Author Topic: Value Increase of Games Lately  (Read 6907 times)

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

Re: Value Increase of Games Lately
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2020, 03:19:37 am »
Gamevaluenow's collection tracker since Feb/March hadn't been accurately keeping up with all the price increases as of late.  It was completely down for the last week but then finally came back today.  My collection value went up 40k, my head just about popped out of my skull.  I knew prices had gone up but good lord, this is crazy. 

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2020, 01:57:20 pm »
Gamevaluenow's collection tracker since Feb/March hadn't been accurately keeping up with all the price increases as of late.  It was completely down for the last week but then finally came back today.  My collection value went up 40k, my head just about popped out of my skull.  I knew prices had gone up but good lord, this is crazy.

Something good might come of this. Gaming overloads I think are violating laws that have to do with consumer rights, I am no expert of the law. But my heart tells me that if people can't buy any games to keep like you can in the olden days.

Something will burst, It's got to. People love retro gaming as well as modern gaming and if we can no longer keep our modern games. that companies can, take them off the internet. and, expect us to buy a new console, and another remaster, or take that game away, people will find other means to obtain video games.

Who wants to buy a lame one time digital download code for your friend? or relatives birthday? come on I know not. and better yet would you rather have a game that you can keep? or would you rather buy something only to have it taken away from you?

PS. Thank God for consoles that come with games built into them and consoles that can hold 1000's of games for the price of one new modern video game.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 02:00:30 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2020, 08:45:07 am »
Holly shit mine wint up over 60k

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2020, 09:01:31 am »
I wouldn't put too much faith in their pricing the site doesn't seem like it's running good

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2020, 09:02:50 am »
I'm not too sure about that pricing the site doesn't seem to be running good

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2020, 09:21:47 am »
You okay, buddy?  You seem to be having a full on conversation with yourself.

I decided to go take a look at GVN's collection tracker because why not.  I added like 5 games and decided to go look at my collection because it was being fucky, and now it's throwing an AJAX error and won't even let me view my collection.  I'm just gonna chalk it up to GVN being trash like always.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:55:11 am by ignition365 »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2020, 01:26:51 pm »
Yeah sorry phone was acting up

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2020, 04:24:16 pm »

I decided to go take a look at GVN's collection tracker because why not.  I added like 5 games and decided to go look at my collection because it was being fucky, and now it's throwing an AJAX error and won't even let me view my collection.  I'm just gonna chalk it up to GVN being trash like always.

Had this same issue. I only started an account due this thread last week.

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2020, 04:36:58 pm »

Had this same issue. I only started an account due this thread last week.
Yeah, it's why I use VGPC.  GVN looks nicer, but it just doesn't work.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2020, 01:27:39 am »
I mean to be fair there's nothing wrong with the actual price tracker for GVN, it pulls prices from eBay just like VGPC. The site is just going through a transition from a new owner and going back to regular updates.  There's a new beta that was released and I think they are having some growing pains trying to transition everything over.  They added new games for the first time in 10 months.  I'm holding out hope that they fix the issues as I really prefer the interface to VGPC.

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2020, 08:24:00 am »
They added new games for the first time in 10 months.
This was the reason I stopped using GVN.  VGPC lets vetted users add products to the site, so items get added daily.

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2020, 02:32:29 pm »
They added new games for the first time in 10 months.
This was the reason I stopped using GVN.  VGPC lets vetted users add products to the site, so items get added daily.

I've just been adding my stuff to VGPC over the past day and continuing today since GVN just doesnt want to work. Maybe once its stable sure but until then VGPC. Not gonna lie, its interesting to see what individual games I have are going for. Some of the prices are a bit out there but that COVID-19 bump is real it seems.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2020, 01:52:33 pm »
It's not just video games. Comic books, too. Things are spiking like crazy in both areas of collecting. Someone bought a first appearance of Miles Morales Spider-Man for $2800. It's a modern, mass-produced comic from Marvel, came out in 2011.

I'm not complaining as it's allowed me to sell some stuff for a decent penny, which then has given me money to afford other stuff I want.

It's all because of COVID. People are stuck at home and bored and need entertainment. So a lot of people that aren't collectors are getting nostalgic and wanting to play the game they remember from their childhood.

pzeke

« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2020, 02:49:35 pm »
It's all because of COVID. People are stuck at home and bored and need entertainment. So a lot of people that aren't collectors are getting nostalgic and wanting to play the game they remember from their childhood.

The perils of boredom.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2020, 07:25:38 pm »
It’s all likely going to go very pear shaped in about 12-18 months, when we start to see home foreclosures as a result of an impending global recession (possibly even depression) stemming from the economic fallout as a result of the pandemic. When that happens, everything, including second hand game values, will start going downwards, but I’d be surprised if they returned to pre-pandemic levels.
—Currently Playing—
Ace Attorney 4-5-6 (NS)
Raiden IV x Mikado (NS)