Author Topic: The Price of PS2 Games Are Exploding  (Read 5458 times)

wartoy

PRO Supporter

Re: The Price of PS2 Games Are Exploding
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2020, 11:40:12 pm »
All I know is I own 163 Xbox games that you can't even play on a ps2 and I don't even own all the exclusive games. That number alone should peek some intrest for most gamers plus most games released for both systems were better on Xbox.Their were great horor games on Xbox silent hill 2,4 Cold Fear and The Thing,Run Like Hell then exclusive games like House of the dead III,Doom 3,Land of The Dead Road to Fiddler's Green and Half Life 2,Call of Cthulhu,Curse Eye of Isis (exclusive in NA).I think the ps2 was a awesome system with huge amount of exclusive games But as a gamer I wouldn't want to limit myself to only that experience I found plenty to enjoy with both systems imo.

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2020, 12:03:28 am »
Morrowind, Arx Fatalis, Jade Empire, Fable, Dungeons & Dragons Heroes, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 & 2, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Justice League: Heroes, X-Men Legends 1 & 2, Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows. And even if you don't like every other game on that list, there's no denying Morrowind. That game alone is worth owning an Xbox or a 360. No other game like it on consoles that generation.

And to answer your question: I'd rather play Morrowind on Xbox because I'm not a PC gamer, and even if I was I'm not bothering with tweaking my PC and looking for files to download to make it work in 2020.
Also Crimson Sea,Enclave,Metal Dungeon,Sudeki,Black Stone Magic and Steel,Bards Tale and Fable the lost Chapters
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:18:25 am by wartoy »

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2020, 09:18:14 am »
Let's not forget All Xbox's actually have an internal hard drive capability, with the original Xbox coming with a hard drive packed in. and the PlayStation 2 and GameCube needs memory cards in order to save your game progress. If I were you guys and buying all these PlayStation 2 and GameCube games I'd be stocking up on memory cards too. While they are still cheap. Especially if you like sports games like I do. Or not.  ::)

I love both my PlayStation 2 and my Xbox's more than my GameCube. Because GameCube has always been more expensive at least in the past 10 or so years

PlayStation 2 had a room for a hard drive but I never figured out what hard drive is compatible or how to mod a PlayStation 2 how to use it or USB flash drives.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 09:23:51 am by oldgamerz »
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

sworddude

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2020, 09:43:30 am »
I know xbox had good stuff

but It lacked exclusives and heavy hitting titles (that people seek to replay today) compared to it's competition, also western rpg's like morrowind where far superior on pc let alone more mods, most people who play these series play it on pc not xbox. again a ton of the nostalgia for that series is pc not console.

Only thing I'm saying is that the argument that more people have nostalgia for the cube and ps2 is a very poor excuse to defend the Og xbox.

Xbox has good stuff but the nostalgia argument for the other consoles makes no sense at all. If the library's where comparable in quality with the other 2 sure I'd love to agree with that but it really isn't the case, not many people will agree with that except for really hardcore xbox fans. I was never to fond of sony in the olden days but it definitely has tons of good stuff wich I figured out later on it definitely is pretty impressive it's pretty hard to deny that it might be one of the best gaming libraries of all time. I really can't say the same for xbox it's not even on the same lvl. Again xbox has great titles like otogi, panzer dragoon orta voodoo vince to name some examples, but it's a pretty far cry compared to the peaks of other consoles especially for titles that are playable today for a different experience.

being suprised why xbox hasnt increased that much in price even though there is way less supply and the rare games are more rare isn't that strange if you compare libraries on all 3 consoles. and the lack of said titles for sought after genre's that are replayable today. I'd only call it slightly underrated at best but I definitely don't fault people for ignoring xbox. it's has some fun stuff but nothing to lose some sleep over compared to ps2 and the cube.

western rpg's and shooters, the first having way more fans as pc players and the 2nd in an era where online quality shooters are in an abundance.

