Author Topic: PC Monitor Recommendations  (Read 2318 times)

PC Monitor Recommendations
« on: June 22, 2020, 02:55:21 pm »
Anyone got any monitors they'd recommend? I'm not looking for some 500 dollar, high end, 4k setup, but I've been using a rather large older TV for awhile now, of which this TV has to be like 10 years old now and I'm just noticing more often that it's not keeping up with games on PC and console like it use to, the clarity just isn't there, so I figure it's time for an upgrade since I got a few extra bucks.

Price range is around 200 bucks, I need HDMI in for it so I can hook up my consoles to it with a splitter box I got, and size wise I'd probably say 27".  Been using this 31" TV for so long, even though I know it's too big for the setup, but it actually has a pretty good picture, so I went with it over a 27" spare one I got because of that.  Oh and if it helps, I'm running a GTX 1060 on my PC, so it can handle outs for DVI, HDMI, and Display.

I'm planning to browse a few youtube videos on monitors since it's pretty easy to find stuff like that now when shopping for things, but personal recommendations are always helpful.

Re: PC Monitor Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2020, 05:17:21 pm »
I've been pretty happy with my Pixio monitor. I got a 32" 1440p 144hz screen. but the resolution probably wouldn't work for you cause of the consoles. They do make other great screens though and an affordable price.

Something like this perhaps https://www.amazon.com/Pixio-FreeSync-Certified-1920x1080-Warranty/dp/B08462DXV2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=pixio%2B27%2B1080p&qid=1592860603&sr=8-1&th=1

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 05:37:10 pm »
All I can think of as far as brand new ones for a decent price is Walmart, i only found 1 but I am not sure if it has everything you want or need, I always shop for things at Walmart and everything I purchased from them is excellent quality the first link is what I found and the 2nd link is for more options

you can see the back of the TV/monitor by clicking on the back side photo and, it seems to have 3 HDMI ports and an VGA port also, it is the correct size though but it's not a SMART TV/Monitor though

(edit) this is a 32 inch and it's currently under $100 USD

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sceptre-32-Class-720P-HD-LED-TV-X322BV-SR/55427159

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=flat%20screen%20moniter
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 05:55:33 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 06:18:41 pm »
Oops, thats only 24in... ill keep looking

That Pixio one you linked does have a 27" option.  It's 260 which is reaching out of my price range, but it's a consideration.  Getting stuff like HDR, a higher refresh rate, better resolution, etc...Anything that gets brought up, I'm gonna look up youtube reviews for to get an idea of how they look, though at this point, basically anything will be an improvement for me lol

And thanks for the help, oldgamerz, but I'm going for a gaming monitor to get away from having a TV.  Need some good HDR and a higher refresh rate.  I'm pretty sure mine is like a 60hz, while the 27" Pixio I see is a 95hz and I might try for something even better than that.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2020, 04:40:08 am »
Looking at this monitor at the moment as it's a very affordable 144hz monitor.  The reviews seem mostly good, looked at a video review and of one that's close and the same brand, but a different monitor and those also look good.  It's also in stock which is nice too lol Gonna consider this one as it seems like it'll do pretty well for gaming and will be a notable upgrade from my old tv, though a curved monitor will be interesting to have for the first time.

https://www.amazon.com/Sceptre-Edge-Less-FreeSync-DisplayPort-C275B-144RN/dp/B07N6ZBCVY
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:42:22 am by kamikazekeeg »

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 09:43:35 am »
You have an nVidia card, make sure it actually supports FreeSync before buying that type of display. FreeSync is the AMD standard and G-Sync is the nVidia standard. Some nVidia cards will support one, both or none.

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 01:44:08 pm »
You have an nVidia card, make sure it actually supports FreeSync before buying that type of display. FreeSync is the AMD standard and G-Sync is the nVidia standard. Some nVidia cards will support one, both or none.

Right, I totally forgot about FreeSync and G-Sync.  I took a little look around and as long as I use DisplayPort, I should be able to use FreeSync with my card.

jipsy

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2020, 05:58:29 am »
I've always loved ASUS, never had a problem with any of their products I am using a 120hz 1080p 25" currently for my main monitor and a 24" 75hz monitor for my second, can't remember the model numbers off the top of my head.
Jipsy

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 02:20:48 pm »
I've always loved ASUS, never had a problem with any of their products I am using a 120hz 1080p 25" currently for my main monitor and a 24" 75hz monitor for my second, can't remember the model numbers off the top of my head.

I ended up going with the 144hz Sceptre monitor and while I've only had it for a day, the difference is noticeable in the quality of it already, but thanks for the recommendation.