Author Topic: What is your favorite game on the GBA?  (Read 3141 times)

telly

Re: What is your favorite game on the GBA?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 09:12:39 am »
I feel like a lot of licensed games on the GBA are at least... decent? They're not good by any means, but most developers went with a 2D platformer on the GBA, which makes them at least functional and usually better than their console counterparts.
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

sworddude

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 01:15:51 pm »
Shrek 2

Is this really a good game? Or was this a joke post? Genuinely curious, never played it or heard anyone talk about it before.

I've owned it since I was a kid. It's a pretty average 2D puzzle/platformer

That's what I'd assume with a licensed kids game like this. But you never know, there are some hidden gems like DuckTales, so I thought I'd ask.

Ducktales was made by capcom I wouldn't call that a hidden gem. isn't this series top 10 material on nes with all time iconic tracks like the moon.  It's literally considered a must have title for nes.

Disney clearly invested allot of money and hired competent devs (like capcom and sega) to make quality games, this isn't your standard licensing example.

Disney in 8 and 16 bit era was in the quality game department, it wasn't comparable to normal movie based games.

ducktales, world of illusion, castle of illusion, maui mallard quackshot alladin, by some even considered some of the best games on the system.

I feel like a lot of licensed games on the GBA are at least... decent? They're not good by any means, but most developers went with a 2D platformer on the GBA, which makes them at least functional and usually better than their console counterparts.

In my opinion allot of movie based gba games also got the isometric 3d look + gameplay. let alone the distored grapics for trying to use 3d in a 2d platformer wich the gba was pretty poor at when done badly.

Also unlike older 2d bit home consoles, allot of poorly made 2d platformers on gba felt like cheap flash games, they didn't look to hot mainly thanks to not fully sticking to 2d and 3d character models and enviroments in a them 2d sections.

Check jurrasik park and terminator for example. 2d platformers in 16 bit era, on gba ugly isometric 3d games.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 01:32:24 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 01:20:40 pm »
Just meant licensed kids games in general suck and DuckTales is one of the few that don't.

pzeke

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2020, 07:28:04 pm »

This was a hard one 'cause the GBA has plenty of good games to choose from.

It really has one of the most extensive and varied libraries

That library includes five different games based on Bratz dolls. I would be hesitant to call the size of the library one of its positive traits when that size is due to the amount of filler in it.

That pretty much can be said about most, if not all other consoles/handhelds. But I get your point.

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2020, 07:44:29 pm »
Shrek 2

Is this really a good game? Or was this a joke post? Genuinely curious, never played it or heard anyone talk about it before.

I've owned it since I was a kid. It's a pretty average 2D puzzle/platformer

This game appears to be published by Activision, in my opinion Activision is a Solid publisher known for quality games since October 1, 1979

I would assume this Shrek  game would be good just because it's Activision, I never played a crappy game made by Activision, even in the Atari 2600 titles they were known for making or publishing
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)

(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)

NO APPS NEEDED

google "THE ANGEL CLASSIC ROCK MIX" StreamFinder is best.

64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage

over 21,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

pzeke

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2020, 09:02:49 pm »

But honestly, though, let's stay on topic.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 09:04:23 pm by pzeke »

I know your every move behind this face; I have control over expendable slaves.
When confrontation comes down to the wire, I'll use my cyclotrode to commence the fire.
You're never gonna get me!

mark1982

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2020, 11:02:33 pm »
GBA is a fantastic handheld, probably one of my favs.

I got into the console a bit late but was surprised at the amount of quality titles, few of my picks:

l    l 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2020, 01:48:40 am »
GBA is a fantastic handheld, probably one of my favs.

I got into the console a bit late but was surprised at the amount of quality titles, few of my picks:

You sir, are a man of culture.