And it hasn't changed in the current era, because exclusives on new gen xbox console have basicly become a big meme now it's almost non existent it's only gotten worse with every new console gen

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 10:18:36 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2020, 11:15:39 am »
I'm not sure how having more nostalgia doesn't make sense. More people owned PS2, therefore there's more people that get nostalgic about it. It's hard to get nostalgic about a machine you never owned (Xbox).

sworddude

« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2020, 11:32:03 am »
I'm not sure how having more nostalgia doesn't make sense. More people owned PS2, therefore there's more people that get nostalgic about it. It's hard to get nostalgic about a machine you never owned (Xbox).

what about people that never owned an ps2 and look back at those 6th gen consoles, or what about people that actually did own an OG xbox yet like ps2 way more because it has more and better stuff for the genre's that they like.

if these people have a look at both libraries ps2 is going to win over xbox in a ton of times.

Or What about nintendo fans looking at both the ps2 and xbox console.

Ps2 has tons of stuff that nintendo fans like and more, can one say the same thing for xbox I digress not at the same lvl.

ps2 has way more potential to lure in newcomers, xbox has way less of that.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:37:24 am by sworddude »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2020, 11:38:22 am »
Yeah, of course that's true for some people. But most people aren't collectors like us. Most people owned only 1 console per generation. We're niche. So for most people, they had the PS2, and not an Xbox.

sworddude

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2020, 12:26:07 pm »
Yeah, of course that's true for some people. But most people aren't collectors like us. Most people owned only 1 console per generation. We're niche. So for most people, they had the PS2, and not an Xbox.

What about gamecube though. even had less sales than xbox yet tons of people seeking games for that console including people that only owned a ps2 back in the day. and xbox sold really poorly in japan wich means way more sales in the west for xbox compared to the cube.

it's pretty hard to say plenty of people have nostalgia for gamecube it was the worst selling console of that generation. Yet gamecube still has an interesting library that lures in not only it's original owners from back in the day, but also sony and probably xbox fans for having heavy hitting quality titles that no other console has and have great replay value today.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 12:52:45 pm by sworddude »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2020, 03:27:13 pm »
Which goes back to what I said. Makes no sense Xbox games aren't going up too since those are the best versions of games that generation. I never disagreed that PS2 or GameCube is more popular.

sworddude

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2020, 05:55:48 pm »
Which goes back to what I said. Makes no sense Xbox games aren't going up too since those are the best versions of games that generation. I never disagreed that PS2 or GameCube is more popular.

to be fair the few games that are multiplatform on xbox are rising the few that actually matter at least.

Fatal frame series has doubled on xbox during covid.

And marvel vs capcom 2 xbox wich is pretty strange considering xbox 360 and ps3 store having those at a pretty low price plus with online play aka the reason why they dropped in value in the first place. that has to be nostalgia and collectors for that one considering that the online download is in the xbox 360 ps3 store for pretty cheap. you'd imagine that hardcore fans of the series already have it by than.

Or ofcourse the few exclusives that are actually worth it, that people actually might replay it in this day and age.

otogi, stubbs zombie conker live & reloaded to name some examples.

if your expecting other titles in the xbox library to rise in price, perhaps it's player base is either more pc based, less replay value today, or the genre being outclassed by current gen shooters and last but not least the games being to common.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 05:58:58 pm by sworddude »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2020, 07:51:01 pm »
"Some people you just cant reach"

pzeke

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2020, 02:26:49 am »
This topic in a nutshell, courtesy of sworddude:

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

sworddude

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2020, 05:45:51 am »
I thought this was a forum for discussion,

Anyways, pretty amusing to see so many xbox fans being salty and suprised why the OG xbox is allot less popular/sought after compared to the other 2 in the current era ::)

« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 05:51:21 am by sworddude »

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2020, 09:55:44 am »
Well im not salty and im nither a xbox fan nor a ps2 fan im a videogame fan. Im flexible that way.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2020, 01:32:16 pm »
Nobody is denying the other two are more popular. That's the entire point of the conversation, lol. And yeah, calling any regulars here fanboys is just ridiculous. We all collect everything. Hell, I have twice the amount of PS2 games than I do Xbox games. And if anyone came off as a fanboy here, it was you. You're intent on making Xbox look like shit like you have a vendetta against it.

It was simply an observation that Xbox versions of games are superior, yet undervalued.

The same can be said for Sega Master System games, I suppose. NES was far more popular, but multiplats are better on Sega Master System. And for the most part, NES games are more sought after.