Author Topic: What is your principal goal collecting games?  (Read 639 times)

Re: What is your principal goal collecting games?
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 02:16:16 am »
To fill the gaping hole in my life with stuff, of course.

pzeke

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 04:07:54 pm »
To fill the gaping hole in my life with stuff, of course.

VGCollect: Hypocrisy Unbound

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2020, 10:19:04 am »
I think alot people on this thread answered my reason for gaming in some shape or form.

I think of games as books, pieces of art, and when you start  a game, you get teleported into the world.

I see it as looking thru a mirror (TV), a portal to another world, were you can explore, and experience people of that world's emotions.

If i want world full of horrors', it is at hands reach, and i am their. Resident Evil VII with PSVR.

If i want adventure and exploration, recently, Genshin Impact, but i would always play RPGs

If more of story telling, sit back and enjoy, Graphic Novels/Interactive games like Detroit

Be the hero, the Villain, Savior, Demon, etc etc.

As saying goes Gamer wears many Hats.

So Video Game Collecting for me, is me creating network of portals, that are at hands reach to traveler as unseen being to worlds beyond imagination.

I am the Portal Master. =) And i want as many Portals to interesting worlds as i can get get my hands on, that are worth visiting. (No Sports Games) 
The Mind is The Slayer of Reality. --- LoS

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2020, 03:22:29 am »
My principal goal collecting games is actually already reached:

I wanted to build myself a room containing my favorite consoles, plugged and ready to play, offering a not-too-small library of gems and must-have games for every system. As I went on collecting, some shelves grew bigger than expected, and there are still some items "missing", but all in all, I'm very satisfied with my little gaming-lab, as I call it  8)
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US !!
WELCOME TO YOUR DOOM !!

tripredacus

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2020, 09:28:13 am »
All of my collecting goals basically dried up when I finally hit the tipping point of having too many games to play, or owning games I'd never play and have no care about. So I suppose now my only goal is to get all of the Transformers related games, but even so, it is not active. I'm just focusing on collecting other things right now and not really doing anything with games.