Author Topic: Feature request: calendar view option  (Read 915 times)

Feature request: calendar view option
« on: June 01, 2020, 11:14:07 pm »
Hi gang,

I'm going to try my best to describe the idea i have. Hopefully I'm not repeating someone else idea. If so sorry.

I think it would be nice if there was an option to see what a user has added for a day/week/month/year which they can select from a calendar.
i.e
Sort of like I select May 2 2020 from a calendar, The output would be "On May 2 2020 you added "XXXXXX" items to your collection" Displayed either in a thumbnail grid or a list.
Or
"For the month of May 2020 you added "XXXXXX"
"For the year 2020 you added "XXXXXX" 

but have the output display the date information from the date we entered in to the add item screen. For example i keep receipts for everything i buy, so i add a Sega Dreamcast console to my collection on the 2nd May 2020 but I've entered that i purchased it on June 2 2000, i would like the calendar to reference June 2 2000. Or maybe have it output both dates. Purchased and Entered.  Even have the notes we added to the item be displayed as well.

This option could be placed in the About section for every user where the "Platform Breakdown" screen is(just an idea).

What does everyone think?

Regards,
Diehard

dhaabi

Re: Feature request: calendar view option
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 11:28:20 pm »
I understand what you're getting at, but I think your idea could be executed much more simply by adding a user's own actions into their home feed while cross-checking a personal listing's notes.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2020, 11:30:20 pm by dhaabi »

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 08:12:57 am »
This isn't exactly what you want, but when I want to see stuff like that you can actually export your collect to an excel sheet and sort and view that stuff yourself.

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 08:50:22 am »
AH, from a design functionality standpoint, any information entered should be usable in some way. Not sure if a calendar is going to be the first result of such a thing, but perhaps the ability to sort a personal collection view by date purchased ascending/descending. Of course, that would require that the purchase date field is actually filled out on the collection entry.

In other words, we allow for the storage of the data but currently provide no way to make use of it, on the site, without exporting the data.