 365games and i've also messaged Soedesco themselves, as i don't think they'll be pleased to know that a company is printing fake boxes of their game and selling it as new and official.

I didn't realise that 365games had a reputation like that.
I never order much from them, but for the most part they've been ok. Then again that's as far as i know, i may have more fake covers and whatnot from them and i might not even know it.
To be perfectly honest, i don't really wanna take the risk with them anymore   :'(

mark1982

That’s unfortunate indeed. Have any pictures so we can see what you are referring to?

You can also check out eBay listing for the game, often they upload actual photos and you can compare your copy with what others have to see any similarities.
  l    l 

That’s unfortunate indeed. Have any pictures so we can see what you are referring to?

You can also check out eBay listing for the game, often they upload actual photos and you can compare your copy with what others have to see any similarities.

I'll take some pictures in a moment, dunno how great they'll look or if you'll be able to see the problems because my camera's so shitty  >.<
But i'll try!

Oh ho i did indeed compare mine! I compared them to listings on eBay and even watched an unboxing, and it appears mine is defo a fake.
You know how on some games the title is barely visible on the spine? Well Adam's Venture Origins (at least the one i bought from 365games) has the same issue. It also has the same issue with the flavour text on the back of the box. After watching an unboxing, the print is far FAR brighter and more legible on other peoples copies.

Like i said, i'll try and take some pictures soon but i don't hold out hope that you'll be able to see my issues.

I just got a response from 365games:

'I'm so sorry to hear about this!! I have requested a RAN details email to be sent to you so we can receive this back and investigate. This is an email to confirm your request for a return has been approved and the RAN details including required forms have been sent in a separate email which you should receive shortly after this.

If you are unable to find it, be sure to check your spam/promotions folder and enable attachments.

If you need anything else, simply reply back to this email. '

So at least i can send it back  :)

oxymoronclaws

That's good news, even if the disc itself works okay, I wouldn't be able to stand having the horrible reproduction artwork staring out of the shelf at me  :D
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 07:44:03 am by oxymoronclaws »

That's good news, even if the disc itself works okay, I wouldn't be able to stand having the horrible reproduction artwork staring out of the shelf at me  :D

Same, and now that i know that they do indeed do reprinted covers, i keep thinking about that Assassins Creed Chronicles that looked dodgy from them. Urgh, guess i'll have to replace that at some point too  :/

Right, so i took the best pictures i could with my awful camera, so i'm hoping you can all see the problems i'm about to list for each picture.
I've also now sent the game back to 365games, unfortunately they've listed as a replacement instead of a refund so here's hoping i am given a legit game this time    ::)

So for starters here's 3 pictures showing the over printing on the top and bottom of the box. The 3rd picture is probably the most noticable

Here's a picture of the spine of the box. It should say Adam's Venture Origins, but the word Origins is barely visible and it should be far brighter than what is shown. It's almost as though the ink from the background has bled over the words making them less visible.

The white 'scuff' marks you can see are actually on the printed cover and not on the outside of the box. Seems as though their printer was running out of ink when the cover was printed.

And like i said i know it's hard to tell with my shitty camera, but take a close look at the second 'S' in 'Soedesco'. Can you see that thin black line going through the 'S'? Yup, another misprint by their printer, where they've probably not cleaned the nozzles properly.

I do have one more image where there are white splotches on the PS4 logo at the top, but my bf has accidentally deleted it while he was transferring them, so we're trying to do a recovery on that picture now since i can't take pics of it anymore, cos i've already sent it off  >.<

Also notice that there's no PS4 tear strip on the box either, which all brand new PS4 EU games should have. It's the best way to check if you've received a PS4 game that's been resealed in the EU.