Author Topic: Sony license server is having problems.  (Read 1821 times)

ffxik

Sony license server is having problems.
« on: July 10, 2020, 05:55:09 pm »
I wasn't sure where to put this.  So I went with General Discussion.  Peeps you need to keep an eye on your digital purchases through Sony.  Apparently their licensing server is on the blink.  People are losing digital purchases be it full games or just dlc.  Not only are they losing the licence but the transaction history is being deleted too.

Sony's customer support has been less than helpful with this and even if you still have the conformation email verifying your purchase.  Sony is not restoring affected purchases and accounts.

This is affecting the PS4, PS3, PSVita, and PSP.  So check your purchases.

Re: Sony license server is having problems.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 06:43:43 pm »
I wasn't sure where to put this.  So I went with General Discussion.  Peeps you need to keep an eye on your digital purchases through Sony.  Apparently their licensing server is on the blink.  People are losing digital purchases be it full games or just dlc.  Not only are they losing the licence but the transaction history is being deleted too.

Sony's customer support has been less than helpful with this and even if you still have the conformation email verifying your purchase.  Sony is not restoring affected purchases and accounts.

This is affecting the PS4, PS3, PSVita, and PSP.  So check your purchases.

Jesus, that's horrible. I was on earlier and didn't see anything wonky, but if I get screwed out of stuff I paid for, I would be done with Sony forever. This, however, is why I don't add ANYTHING digital to my collection here. You don't own it, and it can be taken away at any time.

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 06:53:51 pm »
I think I saw this pop up somewhere before. I think it was fixed by rebuilding the database?

I saw this issue on my vita a while back. I just had to sign in to my plus account to restore the licenses.

telekill

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 07:01:03 pm »
This is why I don't do digital when given the choice.

It's why I'll be getting the PS5 with the optical drive.

byron

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 11:08:00 pm »
Does getting a disc even matter anymore? Whether you install the game from the internet or from a disc, they can still yank your license. I hope I'm wrong about that...

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 11:47:25 pm »
Does getting a disc even matter anymore? Whether you install the game from the internet or from a disc, they can still yank your license. I hope I'm wrong about that...

yes they can, if you need to download the game from the internet. Even though you paid for it they have the legal right to take it away from us. and charge us more money for another version of the same game, on newer console. forcing us to buy a new consoles, and a new digital game.

However I think that taking away our games once we paid is a violation of consumer rights. But they might have some excuse MORE ON THE NEXT POST

and say________Well I guess you should have read our extremely long Licences agreement before buying.

however you can back them up with a large external harddrive, but on the PlayStation 3. it won't copy most of the game's patches off onto your back up harddrive unless you somehow hack into it. and force the PS3 to copy everything onto another PlayStation 3.

Once the PS3 server closes down the only way you can continue to play and not have a broken games is to update each and every game on the PlayStation 3 online while the servers are still open. and pray you console does not brake.

The (NA) Red Greatest Hits PS3 games have a more current patch on the disc itself. But some still are broken by just using the disc and not downloading the latest patch.

It sounds like SONY might be taking away our patches on the PS3.

If that happens then a lot of our PlayStation 3 game discs will only be able play a broken video games.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:20:11 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 12:14:44 am »
this is off topic but I'll squeeze this into here.

CONSUMER RIGHTS IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

The following information is from the internet,

What are the 8 basic rights of a consumer?

The eight consumer rights are: Right to basic needs, Right to information, Right to choose, Right to representation, Right to redress, Right to consumer education, and Right to healthy environment.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 12:18:05 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 01:53:45 am »

yes they can, if you need to download the game from the internet. Even though you paid for it they have the legal right to take it away from us. and charge us more money for another version of the same game, on newer console. forcing us to buy a new consoles, and a new digital game.

However I think that taking away our games once we paid is a violation of consumer rights. But they might have some excuse MORE ON THE NEXT POST

and say________Well I guess you should have read our extremely long Licences agreement before buying.

however you can back them up with a large external harddrive, but on the PlayStation 3. it won't copy most of the game's patches off onto your back up harddrive unless you somehow hack into it. and force the PS3 to copy everything onto another PlayStation 3.

Once the PS3 server closes down the only way you can continue to play and not have a broken games is to update each and every game on the PlayStation 3 online while the servers are still open. and pray you console does not brake.

The (NA) Red Greatest Hits PS3 games have a more current patch on the disc itself. But some still are broken by just using the disc and not downloading the latest patch.

If that happens then a lot of our PlayStation 3 game discs will only be able play a broken video games.

Fully agree. I've gone to the effort of doing this as best I can. I had a 500GB HDD & Install/Updated ALL of my games and then made a backup - It took days! But what happens when my PS3 tanks - I had one already do that even just keeping it in a sealed bag in storage...

On a side note my friend recently said that a PS4 game based off the Legend of Korra has vanished off the PlayStation Store - Not sure if it is just the UK Store but I couldn't find it either.

I still don't see why Sony can't hold a server with all the Updates available on a website to which we can just copy from to a USB stick and install. Patches are implemented into 90% of games these days and for good reason. I don't want to be stuck with broken games in the future.

ffxik

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 04:05:28 am »
I think I saw this pop up somewhere before. I think it was fixed by rebuilding the database?

I saw this issue on my vita a while back. I just had to sign in to my plus account to restore the licenses.

That has worked for some not for others though.  I don't think this problem is a wide spread as the whole debacle in 2016?  The PSN hack.  It's still something I thought should be made aware.  The only system I have any digital items on is my PS3 and it was fine.
What I don't know is that if this can become a problem later on.  Just because I'm unaffected now doesn't mean I'm out of the woods, or maybe I got lucky.  What I do know is that Sony being completely mum about this issue just like before is really starting to erode my trust in them.  Not that I had much to begin with.

ffxik

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 04:09:15 am »

That's kinda the thing.  When you put in your PS4 or XBONE disc that's what it is looking for is the license on the disc.  So technically no they can't with physical media.

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 07:22:10 am »

Fully agree. I've gone to the effort of doing this as best I can. I had a 500GB HDD & Install/Updated ALL of my games and then made a backup - It took days! But what happens when my PS3 tanks - I had one already do that even just keeping it in a sealed bag in storage...

On a side note my friend recently said that a PS4 game based off the Legend of Korra has vanished off the PlayStation Store - Not sure if it is just the UK Store but I couldn't find it either.

I still don't see why Sony can't hold a server with all the Updates available on a website to which we can just copy from to a USB stick and install. Patches are implemented into 90% of games these days and for good reason. I don't want to be stuck with broken games in the future.

ps3 games being unplaybale in the future that sounds rough,
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 07:25:45 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telekill

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2020, 08:00:10 am »
however you can back them up with a large external harddrive,

That's what I've done on my PS4. Everything is stored onto a 4TB external. It's only slightly more than half filled with about 50 games.

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2020, 12:10:50 am »
Oh my stars and garters, digital shit disappearing all of a sudden... Who would’ve thunk it?

Seriously, though, are you all surprised?

This, however, is why I don't add ANYTHING digital to my collection here. You don't own it, and it can be taken

They can be yours if you follow the path of the dark side. I've been told they have cookies.

Now, if I'm being honest...yet quite facetious, all of this just makes me...

PS: Sorry if I come off as an asshole, but hey, you know I'm right.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!