Author Topic: How have you guys been getting games recently?  (Read 1947 times)

jipsy

How have you guys been getting games recently?
« on: July 19, 2020, 11:27:29 pm »
I haven't been going to stores and I assume some of you haven't been either. Is there any unexpected sites that you guys have been finding games on recently?
Jipsy

Re: How have you guys been getting games recently?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 12:06:14 am »
Just good ol' eBay for me.  There's also DKOldies if you don't care about games not being cib.

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 12:25:44 am »
Amazon mostly.

However, I'm not buying much right now with the recent spike in prices, so I'm more focusing on my other collections for collecting, and trying to whittle down the backlog of doom right now.

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 01:03:47 am »
Surprisingly Gamestop. Even during lockdown my local Gamestop was still doing curbside pickup and that's where I ended up getting Doom Eternal, Animal Crosssing, FF7 Remake, and The Last of Us 2. Funny enough I haven't bought any games, new or used, online for at least 6-months.

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 02:52:34 am »
Ebay, Amazon, The Game Collection, Base.com - All online retailers.

I still won't be going into shops for quite some time.

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 03:17:53 am »
LukieGames has had some decently priced stuff, but you have to really try and check every listing- 95% of their stuff is insanely priced.  I buy most of my games from facebook collecting groups.  I've made some really good contacts and we hook each other with good deals/trades. Got some killer cib og gameboy stuff on the way from a bud who i cut a deal for earlier this year on a rare gameboy box.  Some of our local gamestores have done web sales too.   

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 03:41:48 am »
Daring high stakes heists

telekill

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 08:17:10 am »
FF7 Remake - Best Buy curbside pick up at launch.
Streets of Rage 4 - Limited Run Games mail call.
Ghost of Tsushima - Gamestop in store at launch.

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 08:40:55 am »
I was prepared for this years ago.  I stopped buying stuff in person a long time ago, so my manner of getting stuff hasn't changed.  Maybe only in that more people are doing what I'm doing now, so it's hard to find good deals.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 08:44:07 am »
eBay and Game Stop.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 11:30:23 am »
Ebay and GameStop.

Thrift shops around here dried up before the pandemic happened. And my local Goodwill just stopped putting out video games all together, besides PC games. They just go up on their auction site, now. So it's been that way for a while, now.

There is one guy at the local flea market that has a helluva video game set-up, retro and current, and he is there every weekend. But I go sparingly because his prices are close enough to online prices that you're not saving much, anyways. And man, don't get me started on the flea market. He's the only good thing they got going, anymore. It's sad. Used to love that place.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 04:48:03 pm »
Im staying home mostly which limits my game collecting but im playing more than usual so it's all good.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 04:53:08 pm by wartoy »

pzeke

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 06:15:33 pm »
I was prepared for this years ago.  I stopped buying stuff in person a long time ago, so my manner of getting stuff hasn't changed.  Maybe only in that more people are doing what I'm doing now, so it's hard to find good deals.

Pretty much this. Other than Walmart, it's mostly eBay for me, and most recently GameStop.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2020, 06:41:55 pm »
Yes I got a bunch of PlayStation 1 games for 50c USD a piece from a physical Disc Replay store, all I needed to do was wear a mask and get a ride down there. A few people were there. out front, lied a gigantic value bin with more than just sports games, funny thing was everyone in the store. Everyone was ignoring the value bin, except myself. 2 guys were browsing another section. standing there, while I was digging through the value bin by myself. I got games like

Tetris PS1, and a whole lot of racing games, I didn't already have, plus, I got a replacement Call Of Duty 2: Big Red One and, Finest Hour for the PlayStation 2 for $6 USD a piece.

I got a copy of "Air Combat" for 50c, I was lucky I I spend about $37 USD on an entire grocery bag full of video games, mostly PlayStation 1
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2020, 06:48:49 pm »
haven't realy changed anyways of getting games. although I do check wal-mart for copies of new games first since they tend to sell  them for $10 less than anywhere else. especailly since my GCU finally expired.