Author Topic: When Do Think The Last Time You Looked Through Your Collection?  (Read 1904 times)

for Me? I'd say a few months ago, Sometimes I find games I am shocked to see, in my collection. the question I'm asking you all today, is mainly about how long do you think it's been since you went through your collection, and sorted it out, and found out how many games you have currently, or how many duplicates you own. I mean actually sat down and maybe refresh your memory.

Do you ever get shocked when you see something you didn't know you had already? I could not imagine how I could remember every game I have, if I had as many games as some of you guys have.
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

Re: When Do Think The Last Time You Looked Through Your Collection?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 08:34:11 am »
I look at my collection daily... but inventory and such, maybe once a year... if that.  And every time I do that, I find games that I forgot to add to VGC.  Duplicates however, I'd say never, but every once in a while I'll go and update my sell/trade list.

I will say though, I do Ring Fit daily in my retro game room, and when I'm doing exercises that have me looking away from the TV, I'm looking at my collection.  Mainly Genesis, OG Xbox, Xbox 360, and N64.  Other than N64, I'll see games for Genesis I'm not patently aware that I owned, or I'll see random games and think to myself "Oh, I should play that what I'm done exercising."

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 10:10:48 am »
My collection is in my office, which I am in daily, so I'm looking at it every day.  I don't really do full inventories, because that's what I use this site for.  I did it once when I joined, and new games don't go onto the shelf until they are entered into my collection here.

Do you ever get shocked when you see something you didn't know you had already? I could not imagine how I could remember every game I have, if I had as many games as some of you guys have.

I actually posted about this in the General thread a couple of weeks ago.
I had a first yesterday.  I was going through my games trying to decide what to play next and I came across Nioh 2, which I had no recollection of buying.  I had to go digging through all my purchase histories - I had stuck it in a bundle of B2G1 stuff that I had gotten from Target.

But again, that's why I'm on the site in the first place - so I don't have to remember.  I can just pull out my phone, click a couple of buttons and there's a list of everything I have.

dhaabi

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 11:08:21 am »
Often, albeit indirectly. Having my entire collection added to this site, I go through it every now and then. Although, my collection at-large is also regularly around me as others have mentioned.

However, I will say that I'm slowly taking my collection off of shelves to complete their respective item listing pages on VGC (box text, item number, etc..)

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 12:12:42 pm »
for Me? I'd say a few months ago, Sometimes I find games I am shocked to see, in my collection. the question I'm asking you all today, is mainly about how long do you think it's been since you went through your collection, and sorted it out, and found out how many games you have currently, or how many duplicates you own. I mean actually sat down and maybe refresh your memory.

Unless you didn't list it correctly when you first started, I don't see how one would miss any duplicates or new games while  looking through the full collection. Extra work if you didn't organize it well from the start I'd say. Rather avoid that by doing it correctly from the get go. instead of organizing the collection for hours to find out you where actually didn't list 3 games and missed 2 duplicates.

It can ofcourse also happen when you add your newly purchases games way later than when you get them in.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 06:27:38 pm »
 I view my collection regularly it is in the basement on display so you can easily see or play any games you want. I regularly add any new  games to my collection list so no surprises looking threw my collection.My extra copies are now boxed and stored I try to record my extra copies if I make a mistake and get a double unfortunately this does happen some time. One day I plan on getting rid of my extras but it won't be easy I have about 2000 extra copies i've got from buying whole collections or just mistakes.

astralsoul

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 09:38:31 pm »
I see mine everyday. I rarely browse through it though. I pretty much know what I have and don't have at this point and I keep an active list in Google Sheets of everything I have as well as update it on here. My philosophy towards collecting has always been if you don't know you have it then you don't need/want it. Several years ago I would buy games just to buy them to have them in my collection but anxiety rose as I went through my collection and realize I have all these games I know I will never play and I question why I have them in the first place, thus leading me to sell a lot of games. So now I try to only buy what I want and will play.

mark1982

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2020, 11:36:39 pm »
Pretty much see it daily as others mentioned since I display it in my gaming room. Actually going through, maybe once a year since I tend to shift things around here and there so other consoles and titles get more visibility and I enjoy to go through them to organize, reorganized and so forth.
  l    l 

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 12:04:02 am »
Here and there. Mines is divided between the porch and my room so its not the biggest and plus since I have it updated here, Im not finding myself with games I forgot I even had like I had in the past.

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 12:35:11 am »
I spend easily half my day, every day in my game room, which is now also my office since March.

ferraroso

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2020, 02:35:12 am »
I look at my collection much more often than I play anything from it.
Some nights, I find myself just sitting down on my gaming room, listening to music and looking at my games and consoles under LEDs...

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2020, 08:31:50 am »
I find myself just sitting at my desk in the ole B.O.B. just marveling at my craziness. I sit in a chair and just soak in the glory of what I have created. It’s my happy place.

I was out there yesterday adding new comics to my box and enjoying life.

kashell

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 08:49:18 am »
The game room is now my office, so I look at it everyday.

pzeke

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 07:30:09 pm »
My video game collection and all of my other collectibles are in my room, so unless you're blind they're hard to go unnoticed.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

thewelshman

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 12:09:36 pm »
My collection is in storage, which is where it has been since my office turned into the nursery. I did go through it a few months ago when a rumor was going around a kid from the neighborhood had stolen from us. It ended up being false since the girl spreading the rumor's very words come out crooked as she speaks them. So there is never legitimacy to what she says.

Still, I wanted to make sure it was all still there and I've been in the mood to do some gaming. Very soon they'll be back in my room after the "built-in" gets put together.