Author Topic: New Purchase!  (Read 1572 times)

New Purchase!
« on: July 05, 2020, 02:33:14 pm »
I finally got Wonder Project J.  Ever since a '94 issue of Nintendo Power showed a preview, I've wanted to play it.  Today is a good day :)

Re: New Purchase!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2020, 04:48:59 pm »
cool :)

So I just looked up that game in the internet, is it true that this game is a Life Simulation game? Is it like The Sims People Simulation series? where you take care of your characters needs? and then progress them through their life career and relationships. or is this kind of an open world game? I'm curious.

(edit) I read a little more about this, but I never played it. I read it's about a robot boy or something? however  Wikipedia has little text describing this game, but to me it looks like it might be A Japan only Open world SNES game correct me if I'm wrong though

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 07:29:14 pm by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2020, 10:24:05 pm »
cool :)

So I just looked up that game in the internet, is it true that this game is a Life Simulation game? Is it like The Sims People Simulation series? where you take care of your characters needs? and then progress them through their life career and relationships. or is this kind of an open world game? I'm curious.

(edit) I read a little more about this, but I never played it. I read it's about a robot boy or something? however  Wikipedia has little text describing this game, but to me it looks like it might be A Japan only Open world SNES game correct me if I'm wrong though

It's more like the former.  You have to teach him that Ball is supposed to be thrown, and Book is supposed to be read. Fight off bad guys, but don't Fight off townsfolk.  Don't throw Book, or eat Ball, etc.  You basically start out teaching him common sense, and then later you have to take him to save his creator who got kidnapped.  It's basically like if you played the game Black & White, where you have to train your creature.

It also has a sequel on the Nintendo 64.  Just like it's predecessor, it also came this close to being localized, but not quite.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 03:46:32 am »
Awesome purchase! I was just watching Jeremy Parish's video on Wonder Project J on the N64. Interesting gameplay concept, and sad we never got them properly localized. I've been considering importing a copy of the N64 one, if not also the SFC one whenever the pandemic dies down in the US. Hope you have fun with it!

jipsy

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 04:55:32 am »
you waited 26 years to play that game?
Jipsy

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 01:29:56 pm »
Various circumstances in my life, mainly abuse, prevented me from playing a lot of games I wanted to play.  Fortunately I'm free now, and I have the opportunity to enjoy all that I missed.

That's one of the reasons I started collecting even though I'm now 38 years old.  I have a lot of catching up to do ;)

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 01:37:34 pm »
Various circumstances in my life, mainly abuse, prevented me from playing a lot of games I wanted to play.  Fortunately I'm free now, and I have the opportunity to enjoy all that I missed.

That's one of the reasons I started collecting even though I'm now 38 years old.  I have a lot of catching up to do ;)

Sorry to hear about your life circumstances. But happy you are out of it now and able to explore and grow.

Have fun!

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 09:42:51 pm »
Sorry to hear about your life circumstances. But happy you are out of it now and able to explore and grow.

Have fun!

Thanks, it's not a big collection yet, but I'm happy with what I got so far

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 02:46:12 pm »

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 09:50:14 pm »
You got abused? Oh man, that’s not ok. I’m glad you’re doing better now though. I’d ask for further details just out of curiosity, but I’m not a jerk. After all, everyone (including me) has things they’d rather not discuss, and that’s completely fine.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 09:53:31 pm by spyrofanx »